U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you make your bed?
Yes! Always 28 62.22%
No. Why bother? 7 15.56%
Sometimes, for good reasons 6 13.33%
Only when we change the sheets. 4 8.89%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 11:32 AM

6,076 posts, read 5,760,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
People who don't make their beds (especially those living with partners) are just simply lazy or don't care much about cleanliness, period. There's nothing ridiculous about this statement. You are who you are. Just accept that and move on.
It's fun to make blanket statements, isn't it?

A made bed doesn't suddenly make a room CLEANER. Your dirty sheets just look neater on the bed. Congrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2011, 11:43 AM

18,435 posts, read 26,893,504 times
I make mine every day, and when he is here he usually offers to help. He doesn't make his but when I am there I make it when I get up and he's gone to work. When I leave and come back a few days later, my side is still made and his is not, lol.

Old 12-03-2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I make mine every day, and when he is here he usually offers to help. He doesn't make his but when I am there I make it when I get up and he's gone to work. When I leave and come back a few days later, my side is still made and his is not, lol.
LOL

We have opposite schedules. I doubt he'd appreciate me making the bed when I get up in the morning and he's still in it.

Old 12-03-2011, 12:52 PM

3,735 posts, read 3,614,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I read a report several months ago that said it was BETTER to NOT make up your bed immediately upon getting up - better to throw back the covers and let it air out for a while, b/c the heat and moisture that is left in the bed makes a perfect breeding ground for dust mites! OMG!
I'd heard about that too, so when I get up, I throw the covers back to air out the bed, then head to the bathroom for brushing and showering. Since it only takes a few minutes for the moisture from your body to evaporate from the bed, by the time I'm out of the bathroom, the bed is ready to be made.

Old 12-03-2011, 12:58 PM

45,264 posts, read 81,715,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
It's fun to make blanket statements, isn't it?

A made bed doesn't suddenly make a room CLEANER. Your dirty sheets just look neater on the bed. Congrats.
*snicker - "blanket statements" - on a bed making thread

Old 12-03-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
*snicker - "blanket statements" - on a bed making thread
LOL

Glad someone caught that.

Old 12-03-2011, 02:30 PM

3,043 posts, read 2,946,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
I admit it. I havent made my bed in *years*....He doesnt make it either. There's no comforter, no large amount of pillows, just one for each of us, a fitted sheet and a big fuzzy blanket.

I was talking with some coworkers about bedding (Work in a department store) and the topic came up. All of them were shocked when I mentioned there was no bed-making in the house.

I just dont see the point when you're just going to get RIGHT back in it 12 hours later, and neither does he.

Is this common?
I am the bed maker in our home. I am also the ironer. We share the cooking and she decorates and takes care of the inside, while I take care of the outside. For me, it's my military background that comes out when making the bed.

Old 12-03-2011, 02:33 PM

9,731 posts, read 11,172,086 times
Default I make it every morning.

It prevents me from getting back in it, And that the day has started, Especially when i am off from work. I do not have an SO, Unfortunately.

Old 12-03-2011, 03:39 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,853,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
I rarely ever make the bed. Maybe like once or twice a month, but to be honest, unless it is exceedingly cold or hot and I mess it all up, it doesn't matter much. I don't use sheets usually, since they don't do much for me the other 9 months of the year that aren't summer, and it's pretty easy to straighten up.
I hope you mean just not a top sheet! I did once see a room, thought, where the matress was on the floor and there was no fitted sheet, just a messy blanket on it. And this was while shopping for a home, so they knew people would be walking through. I walked right out, didn't need to see the rest of the house, I was so disgusted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Top sheets get tangled, are silly because they arent thick enough, and feel *Awful*.
Pillows have pillowcases. Thats what the pillowcase is for. And if you're going to all that trouble to protect the top blanket, whats the point of having that top blanket?

Too many damn covers.

Neither of us use them when traveling either. They get kicked off and shoved down to the end of the bed.

Dont get me started on underwear.
You need to get yourself better sheets. And about traveling.... GROSS. Hotels don't wash the bedspreads and blankets between guests. I wouldn't touch anything BUT the sheets.

Old 12-03-2011, 03:41 PM

15,732 posts, read 15,921,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
It prevents me from getting back in it, And that the day has started, Especially when i am off from work. I do not have an SO, Unfortunately.
I wish I could say the same, but sometimes the bed is calling and I can't refuse!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships