Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 08:43 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealtite View Post
Just wondering if there are any guys on here who may have shared a similar experience with me. A few years ago, I ended a brief relationship with a woman I'd been dating for about 8 months. She was a classical "borderline", and wouldn't stop harassing me afterward, calling me literally hundreds of times a day, stalking me, and making up stories to male friends in an attempt to incite them to "come after" me. Through all of this, I completely ignored her. This went on for a little over a month, and the communication was completely one-sided. I never answered the phone, spoke to her, etc.

I'd returned from a trip out of state one afternoon, and a few hours later the police were knocking on my door. She'd concocted a convoluted story with a couple of her friends about a verbal and physical encounter that never happened....as I wasn't even in the state when it allegedly occurred. Nevertheless, a PFA had been filed and the police confiscated my handgun. I had to get an attorney and go to court if I wanted to fight it, which I did. At our court date, she had several people whom I'd never seen in my life testifying about this alleged encounter. I on the other hand had paper proof (turnpike & hotel invoices, gas receipts, etc) of my whereabouts on the date and time in question. It didn't matter. The judge granted to PFA for one year, "airing on the side of caution because I carried a handgun for personal protection". My attorney (whom I payed over $1,000 for his services) told me that the judge was a "people pleaser" and was up for re-election. Over the course of the next year, my life became a living hell. She followed me, called me almost daily, and tried (unsuccessfully thank God) to sue me in civil court for "pain and suffering". She'd drive past my home on an almost daily basis, immediately calling the police any time she caught a glimpse of me. After a while, they (the police) finally "caught on" to what she was doing, and basically started ignoring her. The damage was already done with my reputation in the community however, as for several months I could almost set my clock to the timing of the police ringing the doorbell.

Slowly, things started tapering off, however they never came to a complete end. I moved four times locally over the course of the next couple of years, in a cat-and-mouse attempt to avoid her. She'd always find where I was living, and the harassment would continue. The cops never took her harassment seriously, which was also very frustrating. I've since put over 2,000 miles between myself and that abominable monster of a human being, however I often wonder if she'll find me again, make another false allegation, etc. I do know that she's been poking around for info on me back there, as some of my friends have been contacted by her. I really, really hope it's over, however I've never let my guard down. The feeling of being persecuted like that for doing literally nothing is difficult to explain, and I think it fundamentally changed my outlook on women. This woman was able to concoct a completely impossible story, obtain free legal counsel, and have a "victim's advocate" accompany her to court. Witnesses whom I'd never met before in my life were allowed to testify against me. Their word was considered the truth, while my proof was completely scoffed at. Had I have actually been there in the first place, and done the things that she claimed I did (punched her), you'd think there would have been some actual evidence. To me, what she was doing was as insane as someone suing American Airlines for a refund on their flight on flight 11. It didn't make a damn bit of sense, yet I appeared to be the only sane person in the court room.

I seriously still have nightmares about this woman. Any men on here ever found yourself in a similar situation?

So you have a gun legally and a crazy woman threatening your peace and you didn't invite her in your home for some lead...huh..hmmm coffee? Hmm. ..?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 08:50 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,806,558 times
Quote:
You may be at the coffee shop explaining that it is over as she shoots question after question as to why you are ending it.
Questions don't hurt as far as Im concerned.....Ignorance does. Look not upholding stalkerish behavior in the least bit....but I am the youngest of 7 sisters....and trust me I've seen all scenarios of different kinds of breakups......Men need to take into account how/if they want to sever relationships with women...Yes..we've all experienced heartbreak...but again men just can't all of a sudden cease communication/interaction with females with no explanation offered....and the majority of time thats what they do...leaving the female wondering, analyzing, thinking,......IT'S JUST NOT RIGHT....

Last edited by westcoastbabe; 12-05-2011 at 09:00 AM..

Old 12-05-2011, 09:04 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
I've had my share of crazies. One in particular was similar to yours. She'd call me at home and work a hundred times a day. If she couldn't reach me at work she'd start questioning co-workers in my office about who I talk to or who I'm with. The more I ignored her the worse it got. She'd sometimes be outside my door or window at night just stalking, listening to hear if anyone else was there or if I was on the phone. She keyed my cars and harassed me to no end. Finally she went as far and filed a false accusation against me for assualt. Seeing how this happened shortly after the OJ Simpson fiasco, the police informed me that if a woman even says you hit her, they HAVE to arrest you, no two ways about it. So off I go for a night in the cooler. I gave my official statement and after making bail the next day I get a call from her on my voicemail apologizing and wanting to see me. I save the message and three weeks later when I appeared in court the DA had exonerated me and I was free to go and collect my bail.

As it turned out she had done something very similar to a guy she dated before me. Falsely accused him of rape and ruined his military career.

The best you can hope for is that some other poor bastard hooked up with her and she now has her hooks in him and has forgotten all about you. The scary thing is, it is so easy to track people down these days with all the sites on the internet that charge a small fee and in exchange you get that person's life history to include addresses, phone numbers, where you work, names of relatives etc.

Keep your numbers unlisted and if you use any social networking sites make yourself invisible on there so that no one can search for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships