U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: safe sex?
I always have condoms, and use them. 20 44.44%
I never bother with it. 19 42.22%
I sometimes forget...or don't want to bring it up. 6 13.33%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 09:55 AM

7,951 posts, read 4,344,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Post links to back it up!
Here you go, costs of HIV drugs are on par with other non-generic drugs. This data is from 2009 and costs have gone down since then. I know this because of my profession.

HIV Medications - How Much Do HIV Medicines Cost? - The Cost of HIV Medications
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2011, 10:35 AM

8,681 posts, read 7,277,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Wow. I guess no one worries about AIDS any longer?! Interesting.

Not sure how you can make that conclusion only 9 posts into a thread.

No, we don't worry about it.

[URL="http://www.correctionsone.com/products/apparel/articles/1334637-Guards-Face-HIV-Threat-from-Inmate/"]That can change[/URL] on a dime, though.

Old 12-10-2011, 11:07 AM

12,312 posts, read 8,407,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
One thing I've heard about is people who wear condoms for oral sex....lol

Do people actually do this?

Not i...

Old 12-11-2011, 03:55 AM

1,741 posts, read 1,260,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
You actually DO have power, you need to utilize your "power" before you sleep with someone though. You have a choice in whether you want to have sex or not. If you choose to have sex, you need to realize that ALL birth control has a risk of failure, short of not having testicles or a uterus. You give up your "power" when you have sex with her. If you don't want the risk of a baby or an STD, don't have sex.
Which is why the condom was invented.
I've heard of bad quality condoms from foreign countries being unsafe, but last time I tested filling one with water it got as big as my kitchen sink without exploding...
My friend managed to pull one over his head(the big head, not the small one) and blow it up with air through his nose.

I've heard of one case of a failing condom, my nephew who said the pregnancy of his girlfriend was due to a condomfailure, but the truth to that one is that he didn't use one(which I know because he told me the real deal in private and why he didn't dare to tell his mom(my sis)), and I'd suspect a lot of the failed condom statistics is comes from denying to skip the condom.

Either way the failrate for a good quality condom is so low it's not something anyone would need to consider, unless having sex 5 times/day for year after year.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:01 AM

14,620 posts, read 7,668,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
Either way the failrate for a good quality condom is so low it's not something anyone would need to consider, unless having sex 5 times/day for year after year.
Actually, with perfect use the male condom is only 85% effective in preventing pregnancy unless it's with "perfect use" and then it's only 98% effective. Here's a few links:

Contraception: Unintended and Teen Pregnancy | CDC Reproductive Health

CDC - Condom Effectiveness - Condom Fact Sheet In Brief

If you are fine with accepting that there is risk then that's fine...but it's not 100% effective and to claim "it won't happen to me" is just naieve.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:15 AM

8,857 posts, read 10,669,715 times
While condoms are not 100%, I've had several break on me during sex, they are most effective. Unless you are going to have sex while wearing a scuba suit it will be nearly impossible not to exchange bodily fluids at some point.

Your most effective method of safe sex is your brain. Use good judgment and common sense, I find that gets you through 80% of most predicaments, in and out of the bedroom.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:20 AM

8,869 posts, read 6,177,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
I can't believe how many straight single women I know who DON'T use condoms because the think HIV and other STD's are only gay diseases.
Wow, you hang around with alot of dumbasses.

Old 12-11-2011, 03:31 PM

7,637 posts, read 3,006,989 times
It’s like eating a sweet with the wrapper on, (figuratively speaking).

Old 12-12-2011, 12:09 PM

8,344 posts, read 15,886,902 times
If you do not have sex, could that be construed as "safe sex"?

Old 12-12-2011, 01:08 PM

14,620 posts, read 7,668,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
If you do not have sex, could that be construed as "safe sex"?
That's called "abstinence" and it's the safest "sex" there is because there is no sex!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships