Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 09:31 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
This might be an odd question, and I may regret asking, but why exactly would you need to talk to your wife about sex ?

New partner, yeah, I cn see that, or telling a kid about the birds and the bees, but sex isn't maybe an everyday conversational piece for a married couple.

Is there a specific area you are trying to discuss with her ?
Yeah, it'd be nice if the OP came back and clarified.

Myself, I'd rather do it than talk about it, and I find that too much detail about sex in the wrong situation is just tacky and crass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 09:32 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,724,506 times
You're welcome B. I got married (first of two) just before my 17th birthday. My mom took me shopping for some new clothes and **blush** a nightie for my wedding night. No conversation mind you, just, "Here, you need something for your wedding night." She blushed! I blushed! No conversation needed. She asked me later, if I had any questions. She blushed...I blushed and said, "No". End of conversation!

My mother did not discuss sex, ever! My dad was always groping her and making sexual remarks to her. He had no trouble voicing his opinions regarding sex. My mom?....nada...e-v-e-r. My hubby and I will subtly "tease" each other and occasionally get busted by our kids, giving a playful grope, but we both blush like crazy! LOL

Old 12-06-2011, 10:33 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,192,007 times
My family NEVER discussed sex with/in front of me. However, I talk about sex like the weather; no matter the sex of who's involved. It's just a basic part pf human make-up so why not? It doesn't have to be crude or perverted but why not have an open line of communication with your everyday people? Everyone can learn a lot and it might create more face to face dialog instead of having to hide on a discussion board.

People are more alike than you think, no matter the age. Most of us have been presented (or know someone) who has gone through whatever..............You can talk about your medical ailments (which most don't want to hear) so believe me, more people would like to help with a sexual matter. It's much more interesting.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:54 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,724,506 times
I think the biggest issue here is, to WHAT detail do you talk about sex. Talking about sex shouldn't be a huge issue for mature adults, it's all in the specific details for many.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:18 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,127,347 times
I think that if you talk about good food you would have more fun and accomplish more.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:22 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFOR View Post
Have you ever been with anyone who was uncomfortable talking about sex? My wife has always seemed to try to get off the subject and not talk about it. Not sure why, and I don't push her to talk. Maybe I should.

So, have you known someone who just couldn't talk about sex?
Okay, look, you know...if your own SO is uncomfortable talking about...you know, S-E-you-know, and she can't even describe to you what she'd like when you're..."knowing" one another carnally, then there's a problem. You need to be able to talk openly (blushing at the word "openly") about your...po-po and her um, virginia. And people who try to change the subject from sex are likely suffering from...Oh, did you hear there's a Bogo sale at Penney's?

Old 12-06-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Okay, look, you know...if your own SO is uncomfortable talking about...you know, S-E-you-know, and she can't even describe to you what she'd like when you're..."knowing" one another carnally, then there's a problem. You need to be able to talk openly (blushing at the word "openly") about your...po-po and her um, virginia. And people who try to change the subject from sex are likely suffering from...Oh, did you hear there's a Bogo sale at Penney's?
Yep! The "problem" being that one of them cannot be understanding that the other finds it uncomfortable talking flat out about intimate things like sex. There's the "problem".
Back off, be loving, less yap and more giving of one's self.

Last edited by rainroosty; 12-06-2011 at 12:01 PM..

Old 12-06-2011, 11:50 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Yep! The "problem" being that one of them cannot be understanding that the other finds it uncomfortable talking flat out about intimate things like sex. There's the "problem".
Back off, be loving, less yap and more giving of one's self.
Okay, here's a question for you. If a guy doesn't like to talk about sex at all, such as asking him how old he was when he first had sex, yet doesn't mind having sex on the first date with a stranger, what exactly is he uncomfortable about? This is a real question, btw.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:52 AM

159 posts, read 287,981 times
after all these yrs I would just like to have some sex let alone talk about it cause neither happens at my casa

Old 12-06-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Okay, here's a question for you. If a guy doesn't like to talk about sex at all, such as asking him how old he was when he first had sex, yet doesn't mind having sex on the first date with a stranger, what exactly is he uncomfortable about? This is a real question, btw.
Hi temptation!
He may not be uncomfortable about it - he might just feel that it's not something that should be talked about. Or, perhaps he is uncomfortable talking about sex and is comfortable doing it.
Maybe he's a doer and not a talker. I know I am. I have no problem talking about sex at all, but I don't. I'm like - what for?
Talk to me about food and let's both get to feeling good, lol!
Bring a bucket of KFC into the bedroom and go to town! Get jiggy!
"Pass the mashed potatoes, please!"...

Last edited by rainroosty; 12-06-2011 at 12:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships