Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 02:39 AM

994 posts, read 1,681,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun327 View Post
no it was not good, but does it matter?
Yeah LOL If the sex is bad the guy wont bother again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 03:10 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,926,197 times
Remember, some boys never grow up.

Quote:
I guess i did make it way too easy for him as he is a mature man who is over 30, and well established in his career. heart breaking.... but have to get over it.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:21 AM

16 posts, read 19,464 times
I say you run.
If he hasnt bothered to contact you to arrange a date then he cant be that into you "/
You shouldnt waste your time on him, go out and find someone who will make the effort with you and someone that wont sleep with you then not bother to contact you.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:26 AM

12 posts, read 20,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
Not true.
With more mature men, maybe so, once we've learned some self restraint and about the real world.

With boys and young men, they aren't so fussy, they'd shag a barber's floor. They have sex because they like sex, not because they like you.
I guess i did make it way too easy for him as he is a mature man who is over 30, and well established in his career. heart breaking.... but have to get over it.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:06 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,006,998 times
Quote:
Age is but a number. Don't equate 30 with mature, heck, I know colleagues who are much older and act like they are in high school. The only way you are going to find a mature person is by trial and error, unfortunately. There are things though you can do that will improve your odds - don't fish the bar scene, it's unlikely you will find Mr. McDreamy there.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:07 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,006,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
What you have to remember is that some boys never grow up.
You got that right, same goes for the gals - some of them still think they are back in junior high school.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:36 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
How well do you know this man?

I'm thinking he might be married. The very limited communication, not wanting to make the first moves by asking you out (because then HE didn't initiate it)...wanting to take it "slow" after you had sex (more likely he feels guilty or he found it just wasn't worth it).

Are you SURE he is single?

Old 12-13-2011, 08:58 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,246 times
Quote:
I met this guy 3 months ago through work. I know he is exactly my dream man, and found so many similarities in our backgrounds. After that, he had texted me every the other 3 days at nights. We are both investment bankers, so I assume he also gets off work late and has to contact me late too.

The text message thing went on for like a month and he never asked me out. Until one day, I asked him out for a coffee and he accepted. The date went well and we had some really good conversations. After the 1st date, the “every 3 day text messages” continued for another month, and I initiated a lunch together. Again, the lunch went well. (I have to mention here that our companies locate 15 minutes away from each other by walking

The 3rd date, which was also brought up by me, we went together for dinner and then a bar later. Everything turned out so great. We had our 1st kiss and held hands. But weird enough, no calls or texts for the following week. Two weeks ago, it was his birthday. I texted him to let him know that I would like to treat him a birthday dinner since he had paid for all the previous bills. That night, we became intimate.

After that 1st time, I thought I could at least expect a call. But no, no nothing from him for like 3 days until I asked. He texted back saying He “felt really sorry and guilty for what he did that night.” He said “it is good to be friends and wanna go slow. He asked me out for the 1st time to explain things. He said meet-ups are fine, but intimacy is too early for right now.

So am I dumped or played? Or there is still hope since he wants to go slow? So guys, what is really the deal here? I think I already fell for him. Help!
you had to initiate the first three dates. Bad news.

He was just not that into you and the texting was probably a way to ease boredom. Many people carrying on with conversations through email, text, or even phone because frankly they are lonely and enjoy the company when nothing else takes up their time.

It takes more EFFORT and time and INTEREST to initiate, plan and carry through with a face to face date. Seeing as how you did the initiating and also the planning (which day, when, and where) - I think you're the one who had more interest in this scenario, especially considering the fact that you initiated and planned the first THREE dates.

Move on and find someone who appreciates you more.

Old 12-13-2011, 11:33 AM

31,036 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
no it was not good, but does it matter?
You want to pursue a guy who is a poor lover?

Guy sounds a little wishy washy. But, if he has done everything he said he would do, you are not being used. Your just dating, and you are expecting more than he is willing to deliver.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 12-13-2011 at 12:56 PM..

Old 12-13-2011, 07:29 PM

12 posts, read 20,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney1987 View Post
you had to initiate the first three dates. Bad news.

He was just not that into you and the texting was probably a way to ease boredom. Many people carrying on with conversations through email, text, or even phone because frankly they are lonely and enjoy the company when nothing else takes up their time.

It takes more EFFORT and time and INTEREST to initiate, plan and carry through with a face to face date. Seeing as how you did the initiating and also the planning (which day, when, and where) - I think you're the one who had more interest in this scenario, especially considering the fact that you initiated and planned the first THREE dates.

Move on and find someone who appreciates you more.
What really confuses me is that even though I was the one initiated the dates, he seemed insisting paying for the bills everytime and would not agree on "go dutch". That left me the impression that he is not just interested in a friendship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships