Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 09:52 PM

144 posts, read 182,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Yep you can have a tall A-hole or a loving shortie.
Something I have seem to notice with 6'+ guys is, they believe their height is all they need to attract a women. Those same guys then have a "" or "" look when the short guy is a hit with the ladies at the club/bar.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:08 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra<3 View Post
Something I have seem to notice with 6'+ guys is, they believe their height is all they need to attract a women. Those same guys then have a "" or "" look when the short guy is a hit with the ladies at the club/bar.
Very true.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:21 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,888 times
Quote:

I think you do need more then being tall like a good job and a good personality go along way. I guy that has a good job that he likes will go along way vs a guy that is treading water working a dead end job.

Old 11-13-2013, 02:42 AM

9,086 posts, read 1,459,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
It seems to be an almost #1 or #2 in most surveys here but in actuality there is little evidence as most women end up with average height guys, even woman that place height at the top of there list. There are many woman I know that would be happy with a living, breathing, sane guy that had ok looks
The living, breathing and sane are difficult enough to find with out added extra criteria...

Old 11-13-2013, 08:25 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,299,015 times
I haven't had a relationship with a woman who seemed to be attracted to height since college. In fact, I don't even know if women find height sexy or if they just think having a muscular tall guy next to them makes them look more feminine in comparison. I have dated a number of women who are 5'9+ and they always seem amazingly excited to be able to wear high heels and still be shorter than me.

I never realized what women were talking about until my little brother's wedding, probably because my whole family is tall and most of our SO's are also very tall. I didn't notice anything as the event was happening, but afterwards the pictures made me understand why the photographer was stressing. My mother, who has been 5'11 and 130 lbs from 16 to 60, looked completely normal next to my brother, who is about 6'5 and 230 lbs. However, she looked like a giant next to my brother's new in-laws. When sorting through wedding pictures, she didn't want to frame any of the pictures where she was towering over men in suits which made her look huge.

Honestly, it is not something I would ever think about, but seeing how much my mother, who is a sensible software developer/programmer type and happily married for decades, cared about the way she looked in the pictures, I can see why an insecure single girl could literally obsess over her date's height.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:45 AM

13,654 posts, read 9,714,475 times
Quote:
A very salient point! Pick any particular advantage, and the analysis is the same. Guys with high-prestige jobs expect to be successful in dating, and resent it when they are eclipsed by their "inferiors". Rich guys expect women to flock to them, and react in dismay when "poorer folk" bag the quarry. Muscular guys expect to be respected as the alpha, and bewail the unjust world when a scrawny guy garners the greater respect.

In a dynamic society, no latent advantage is necessarily sufficient for success. We can no longer say, "I belong by birthright to the highest caste, and therefore all others should serve me".

Old 11-13-2013, 08:48 AM

73 posts, read 102,864 times
Yeesh...Well as a guy who is 5'4", I would say that yes it is a deal breaker for many women. If you look at my other attributes, I have 3 degrees,I am confident, a great career at a Fortune 50 company, former service in Army Special Operations, etc. I think I am a great catch. If someone overlooks me because I am short, then that is their loss. That being said, I am glad I am married and don't have to worry about such things. People can be amazing superficial about everything including height.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:52 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Yep you can have a tall A-hole or a loving shortie.
if the tall man is also loving though hes gonna win out over the short guy

Old 11-13-2013, 08:54 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Quote:
Just go around internet forums and see how women gush over tall men or on dating sites where tall men have a huge advantage so its not a surprise..Alot of women have inflated tall mens egos by drooling over them

Old 11-13-2013, 09:17 AM

73 posts, read 102,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Just go around internet forums and see how women gush over tall men or on dating sites where tall men have a huge advantage so its not a surprise..Alot of women have inflated tall mens egos by drooling over them
There is a lot of truth to this. But that's life. You just have to deal with it and drive on. There are some good women out there, short men just have to be patient. I know it can be a huge hit to self confidence, but look at it like this: you don't have to wade through an endless series of relationships. If a woman has no problem with a short man, then she is probably not superficial. You will get some really good women in your life. You may not have as many opportunities, but that is alright. It can be a blessing in disguise sometimes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships