U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-05-2011, 02:32 AM

2,306 posts, read 4,762,476 times

Advertisements

You're being self-defeatist. I'm 32, and for the longest, I also couldn't get repeat dates. It's just how the cards fell. Fortunately, I met my current BF 6 months ago, and it's been wonderful. But I can see some marked differences between myself and you (potentially). Think about the following:

1. Know what you are looking for. At age 37, my guess is that you want to find a long term relationship...a spouse even. Are you dating women who are similar-minded in this regard?
2. Look at each date as a new opportunity. A new date is approaching you with a clean slate. No need to drag bad feelings of previous failed relationships (or attempts at relationships) along with you.
3. Focus on your strengths, not your weakness. What do you like about yourself; what have others (especially women) complimented you on? Are you kind? Are you athletic? Etc.
4. Look in a variety of places; you never know. I found my BF online via Craigslist. But I was also going to singles events, had memberships to paid dating sites...all of that. You have to open up as many channels as possible to meet people.
5. Get over your fears of rejection and take your mind off potential "problems". It just gets in the way of you getting dates. My Grandfather always told me that when it comes to dating, the best thing that someone can tell you is "goodbye"; meaning that if someone is not feeling you, then it's their loss, and the sooner you move on, the better.

Also "being ugly" should not be a problem. I've dated drop-dead gorgeous, GQ model-looking men; but my BF is not a handsome man. In fact, he sort of reminds me of Icabod Crane from Disney's cartoon, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. But he was a popular guy in school, and has never had an issue with getting girls. Why? Well #1 he has "swagger"; he's confident, he's a good person, he stands up for what he believes in. #2, he knows how to dress. His good taste in clothes helps detract from the fact that he doesn't have the most beautiful face in the world.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 02:09 PM

499 posts, read 443,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Hi I am 37 year old guy and always single. I have always wanted to have an relationship but I realise I cant have one. I realise I am average looking. I am quite well educated but no good job. Nearly all the time if I go on an date with someone they loose interest as they want someone better. I guess its got to do with looks alot as I not really good looking at all. If people say looks dont count when looking for someone they are lying. The longest I have dated someone was an few weeks. As I get older now I am loosing interest in dating anyone as I always suffer the same experiences with dating. I am not fat and I dont smoke or drink much. I have an good personality but anyway even so I believe so many people out there are shadow as looks more count than anything else when looking for an partner.
if this was because of your look, they would not go on date with you. they loose interest AFTER you go on date. maybe you're boring or you don't have self confidence, i don't know. but these are the most important things. a woman can fall in love in a self confident and funny man even if he's ugly =)

Old 12-06-2011, 01:01 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,166,525 times
and I hate how taking charge, taking control of your life is a "Masculine" thing

Old 12-06-2011, 01:06 AM

7 posts, read 1,058 times
i got some suggetion from here. thanks to all.

Old 12-07-2011, 06:34 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,166,525 times
i hate being a man, and i remember one person said to me "don't worry, you aren't one" well good, because **** masculinity

Old 12-08-2011, 11:20 AM

188 posts, read 131,493 times
I never had a girlfriend and never had sex with a woman either and today I'm already 25.

I know men who get to have sex with supermodels about 2 times a day and I feel extremely jealous of these men because I can't do what they do.

Old 12-08-2011, 05:39 PM

8,848 posts, read 5,066,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Freak View Post
I never had a girlfriend and never had sex with a woman either and today I'm already 25.

I know men who get to have sex with supermodels about 2 times a day and I feel extremely jealous of these men because I can't do what they do.
Who are these men?

Old 12-08-2011, 06:40 PM

355 posts, read 298,622 times
Quote:

Ahhh Yes! Those were the days. One supermodel in the morning and another supermodel in the evening.

I just figured that it was normal but apparently not.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:03 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,458,307 times
Quote:

read between the line folks. Mr Freak no likey purnani..

Old 12-08-2011, 07:07 PM

4,460 posts, read 2,286,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
read between the line folks. Mr Freak no likey purnani..
Good job kicking them when there down. Attaboy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships