Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 02:15 PM

1 posts, read 821 times

Advertisements

[quote=Yzette;22074501]My knee-jerk reaction is that he's just not that into you. Like my pappy always used to say, "always trust yer knee"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 02:22 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,983,404 times
If he is perfect in all the other ways, why not get yourself a friend with benefits? It isn't like in other eras where some things are absolutely unheard of. Put it point blank......he has one of three choices. 1) nail you at least once a week, 2) leave you, or 3) accept the fact that he doesn't much care for it, you do, so you will find someone who will "scratch that itch." Or YOU decide that a life with no sex is acceptable.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:39 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
So I have been with my boyfriend for a year and a half. I have known him for 17 years but just started dating August 2010.

Things are mostly amazing- we just recently moved in together and he is an incredible person who makes me so happy. The thing that we fight about most is the lack of sex in our relationship. I think we have slept together maybe a total of about 9 times in a year and a half. He has major OCD & ADD and it is taking him forever to feel comfortable with me in that regard. The few times we did have sex it made him anxious and scared- we couldn't even finish. He isn't on meds for it b/c he doesn't want to become dependent, but since he hasn't found any way to cope with it, he uses weed as temporary solution, which I can't stand. I'm not sure if the weed is the attributor but I have read it lowers sex-drive and desire to do it. (I've never smoken weed so I wouldn't know).

I'm just not sure what to do b/c obviously I want to have sex with him and be close and flirty and sexy...but it makes him uncomfortable and scared. It is hard for me to understand b/c after a year and a half with someone you should feel comfortable and trust them in the bed. I would never do anything to hurt him and he knows that but I don't understand why he is having such an issue getting himself at that level with me.

Leaving him isn't an option. I love him, and we both have talked about getting married one day. I just don't know how to deal with the constant feelings I am feeling: frustrated, confused and feeling like I am inadequate in the bed b/c I can't turn him on.

Any answers would be wonderful
I might understand this thread started by a man about a woman...but assuming this is a young guy and doesn't have sexual dysfunction of some sort he/we are always trying to get some...SO..he either has some sort of dysfunction, not into you or he is getting it somewhere else. Young guys are just not wired to turn down sex from someone they find even mildly attractive.

Old 12-11-2011, 04:31 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,074,793 times
If he has OCD and/or ADD, Weed is the worst thing he could be using.
He needs to go to Doctor and get treatment, he will not become "addicted" to the medication, he is addicted to the Weed though.
He could have been raised in a house where sex was dirty, nasty, bad, hurt, whatever.
Could have been raised in a house where there was little if any personal contact or affection so it is unfamliiar to him.

Old 12-11-2011, 04:43 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,243,693 times
Smile Take the pressure off....

From a female -

Take the pressure off for 3 months. No talk about it at all. Keep a journal. See if the weed continues after, say, 2 weeks. (It is a killer)

(Once you go the therapy route, this will be good info)

Try to eliminate reasons for the behavior. I know it will be hard but there is something he has to deal with.

If he opens up at some point, take it and run.

Good luck.

Old 12-11-2011, 05:14 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
Quote:

I'm just not sure what to do b/c obviously I want to have sex with him and be close and flirty and sexy...but it makes him uncomfortable and scared. It is hard for me to understand b/c after a year and a half with someone you should feel comfortable and trust them in the bed. I would never do anything to hurt him and he knows that but I don't understand why he is having such an issue getting himself at that level with me.
Alrighty then...welp, its time to get the leather out, and whip!

Old 12-11-2011, 05:20 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
He is either gay or has another woman. Someone else is doing it for him.

Old 12-11-2011, 05:47 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Look here it is coming from a man with sisters. It's one of two things..He's really having problems or he is sexing someone else. As for loving him and not leaving him at some point your going to leave him if things don't change. Life is short and if you want to spend your life in misery go for it but one thing in life I have learned is no one else can make you happy.

One thing about men is we show women who we are and to a good part who we will become yet many women just don't want to see it and then blame the man for being who he really is. If the man has these issue now what do you expect for the future? Then of course what i say means nothing because I'm not the one who is going to be with you if you or HE does leave.

Is he a potential provider and maybe a potential father (All it takes is one time)? Good luck but a duck is a duck..
I'M the provider but I like it that way. I don't want to rely on a man to provide money for me.

Old 12-11-2011, 06:00 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
I'M the provider but I like it that way. I don't want to rely on a man to provide money for me.
Geez, most stupid women who like to play the "provider" game at least make sure to get a working boy toy in exchange!

Old 12-11-2011, 06:04 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:

So he's using you for a free ride. He doesn't want to bang you and never did. He's with you because you're putting a roof over his head and food in his stomach, and he spends the money he saves on weed.

And you love this man...why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships