U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-21-2012, 06:27 AM

11,107 posts, read 2,942,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
sounds like a dream....

Yep, and I'm living it!
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 12:23 PM

14,243 posts, read 11,167,199 times
Heck no, makes absouletly NO difference to me whatsoever.

Women, you seriously think that 3 dates as opposed to 1 is going to make you look like you have so much more morals? Don't fool yourselves

Old 05-21-2012, 12:28 PM

8,739 posts, read 4,268,255 times
Here's a novel idea: If some of these people worried about looking respectable enough or taken seriously as LTR potential -- why don't they present themselves as such from the door?.....If you present yourself as a first date, second date, third date lay good luck trying to maintain that "I'm to be respected and taken seriously" vibe.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:31 PM

512 posts, read 176,482 times
Witholding sex is a manipulative game. Playing games is just a sign the relationship wasn't meant to be or somebody is not mature enough.

It's absolutely not true that every Homo sapiens with a penis wants something completely different out of a relationship from a biological woman. With this kind of sexist attitude, somebody is bound to overlook a decent guy out there just because they are jaded.

Old 05-28-2012, 11:25 PM

3,044 posts, read 1,275,152 times
it really depends on how important sex is in a relationship to the parties involved. in some cases its no different then seeing if your personality matches

Old 05-30-2012, 07:58 PM

2,975 posts, read 1,982,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT113876 View Post
Witholding sex is a manipulative game. Playing games is just a sign the relationship wasn't meant to be or somebody is not mature enough.

It's absolutely not true that every Homo sapiens with a penis wants something completely different out of a relationship from a biological woman. With this kind of sexist attitude, somebody is bound to overlook a decent guy out there just because they are jaded.
How is it being manipulating? You don't own another person's body and sex is not owed to you. I think a man/woman should have sex when they feel they are ready, and if its 3 months down the line so be it.

A lot of men are not being truthful when they say that it doesn't matter how soon a woman has sex with them, it won't make them look any better or worse in their eyes. A bunch of bull. The first thing a man thinks when a woman sleeps with them too soon is "how many other guys has she slept with on the first date?" That's what they are really thinking

Old 05-30-2012, 08:00 PM

28,702 posts, read 14,481,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Heck no, makes absouletly NO difference to me whatsoever.

Women, you seriously think that 3 dates as opposed to 1 is going to make you look like you have so much more morals? Don't fool yourselves
How about 10 dates, IF you make it that far. Don't count on it.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:09 PM

455 posts, read 265,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT113876 View Post

Give me a break. Just because you have a penis does not mean you are owed sex from biological females.

Stop using biology as an excuse to be a pig. Why men and women spend so much time assessing what monkeys and lions do and base their behavior on that is beyond me. I aspire to be more than an ape.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:04 PM

11 posts, read 9,104 times
I'm on the other extreme. After almost 8 months, my bf still won't still won't go further than making-out.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:48 AM

5,804 posts, read 4,417,633 times
I cannot offer a set timeframe when it is appropriate. I just think the danger of having sex too soon is that it can make the relationship about the pursuit and receipt of physical gratification, instead about getting to know someone deeply and intimately outside of the physical.... and ignoring big issues of incompatability to continue the physical gratification.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships