U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you make your bed?
Yes! Always 28 62.22%
No. Why bother? 7 15.56%
Sometimes, for good reasons 6 13.33%
Only when we change the sheets. 4 8.89%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2011, 10:30 AM

41,057 posts, read 45,373,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
It's fun to make blanket statements, isn't it?

A made bed doesn't suddenly make a room CLEANER. Your dirty sheets just look neater on the bed. Congrats.
Ha ha ha! No pun intended, right?

+1

We rarely make our beds except as outlined above, and we are the people who other people always accuse of being neatniks and who always receive compliments on how our house is always clean. Bed making...to each their own. Meanwhile, you could eat off our floors. If you wear shoes in your house, I don't want to hear about how you think people who don't make their beds are dirty.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2011, 10:31 AM

16,135 posts, read 11,727,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
I haven't made a bed since I lived at home with my parents.
Efff that!
{dats what the wife is for}
If there was a big smiley face in your post it could be taken as mildy funny, but there's not.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:54 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,737,951 times
My wife travels for work during the week, every week. When she is coming home on Thursday or Friday, I make the bed. The other days, it stays unmade. On the weekends, we make the bed.

When I lived by myself, I pretty much only made my bed when I knew I would have company. Of course, in those days the kinds of girls I was bringing home didn't care about made beds.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:48 AM

7,974 posts, read 13,167,066 times
I like the bed to be made. It doesn't have to be super neat, just have the sheets and blankets pulled up, neatened. I think the bed is warmer in winter and cooler in the summer when it's been made all day. Plus, the kitties get to sleep on their little blanket that I keep on the bed rather than on bedding I'm going to pull around my face.

As for fussy nonsense - no thanks. Keep all those fancy pillows somewhere else. I don't want them under my head and then they need a place to stay overnight - so they wind up in the way. I have more fun things to do than worry about fancy pillows twice a day.

Old 12-04-2011, 12:12 PM

37,447 posts, read 34,661,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
I like the bed to be made. It doesn't have to be super neat, just have the sheets and blankets pulled up, neatened. I think the bed is warmer in winter and cooler in the summer when it's been made all day. Plus, the kitties get to sleep on their little blanket that I keep on the bed rather than on bedding I'm going to pull around my face.

As for fussy nonsense - no thanks. Keep all those fancy pillows somewhere else. I don't want them under my head and then they need a place to stay overnight - so they wind up in the way. I have more fun things to do than worry about fancy pillows twice a day.
Good post.

We keep the bed made cause our kitty likes to lay on the bed. We also lay a towel out and he always lays on the towel... He's kind of weird that way, any time we lay a towel down, he thinks it's his bed.

Old 12-04-2011, 12:46 PM

458 posts, read 637,702 times
we only make ours when we are having guests over. my wife leaves each morning about the time i get up, so the responsibility would fall to me, and i AIN'T gonna do it. i have nothing against it, but no desire to do it either.

EDIT: speaking of pets, that is another reason not to make ours. our black lab and our american bulldog both will just pull the comforter back and pile it up to sleep on. so by leaving it unmade they simply get on the foot of the bed to sleep while we are gone. but if we make it up, the basically dig at the bed to get the covers comfortable. and yeah i know, we could put them outside or shut our door, but we don't. the fence is not finished yet, and once it is then they will be put out more on nice days. but for now they are house dogs.

Old 12-04-2011, 01:00 PM

41,057 posts, read 45,373,434 times
Simple solution we use, gville, is to close the door to our bedroom. Dogs can't get on the bed that way. They have other dog beds around the house.

Old 12-04-2011, 01:14 PM

912 posts, read 1,517,021 times
Beds made every day. Last one out of bed has to make it.

Old 12-04-2011, 01:15 PM

17,869 posts, read 15,904,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc0789 View Post
With more reason to be considerate of family and friends. Do you let them know that they now have to wash all their blankets/comforters?

You are obviously young, male, and not in a relationship, so I will give you a pass. Stop at target, and get yourself a $10 fitted sheet. Wash this weekly. If you sleep on a bare matress, you will have all sort of bed mites and bugs living on that thing and feeding off your skin cells. You will dirty the mattress as well, and ruin a good investment, as well as scare off any females that you might bring into your home. You can buy a metal bed frame for cheap, get that bed off the floor. Don't make your bed, I don't care.... but please get a fitted sheet on that mattress, and let me know when you do, so I can start sleeping at night.
Wouldn't worry about it. I just bought a new bed yesterday.

Old 12-04-2011, 02:27 PM

1,404 posts, read 2,509,739 times
Maybe someone needs to start a new thread: Do you consider it dirty to sleep with your pets?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships