U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: safe sex?
I always have condoms, and use them. 20 44.44%
I never bother with it. 19 42.22%
I sometimes forget...or don't want to bring it up. 6 13.33%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2011, 10:27 AM

159 posts, read 136,266 times

Advertisements

std's were cause by us, the older generation???? really???
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 10:27 AM

4,700 posts, read 2,818,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
If a man has a vasectomy then why does he need the condom as birth control?
To prevent other STI's and maybe he doesn't disclose vasectomy and girl reports she is preggers.....

Old 12-08-2011, 10:28 AM

6,483 posts, read 4,487,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
There is no such thing as "safe sex" with another person unless you are a virgin having sex with a virgin, there is still the possiblity of pregnancy with a male/female couple of childbearing years. Can you please explain? Are you saying virgins don't get pregnant the first time they have sex?

Safer sex can be had with the use of condoms from beginning to end with NO oral to genital contact.
Now you just took the fun out of everything

Old 12-08-2011, 10:37 AM

9,078 posts, read 6,727,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by just anotherguy View Post

Yeah all because some dude had sex with a monkey....

Old 12-08-2011, 10:52 AM

1,013 posts, read 1,083,071 times
First: I get myself tested "for every sexually transmitted condition except pregnancy" (I'm a guy), every 6 months. The consequence of getting even one of the 'lessor' STDs is too severe to skip that.
I always make sure that I specifically ask to be tested for Herpes, as some (I think most) doctors feel that since this STD isn't life threatening, they do not consider it one of the ones to include in a regular test. I've had to ask that it specifically be added to the testing panel many times.

Next: I use condoms 100% when dating, and when a relationship has advanced enough that we have been Monogamous a bit, then we both get tested again, and if we are OK, then I'm OK not using condoms and relying on her BC.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:55 AM

1,469 posts, read 2,414,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Yes, the rapid spread of STI's is all due to the older generation

You youngsters must have it so hard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by just anotherguy View Post
The older generation did indeed perpetuate the problem. It's not like diseases skipped a generation.

Thanks for taking responsibility

Old 12-08-2011, 10:57 AM

21,602 posts, read 23,736,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
Hated condoms and will never use those stupid things again

Then you will get pregnant and not even notice it...
When in doubt read: ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 12-08-2011, 11:05 AM

6,483 posts, read 4,487,536 times
IMO, if you are in a committed relationship or married and you do not plan on children, then I say wear the raincoat.

If you're single and wanna "hit" anything that's not nailed down, then I say double layers and try to avoid any oral =)

Old 12-08-2011, 11:15 AM

13,036 posts, read 15,254,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Yeah, I don't know who has it worse, the guy who isn't getting the full blown (pun intended) experience with a rubber strapped on, or the girl who gets to spend the rest of the day with the taste of latex in her mouth.
Hear, hear !

I just cannot believe people perform oral sex on latex. It must be like sucking an elastic band. I would imagine neither parties get much out of it.... It seems rather counter intuitive to me.

Sex to me is about contact as well as intimacy and I find condoms ruin both aspects . Sex is supposed to be messy , unfettered and a little wild and I fail to see how condoms are an improvement on nature as intended.

If in casual relationships I suppose there is at least a rational excuse for it but as I have never been in that position I will take my chances with AIDS and other STDs and trust Hubby is not sexually incontinent.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:18 AM

3,518 posts, read 2,956,485 times
The past couple gentleman I've been involved with have been ready to jump right in in the heat of the moment, and would have if I hadn't stopped them. You'd think these guys, especially the young ones, would be more paranoid about accidental pregnancy if not STDs. They didn't even ask if I was on anything.

But now that I've started back up on the pill and my man friend has asked that we be exclusive and agreed to get tested, I'll have to find some other use for the box of condoms in my dresser. Balloon animals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships