Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 12:55 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times

Advertisements

Just in case folks are not aware, here are a list of some diseases that can be spread in saliva.

Epstein Barr, Influenza, Viral Meningitis, Cytomegalovirus, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Polio, Molluscum Contagiosum, Strep Throat and of course, the common Cold, lol.

Now those are just some on the list . . . there are plenty more out there . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 12:55 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,698,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Well then, I hope your immune system always holds out and you never acquire any dreaded diseases
Thanks

Old 12-08-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman6974 View Post
Using 20 spoons on 1 pot? Come on. Seems like unnecessary cleaning afterwards.

But boiling water @ 212F killed the germs on the utensil once you put it back in so I don't see how it is a bad habit or unsanitary while testing your food.

Now once the food is done and out of the pot, hell no.
Yep, if it takes 20 spoons, so be it. What I actually do is, use the spoon, take it directly to the sink, spray it with Clorox Clean Up. Then, after I have accumulated several spoons, I wash them all in hot soapy water and dry them immediately, to re-use over (or I may stick part of them in the dishwasher, after spraying w/ Clorox Clean Up).

I also put my dishcloths through the dishwasher, along w/ any scrubbies. I don't use sponges as they harbor germs.

I clean up my kitchen as I cook, so I don't have anything left to wash by the time I am ready to serve my food. It is just easier for me to handle things this way - and the only clean up then is w/ the plates and utensils.

WHen I am using a wooden spoon to cook with, I only use metal spoons to dip and taste, lol. It is a real hassle to keep cleaning up the wooden spoon and keep it sanitary- and hard on the wood.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:03 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Yep, if it takes 20 spoons, so be it. What I actually do is, use the spoon, take it directly to the sink, spray it with Clorox Clean Up. Then, after I have accumulated several spoons, I wash them all in hot soapy water and dry them immediately, to re-use over (or I may stick part of them in the dishwasher, after spraying w/ Clorox Clean Up).

I also put my dishcloths through the dishwasher, along w/ any scrubbies. I don't use sponges as they harbor germs.

I clean up my kitchen as I cook, so I don't have anything left to wash by the time I am ready to serve my food. It is just easier for me to handle things this way - and the only clean up then is w/ the plates and utensils.

WHen I am using a wooden spoon to cook with, I only use metal spoons to dip and taste, lol. It is a real hassle to keep cleaning up the wooden spoon and keep it sanitary- and hard on the wood.

HA! You are my inspiration (in more ways than one )

Old 12-08-2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
HA! You are my inspiration (in more ways than one )
Awwww! We germophobes have to stick together.

I swear, I won't ever try to make you drink Rose out of my glass, hee hee hee. You won't even have to think of something witty to say.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:15 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,917,828 times
Quote:

Hahaha. Seems like the kitchen is a war zone for you!

Old 12-08-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman6974 View Post
Hahaha. Seems like the kitchen is a war zone for you!
Nope. I love to cook. I just have it all down to a science.

Also, I am one of the few people who prefer having no one in the kitchen when I am cooking, unless it is a friend (like Loves!) who will sit there and just talk to me. I don't want "help" unless it is getting ingredients for me, taking out trash, etc.

When I get finished cooking, my kitchen is clean - something most people don't accomplish, and something I learned with time. I prefer eating my meal and then relaxing afterwards, lol. No war zone at all. Just move fast and get it done, lol.

You would enjoy being in the kitchen with me. I'd open the wine and we would chat away.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:34 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Spraying utensils with pure poison?! That's a whole lot better!

Old 12-08-2011, 01:36 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
[/b]

methinks TaoistDude made this response...

Hawk, that's a great observation. You have the eyes of a hawk.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Spraying utensils with pure poison?! That's a whole lot better!
Clorox kills staph and strep on stainless steel, lol.

What I used to do is keep hot soapy water in the sink, w/ 1/4 cup clorox added, to wash stuff while I was cooking. That is what is recommended to kill staph and strep.

I promise I won't poison you if you come eat at my house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships