Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you make your bed?
Yes! Always 28 62.22%
No. Why bother? 7 15.56%
Sometimes, for good reasons 6 13.33%
Only when we change the sheets. 4 8.89%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 09:44 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times

Advertisements

I don't make my bed either.

[if people see that I didn't make the bed I tell them this isn't Good Housekeeping magazine]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2011, 09:47 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,577,788 times
I grew up in a home where every bed in the house was made before 7am. I can't stand to have unmade beds in my house and if there are any unmade in the house I'll make them for sure some time during the day. It will peve me so I'll probably put something hard and uncomfortable in there somewhere.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:50 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,740,612 times
I don't have an SO, but I make my bed every day. However, I have one sheet, a quilt, and a couple of pillows, so making it look nice literally takes just a few seconds.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:52 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,784,755 times
Yes I make it everyday with a few exceptions. I have 11 pillows on my bed, so if it doesn't get made then I have pillows scattered. I feel that all is well in the world when my bed is made. My room is my sanctuary so it's nice to have it "put together" the way I want it. I also iron my sheets every time I switch them out. (usually once a week, give or two a few days).

I use to be much more sloppy about making my bed. I would hardly call myself a neat freak, but I do like things orderly and to look visually appealing. I was a visual manager for many years so I like my home to look beautiful and inviting.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:55 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,399,244 times
I make it every morning...and I do hospital corners.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:10 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Make it every day...it's a quick, easy thing to do to help make things look neat.

Old 12-02-2011, 11:56 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,030,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
If I were a guest and I were to use the bathroom, for instance, and seen (all) bedroom door(s) shut I'm thinking closet slobs.
-Shrug-

And Im thinking its my room, my house, and I dont feel its any of guests business to look inside where I dont give permission..
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
That's interesting, you don't think it's just because they want their bedrooms to remain private while there are guests?

I mostly shut my door when guests are over for that reason, and that I don't want people commenting on where I leave my guns and ammunition.
Exactly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
So I have a question...

since you don't use a top sheet, doesn't it get old having to wash you blanket so often? (Guessing you have to wash it at least once a week).
No. Just toss it in....its a thick blanket, about the thickness of a small comforter, so no, it isnt washed once a week, more like week and a half or so. Not that urgent. Fitted sheet is changed every week though.

Old 12-02-2011, 11:59 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,196,333 times
I have a question. A serious one.

People actually have decorative pillows on their own beds? I thought those were just what you left on guest beds...

damned throw pillows, I hate them. they take up valuable space that real pillows could occupy.

Old 12-03-2011, 12:01 AM

3,400 posts, read 8,030,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
Yes I make it everyday with a few exceptions. I have 11 pillows on my bed, so if it doesn't get made then I have pillows scattered. I feel that all is well in the world when my bed is made. My room is my sanctuary so it's nice to have it "put together" the way I want it. I also iron my sheets every time I switch them out. (usually once a week, give or two a few days).

I use to be much more sloppy about making my bed. I would hardly call myself a neat freak, but I do like things orderly and to look visually appealing. I was a visual manager for many years so I like my home to look beautiful and inviting.
Egad!! Id BURN those things! Gah I hate unecessary pillows. Ive often wondered who decided it was a good thing to put a bunch on the bed that never get used?

And...forgive me...but whats the point of ironing sheets?

Old 12-03-2011, 12:02 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,232,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
LMAO
Now why would you make it 5 minutes before you get in it?! LOL Its funny how some things drive others batty. lol

There's only one cover.Its just one big heavy blanket. We dont use a top sheet (Hate those too).
Sheets are used to keep the blankets clean. Just like pillow cases. You can wash and or replace the linens easier than washing/replacing blankets & pillows. Think of them as underwear for your bed. So, YUCK on not using a top sheet!

We both make the bed every day, depending on whose the last one out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships