Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 06:59 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,064,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
OH MY GOD - tasting when cooking and putting the spoon back in the food is SOOOOOO GROSS!

When I cook a big pot of something I must go through about 20 spoons.

I never reuse a spoon once it's been in my mouth.

I'm guessing people who do that (like your mom) are just ignorant to the facts. Glad you broke the bad habit
LOL...you and me both. And once I take a taste, I've got a gaggle of little birdies asking for a taste too.

A smart manufacturer would double the number of teaspoons in the package. Service for 8 should have 16 of them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 07:15 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
A smart manufacturer would double the number of teaspoons in the package. Service for 8 should have 16 of them!
Well, if they haven't, there must not be that many crazy users.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:30 AM

1,343 posts, read 3,912,884 times
Quote:
OH MY GOD - tasting when cooking and putting the spoon back in the food is SOOOOOO GROSS!

When I cook a big pot of something I must go through about 20 spoons.

I never reuse a spoon once it's been in my mouth.

I'm guessing people who do that (like your mom) are just ignorant to the facts. Glad you broke the bad habit

The boiling water is going to kill any germs once you stick the fork/spoon back in.

After reading this thread I have definitely learned I am no where near OCD as some of you up here lol. I honestly thought I was bad.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:30 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,424,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

I'm not as squeamish as most here. If I know and accept people, I can certainly share food/drinks with them. Oh, and I do lick my spoon while cooking, LM and all! Don't come to dinner here!
Sierra, I'm not squeamish either. Only thing I mind is the cake. As long as the person is clean, I'm not going to be worrying about germs flying off their utensils and coming to get me. I'll stop by your house for dinner.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:33 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,255,037 times
Quote:
With the holiday season upon us I've run into this situation twice already, though it can be an issue any time of year.

You're at a party or maybe out to dinner with friends and there will be that one person who just INSISTS you have to try a bite of their food or a sip of their drink.

More often than not this seems to happen with desserts. And I've noticed many people seem to have moved to the "group dessert" idea (one plate of whatever with four forks/spoons). Yikes.

While I am happy others are so enthralled with their food/dessert/drink, I find eating after one another to be not only unsanitary, but just kind of disgusting.

Problem is, I come off looking like the buzzkill when I don't want to share or participate in these group tastings.

Sunday at an event I had to be rude with a friend who put her wine glass in my face and insisted I had to taste her Rose'

I just really don't appreciate being put in the position to be rude with people when you are having an otherwise nice time together.

What do some of you guys, who feel as I do about this practice, say or do in situations like this? Any funny quips I could use?
Please don't worry about how you come off looking! It's Your LIFE, YOUR CHOICE

it amazes me how people can't hear anyone say "no" we were just talking about that at work this morning.

I said, I'm to old and to impatient with people who are unable to hear you say no. So, sometimes you gotta hit em with a 2 x 4 to get they're attention, but do so...b/c if they are your friends they will step back and realize they are treading on your personal space and culture.

Good luck
hugs

Old 12-08-2011, 10:34 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman6974 View Post
The boiling water is going to kill any germs once you stick the fork/spoon back in.

After reading this thread I have definitely learned I am no where near OCD as some of you up here lol. I honestly thought I was bad.
I'm not at all OCD, not even a little bit.

Having worked in the medical field I think I am just more aware than many of you of the importance of hygiene and sanitary conditions to stop the spread of disease.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:37 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Please don't worry about how you come off looking! It's Your LIFE, YOUR CHOICE

it amazes me how people can't hear anyone say "no" we were just talking about that at work this morning.

I said, I'm to old and to impatient with people who are unable to hear you say no. So, sometimes you gotta hit em with a 2 x 4 to get they're attention, but do so...b/c if they are your friends they will step back and realize they are treading on your personal space and culture.

Good luck
hugs
Thanks creme

If these were folks I didn't really care for it would be easy to give them the icy stare and let them know how I feel about their attempts to swap saliva.

But because it always happens with friends when we are laughing and having a great time I am reluctant to ruin the mood by going all serious on them, you know?

That's why I wanted to find a humorous way to reject their good intentions

I'm liking cpg's response - I don't eat after anyone I haven't just slept with

Old 12-08-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman6974 View Post

People think and feel differently about different things, and if you feel that way, fine.... however, I feel differently and don't want to swap spit with anyone...it's my culture, my mother was always very sick and immune deficient, so we were taught to do everything we could do, to avoid getting ill and bringing it home to her. So, what I'm saying is, while you might think we're weird, maybe we feel your weird? Just kidding, but think about it please before you pass judgment...

Old 12-08-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Thanks creme

If these were folks I didn't really care for it would be easy to give them the icy stare and let them know how I feel about their attempts to swap saliva.

But because it always happens with friends when we are laughing and having a great time I am reluctant to ruin the mood by going all serious on them, you know?

That's why I wanted to find a humorous way to reject their good intentions

I'm liking cpg's response - I don't eat after anyone I haven't just slept with
understand totally....and I like Cpg's response as well...

Old 12-08-2011, 10:54 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Sierra, I'm not squeamish either. Only thing I mind is the cake. As long as the person is clean, I'm not going to be worrying about germs flying off their utensils and coming to get me. I'll stop by your house for dinner.
Hey, the more perfections impersonated, the more goodies for us!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships