U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 11-30-2011, 09:09 AM

2,114 posts, read 1,040,009 times
Everyone's life experiences here can be extremely helpful.

I'm not professionally certified but I can offer a different perspective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 11-30-2011, 09:10 AM

8,517 posts, read 5,316,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
I'm so adjective I verb nouns. That's why.
I concur.

Unread 11-30-2011, 09:11 AM

450 posts, read 401,168 times
When it comes to the subject of Relationships, we tend to get soooooo emotionally wrapped up in the problem, that the most obvious, logical, common sense solution isn't even near our radar.

Seeking advice from total strangers, that have zero stakes in the situation, aren't emotionally involved with said parties, can "see" the situation with clarity.

That's why I think relationship forums can be helpful to those that truly want help.

Unread 11-30-2011, 09:12 AM

3,869 posts, read 1,603,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
You still haven't shared with us what your idea of qualified means. Does one have to be a clinical psychologist, psychiatrist, social worker, priest, rabbi, or Dalai Lama in order to give advice?

I think good hard life experience and common sense trumps most forms of "advice", regardless of education or profession. Unless someone has a serious mental disorder or they are suffering from depression or some type of phobia, a sit-down with a professional counselor probably isn't necessary.
I agree. But then there are those who should seek professional help but can't be bothered to make the effort for themselves, and go looking for help on messageboard forums instead...

Last edited by Liberty2011; 11-30-2011 at 09:25 AM..

Unread 11-30-2011, 09:18 AM

993 posts, read 729,291 times
Qualifications? A pulse and a brain seem to be enough right?

Unread 11-30-2011, 09:26 AM

42,853 posts, read 49,226,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin_kernel View Post
Qualifications? A pulse and a brain seem to be enough right?
A pulse alone appears to be sufficient.

Unread 11-30-2011, 09:26 AM

19,207 posts, read 20,180,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
You still haven't shared with us what your idea of qualified means. Does one have to be a clinical psychologist, psychiatrist, social worker, priest, rabbi, or Dalai Lama in order to give advice?

I think good hard life experience and common sense trumps most forms of "advice", regardless of education or profession. Unless someone has a serious mental disorder or they are suffering from depression or some type of phobia, a sit-down with a professional counselor probably isn't necessary.
What does it really matter what his definition of "qualified" means? If you take the time to read both the question and the responses it's obvious that the OP's definition of "qualified" is self explanatory and the respondents thus far have had no problem either understanding the question or answering it.

Unread 11-30-2011, 09:31 AM

12,003 posts, read 10,658,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
What does it really matter what his definition of "qualified" means? If you take the time to read both the question and the responses it's obvious that the OP's definition of "qualified" is self explanatory and the respondents thus far have had no problem either understanding the question or answering it.
I'm not so certain and why I responded as I did. I'll leave it at that.

Unread 11-30-2011, 09:33 AM

8,683 posts, read 9,743,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
I did read the responses and I didn't see anything obvious in her posts about what she considers "qualified", hence my question. It's a straight forward and valid question, I'm just curious what her definition or meaning of qualified is, why do you care if I ask?

Unread 11-30-2011, 09:51 AM

993 posts, read 729,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
A pulse alone appears to be sufficient.
True, sometimes it seems the brain was left at the door
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships