Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 04:31 PM

6,459 posts, read 11,981,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwy View Post
My friend what is your problem? If you don't like this thread, just leave, stop coming back. First you attack me because I said I think I'm handsome, then you compare me to that other guy who was obvisouly angry and yes he said he was good looking, but his tone and mine were completely different. Then you start talking about me only wanting women of a certain race. And then you start attacking me because I like attractive women, what's wrong with liking attractive women? What's wrong with not thinking one's self is ugly...

I'm trying to be civil with you, there are so many threads on city data, you don't have to comeback to this one. There is so much to do in the world that you don't have to spend your time coming back to this thread repeatly.

My hands are held up, palms out, let's end this! And let this thread get back to the subject. I never once mentioned that I had trouble finding a woman or a girlfriend, the question was how is the mindset of women in a certain age group toward long-term relationships.
Ha! Ha! Don't cry. Must be that midwestern sensitivity thing. I get it.

I see you avoided all of my previous questions, but that's okay.

Bottomline, regardless of your social, educational or looks status, if you can't lay it down in the bedroom you will stay in the friends with benefits or one night stand zone, but of course those women won't tell you that's their real reason.

And yes, your original post sounded just as angry as the previous poster. You even put an angry red face to start off your post. So what am I and others to take from that?

Old 12-03-2011, 05:53 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,926,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
I am going to speak from a Hispanic/African American/Black male's point of view.
I don't know how white women work, but it's probably more of the same.

The problem with women in NYC is the fellas. I am a very attractive guy, no lie. Yet, I haven't been in a relationship in 2 years. The problem? Competition. Thirsty guys gas a females head so much, that she believes she is untouchable, and that she is the most amazing thing on this planet. A female walks around and probably gets hundreds of compliments/cat calls a day. Anything from "God bless you" to "Wow you're an angel" to "Let me tap that butt". This inflates their ego. I remember how those compliments used to make me feel when I used to get them. I would smile from ear to ear, and my self esteem would go through the roof. Females need this adoration daily in order to survive. Females in nature are very insecure, weak, and inferior beings. So with all this attention (which they think is sincere, when in actuality the guy just wants to beat) they think as themselves as other worldly, which in turn means that guys are going to rejected every single time.

If all guys would stop gassing girls up, they will come back down to earth. They're going to start hollering at us males, and they will NOT play hard to get. Their self esteems would be through the floor, and many females would be on suicide watch. The lack of compliments, to them, would mean that they're no longer attractive. Look at some of the threads here, on NYC cat calls. There are some females here who complain about it, mostly because the guys doing it are "short village people" and not their Brad Pitt. It is ironic, because if we guys stop cat calling females, they would get on here, with their little bitty sob story of how they feel unloved and neglected. They would LONG for the days of the short village people. How would you guys feel if you'd receive tons of compliments daily? I know I would be on the moon.

So I, as an attractive male, REFUSE, to compliment females. They do not deserve it. For what? for what's between their legs? So what! That doesn't make them any better than me. I am superior to them, as I don't feel lonely, am not needy, don't long for cuddling, or relationships, or love. I am independent, as most guys in nature are, and can survive alone. Why don't they compliment me? Why should I lower myself to their level? I am not going to humble myself. If guys would start practicing this, they would see the difference. But to many stupid, thirsty guys, who kill it for the rest of us.

Sorry chicks, ya aint all that.

Rant is officially over./
Agreed man. There is no point to cat call these women in NYC, its really a waste of my time and also thiers. I retired from cat calling women or any sort of complement such as take it easy out there or have a nice day to even bless you more than half a decade ago. It felt lame too even too cheesy. But its not me Im not that type of guy to call out to a girl. But its true some guys around here are so thirsty for women they ruin it for other potential guys looking for a relationship with a woman. Quite frankly many women in NYC think they are to good for thier own kind. One of the real reason I wanna leave NYC is for dating and relationship. ONe chick told me If I was to go to Tennesse I probably wont come back to NYC because of the women.

Last men in NYC who are currently in a relationship with a woman and have other things involved like children or marriage or even owning property should be prepared for when the woman is ready to leave you for something better, which is very common in NYC especially in hood areas, better is a subjective word it could for be for financial reasons or emotional or even sexual reasons. It could be a finincial mess with these chicks here. I cant forget when I was going to a Yankee game and some Italian guy who looked like the Situation came out of family court all dressed up crying mad as hell and babling about paying child support to his ex. Im like better you then me.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 12-03-2011 at 06:16 PM..

Old 12-03-2011, 07:32 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,374,792 times
LOL , this thread is great. I think QWY needs to just go for it. Meaning ask Marilyn220 for her number already. Obviously you two have alot to discuss, maybe over dinner, do some dancing to work out your differences? Swing 46 is a fun place to dance i hear. Anyway, I can't hold QWY's hand. He has to make the first step. Maybe that is his problem after all, not being able to make that first slightly awkward step?

Old 12-03-2011, 09:58 PM

5,720 posts, read 19,980,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
And this is why you haven't been in a relationship in two years. Your so-called "village people" men know how to play the game. Those guys could be lying, but you know what? They know it will get them some sex and extras in the future for "acting" (if they are acting) like they give a damn.
Sorry for trying to be an honest person. We should all take your advice and be dishonest. What kind of virtues do you have? You would steal from a blind person if you had the chance.

It also sounds like it's pretty easy to "get to you."

Quote:
Also, attractive is very subjective. Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder. Like with the OP and his supposed attractiveness, if you're as good looking as YOU say you are, then women should be giving hints all the time that they're interested. You shouldn't be lacking for female companionship, unless like the OP you only want PRETTY women talking to you.

If that's the case, then you're no different than the women you bash for not wanting to be spoken to by dweebs. Hypocrite.
Yes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You have a point. So I will retract and correct my statement. I am not unattractive. How do I know? Well, I've had plenty of females tell me such, in ways of photo comments and in reality. But seems like your missing the point. Females don't give me hints, they don't give any guy hints because they are too damn proud. I've asked plenty of guys, and the ones who "get it in" the most are the ones who BS and gas females up. Even guys who are not attractive (no homo). So it becomes a contest. I gas a girl up, she goes talk to the other, he compliments her, comes back to me, I say something nice, she goes to the other and so on and so forth...in essence, she is toying with us guys. We are nothing but pawns and while she is getting bigged up, we are humbling ourselves as if we're not worthy, when in fact females are the inferior ones, them and their weak ass state of mind.

Quote:
Good. Cause this will be your fate, unless you get a mail order bride from some desperate country.

Maybe cause you're not as attractive as YOU think you are and your game is whack. Just a guess.
Then so be it. I am not going to lower myself to your level female. Unfortunately for you, you sound easy to get. You probably have been around the block a few times.

Old 12-03-2011, 10:00 PM

5,720 posts, read 19,980,616 times
And qwy, grow some balls. She is ridiculing you and all you can say is stop it please.

Old 12-03-2011, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario;21970487[B
]And qwy, grow some balls. She is ridiculing you and all you can say is stop it please.[/b]
LMFAO!!!!!!!!

Thanks for giving me a belly laugh. Seriously!

And for the record, YES, "I've been around the block a few times" and make no apologies for it.

If you think you're insulting me - You're NOT. Only men who aren't good lovers and are intimidated by women who ARE will say what you just said. It means NOTHING to me. This is why you're alone and probably getting whack sex. You're too busy passing judgment on women who can please you and putting them in a box.

OR you get a woman, can't please her, she tries to tell you how without bringing the "freak" out and you either have some "barriers" of what you will and won't do or you have no clue at all.

You're probably one of those "quiet" men who don't moan, talk dirty and a girl has to drag an answer out of you to see if you're enjoying it or not.

I'd rather have gone "around the block a few times" than be YOU.

Old 12-03-2011, 10:26 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,204,128 times
Females don't give me "hints" either, but I very often notice that they are looking at me and when I look back they quickley look away, the pretty ones that is.

If females gives me hints at the club I'm usually too drunk to notice anything.

Old 12-03-2011, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
Females don't give me "hints" either, but I very often notice that they are looking at me and when I look back they quickley look away, the pretty ones that is.

If females gives me hints at a club I'm usually too drunk to notice anything.
Trust me, they like you. The only way you'll know is if YOU approach or say hello. Don't be a punk. Rejection is a part of life for both men and women.

If she wasn't attracted to you, then she wouldn't have been looking at you.

Women are raised with that stupid "good girl" mentality and that men should be the "pursuers" crap. There are ways to approach men that you're interested in without looking desperate.

A simple hello and a smile usually works for me. If he's interested, then he'll respond back accordingly.

Old 12-03-2011, 10:46 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,926,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwy View Post
I've read all the post on city data about dating in New York. I've read all the magazine as well as city data articles and books about how easy it is for men and hard it is for women to date in New York. How there are suppose to be so many women that most men do want to just be with one woman -though these articles never say if most of these surplus of women are attractive or not-.

But my question is for the women of New York regarding women in the 25-32 age range. Are women in that age group interested in long-term relationships? I'm from the midwest and the whole hookup, one night stand, and casual dating/friends with benefits isn't something I'm interested in. I'm about to graduate college and I'm looking to attend medical school in New York. While researching New York dating, I ran across this article Dear Single Women of NYC: It's Not Them, It's You. - Page 1 - News - New York - Village Voice

It's long so you don't have to read it. It's basically a woman giving another side to the reason a lot of women in New York are single. She is saying that because of all the options women have, they tend to not stay in relationships long, because they are always looking for someone better. I myself I'm handsome -at least I consider myself handsome, I do have a picture of myself on my city data profile-, I eat healthy, I workout, I'm funny, kind, sincere, and even though I'm not 6 feet tall, I'm still about average height 5'9.

But from reading this article I get the feeling that all this doesn't matter when compared to model handsome, playboy rich, 6 feet plus tall New York guys who are literally just around the corner.

I'm talking about attractive women not plain or average looking, over weight woman, straw stick too thin women.
Since your a transplant, like many transplants and other yuppies they will date each other amd avoid natives like many nyc women with baggage and men with run ins with the law etc etc and aswell as media stereotypes about new yorkers. So op dont worry try to get an apt in a yuppie or gentrifying areas of nyc. Theres even alot of succesful educated black women in nyc who are looking for a good black man so dont worry. From a perspective of a local new yorker like myself one of my options is to pack up move out and try to settle down somewhere else in this country. The only advice I can give you is goodluck with your dating and sexual endeavors in nyc.

Old 12-03-2011, 11:55 PM
qwy qwy started this thread

296 posts, read 518,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
And qwy, grow some balls. She is ridiculing you and all you can say is stop it please.

The thread isn't about me and that person it's about responding to the article. Don't let yourself get distracted, from that, why get upset with a person who doesn't know who you really are.

No personal attacks "Become the change you want to see in others" by Gandhi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships