Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 01:59 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,149,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
I think that's true, because when people marry "up" or "down", everyone else notices.
Good point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 02:00 PM

1,960 posts, read 4,652,346 times
My ideal woman? Oh I got an acronym for it. SSLUUF.

-Supportive (requires an understood level of subordination, it is what it is)
-Sexual (wants it, encourages it, doesn't leverage it with it, is good at it and allowing in it)
-Loyal (see supportive, doesn't use the law to coax someone into compliance, aka threat of divorce the second her 'day' isnt going her way)
-Unopinionated(non-combative, non-nagging)
-Unwaivering (non-flake, lacks constant mood swings)
-Frugal (financially healthy and fiscally conservative, materially un-entitled).

Do these qualities exist in women? Absolutely. Do they exist in consonance? Hell no. And the thing about it is that I don't find these qualities, in isolation, to be good enough to marry someone. I guess that puts me up the creek. I no longer barter for qualities. It's SSLUUF or the road, Jill. I WANT company, i don't NEED company. I want my SSLUUF! All that said, if there is no physical attraction, then even a SSLUUF won't do. This thing is too tall an order. Perhaps the willingness to exhibit a certain level of subordination is in itself inversely proportional to a woman's self-assessment of her sexual market value? I don't know the answer but I sure have never met a woman I was attracted to who was a SSLUUF. Perhaps the modern woman considers the SSLUUF archetype as anachronistic or even demeaning. I dont know. I know what I want though, and inability to attain it is no deterrent when the pursuit is discretionary in the first place....to each their own and all that jazz.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:21 PM

479 posts, read 834,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Well, you'd better forget it, because no woman like that is going to put up with you, judging by the posts you write here disparaging the entire gender.
I see you're still busy disparaging the entire gender. How about sticking to the topic. What type of wife would suit you best?

Old 11-23-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Why are you taking quizzes about your ideal wife when you don't like women and think they are all liars and cheats? For someone who talks about being so happy alone and not ever wanting to be in a relationship - you certainly seem to spend a lot of time and energy thinking and talking about them.
I see you're still buy projecting. How about sticking to the topic?

What type of wife would suit you best?

Old 11-23-2011, 02:41 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,666,113 times
Oh god Question 9 was horrible. Awful options. No option like "Parks and Rec" or "24"?

Got the 'Partner Wife' which sounds about right.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:46 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,149,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tegota View Post
No

Quote:
Hmm, the type of wife that would suit me would be a super hero of sorts. She would, via a mere thought, bestow wet sock slaps to little twits who incessantly bemoan about American women on the net. I don't suspect I'll ever meet her, so here's a virtual sentiment instead. eta: oops, almost forgot....

Eric gets wet sock-slapped. - YouTube

Old 11-23-2011, 03:14 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,112,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tegota View Post

What is buy projecting?

I am a wife. And I guess I'm the type of wife my husband wanted - since he married with me and he's happy!

Old 11-23-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
No

Hmm, the type of wife that would suit me would be a super hero of sorts. She would, via a mere thought, bestow wet sock slaps to little twits who incessantly bemoan about American women on the net. I don't suspect I'll ever meet her, so here's a virtual sentiment instead. eta: oops, almost forgot....

Eric gets wet sock-slapped. - YouTube

It's nice to see you've gotten in touch with your masculinity.

Old 11-23-2011, 03:17 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,870,851 times
Let's not forget men want to be treated equally and fairly, too.

Old 11-23-2011, 03:23 PM

26,689 posts, read 41,621,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
What is buy projecting?

I am a wife. And I guess I'm the type of wife my husband wanted - since he married with me and he's happy!
I'm glad he is happy. However I would not want a wife who cut men down like some in this forum like to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships