Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 12:05 PM

61,632 posts, read 86,981,866 times

Advertisements

I wonder if his "best friend" is still his best friend...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 12:05 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,104,492 times
I don't see how an ex boy friend has any right to be upset because his ex girl friend is sleeping with is best friend. He'll get over it, but before he does he is going to tell everyone he knows about his ex girl friend and his best friend. By the way, anytime you have sex, you meant to do it, even if you were drinking. Sex is one thing that doesn't just happen by accident, and if you think it does you need to go to the doctor and have your head examined. In the meantime smile, when you finally get out of junior high school and become a teenager everything will look different to you and this whole thing will be behind you.

Old 12-11-2011, 12:21 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,543,963 times
How does this work exactly? There are several decisions you made before sex just "happened"; what made his best friend so attractive?

What does "he found out in a bad way" mean?

There's no way to take it back, you can't fix it, and either your ex will forgive you or he won't. However, since he is indeed your ex, what is all the angst and drama about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by msblueeyes86 View Post
So my ex just found out that I slept with his best friend and I didn't mean to do it, but I know I can't blame drinking. We were not together at the time and he found out in a bad way but I feel really bad about the whole thing. It was a mistake and I wish I could take it back. I don't know how to fix this and it kills me how bad I hurt him.

Old 12-11-2011, 12:44 PM

13,610 posts, read 10,018,851 times
Quote:
So my ex just found out that I slept with his best friend and I didn't mean to do it, but I know I can't blame drinking. We were not together at the time and he found out in a bad way but I feel really bad about the whole thing. It was a mistake and I wish I could take it back. I don't know how to fix this and it kills me how bad I hurt him.
In what sense were you not together?

Is he your ex because of this, or was he already your ex?

Old 12-11-2011, 02:15 PM

2 posts, read 2,256 times
At the time we were broken up. I was very depressed at the time and I did resort to drinking to cover up my feelings. I know it wasn't the right thing to do but I was hurting and I didn't want to deal with it anymore. As for his friend they are no longer friends. That night his friend text me asking for a ride home from the bar. In my buzzed state I decided to go pick him up thinking if I tell his friend how sad I was that the ex and I broke up that he might talk to him for me. Anyway I told him ex and I broke up and he offered to buy me a drink at the bar and it turned out I didn't have my wallet with me. So we drove back to my place to get my wallet and we ended up drinking two big giant bottle of wine at my place. The next morning I wake up next him naked in my bed. We both felt awful about what we did and we both decided it would be best not to tell him. So two weeks later the ex wanted to try to work things out with me and I was happy at the time, but deep down inside what I did was eating a way at me. So he found out snooping through my computer reading my personal emails. I know what I did was wrong but in all honesty we were not together so it wasn't cheating. The bad thing was it was with his friend.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:36 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,508,598 times
Quote:

So you didn't mean to get naked and achieve an orgasm through penetration? I love how many women seem to justify everything they do. You knew exactly what you were doing, whether it was cheating or not. It's called take responsibility for your actions. "I didn't mean to do it" negates anything else you said.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:39 PM

13,610 posts, read 10,018,851 times
Quote:
At the time we were broken up. I was very depressed at the time and I did resort to drinking to cover up my feelings. I know it wasn't the right thing to do but I was hurting and I didn't want to deal with it anymore. As for his friend they are no longer friends. That night his friend text me asking for a ride home from the bar. In my buzzed state I decided to go pick him up thinking if I tell his friend how sad I was that the ex and I broke up that he might talk to him for me. Anyway I told him ex and I broke up and he offered to buy me a drink at the bar and it turned out I didn't have my wallet with me. So we drove back to my place to get my wallet and we ended up drinking two big giant bottle of wine at my place. The next morning I wake up next him naked in my bed. We both felt awful about what we did and we both decided it would be best not to tell him. So two weeks later the ex wanted to try to work things out with me and I was happy at the time, but deep down inside what I did was eating a way at me. So he found out snooping through my computer reading my personal emails. I know what I did was wrong but in all honesty we were not together so it wasn't cheating. The bad thing was it was with his friend.
Who did something wrong?

You are only Human, stop beating yourself up over this.

Old 12-11-2011, 03:48 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,181,218 times
Quote:
The bad thing was it was with his friend.
Yes, that is the bad thing. It absolutely matters. You and his ex friend are pretty screwed up. Although, it is good that you recognize it as a screw up.

Last edited by Braunwyn; 12-11-2011 at 04:00 PM..

Old 12-11-2011, 05:24 PM

61,632 posts, read 86,981,866 times
Now I see it as a screw up on every part:
1. you for sleeping with your ex best friend
2. the guy sleeping with his best friend ex
3. the ex snooping in your emails

The first and second is not so big of offense, because you and your (ex) BF were not dating anymore,
but I would think twice going back to someone who is snooping and poking in my private life, ex or not.
Looks like a controlling freak to me.

BTW: why did your ex had access to your email?
why were you emailing his best friend after you realized that you made a "major screw up"?
why did you need your wallet if he "offered to BUY you a drink "? The bartender let you go home without paying for the drinks?
It does not make much sense...
Looks like you both wanted to go home, and you both knew why.

Last edited by elnina; 12-11-2011 at 05:36 PM..

Old 12-11-2011, 05:47 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,181,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
The first and second is not so big of offense, because you and your (ex) BF were not dating anymore,
I find this interesting since it's the prevailing view. If my husband, for example, got all screwy on me and insecure and check my emails I would have a problem with it. To counseling we would go. If my husband and I divorced, and he then slept with my best friend of 20 years, I would be devastated. Finding that behavior acceptable is sociopathic in my eyes, but that clearly can't be the case since it's the prevailing view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships