Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 07:09 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,042,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
There's only clips there. No shows. Anything on something like hulu or crackle?
Go snuggle with Artsy and watch all the docs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 07:12 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,766,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
There's only clips there. No shows. Anything on something like hulu or crackle?
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...WHkb9w&cad=rja

Old 11-23-2011, 07:22 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,151,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Go snuggle with Artsy and watch all the docs!
I'll pass. I have my min pin snuggled up to me now. That's plenty good enough.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:33 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,383,991 times
Yes. I wanted a doctor, phd or lawyer- bare minimum.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:35 PM

17,158 posts, read 56,898,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Here's what I mean,

FOR EXAMPLE: "I love business and entrepreneurship, investing and anything related to business. I read business blogs, books and watch business programming on TV therefore the person I meet should have a interest too"

FOR EXAMPLE: I have a degree so they should too"

I am asking because I see a lot of that on dating websites and I hear a lot of folks in person say things like that.

It seems many of you are looking for another version of yourselves, all in the name of your "standards" and "not settling".

Some of you will not admit it but you're just too picky and difficult to please and that's the reason why you're not involved or even dating.

Chime in..........
Well, there are some things like intellectual level, and carachter, writ large, that people either have or don't, and usually these traits don't change much over time, even if one makes an honest effort to change them. What I am trying to say is that ignorance is generally curable, but stupidity is always terminal. Likewise people who have frequent run-ins with the law are mostly people with poor impulse control, and that's not very malleable either, sadly.

It's better to be alone than to be with a partner that does not "fit". IMHO anyway.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:00 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,383,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Well, there are some things like intellectual level, and carachter, writ large, that people either have or don't, and usually these traits don't change much over time, even if one makes an honest effort to change them. What I am trying to say is that ignorance is generally curable, but stupidity is always terminal. Likewise people who have frequent run-ins with the law are mostly people with poor impulse control, and that's not very malleable either, sadly.

It's better to be alone than to be with a partner that does not "fit". IMHO anyway.
Veering dangerously close to the John Hughes film, "Some Kind of Wonderful" - 'I'd rather be alone for the right reasons, than be with someone for the wrong one.'

M3 E46>>>>E90/92
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships