Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2011, 09:50 AM

75 posts, read 115,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Stable, respectable, and having a good job is to me the basics of being an adult. Most of the women I know want more than filling out basic life functions for their romantic partners.

What do you bring to the table that would have a person wanting to be with you romantically: Are you interesting, funny, charming, charismatic, and fun to be around?

What life do you bring to the table that would have a person wanting to be a part of it: Do you have an active social life, worthwhile social circle, and appealing life experiences?

The women I know want a physical connection.
Do you approach any woman no matter what she looks like to see if she has stability and what she can bring potentially to a relationship? If not then don't ask someone to do what you can't.

The women I know want a mental connection.
That's where compatibility comes in and the can't get a second date hints at incompatibility.
Or it could be your behavior was a turn off, the way you treat it, the conversation was boring/stale/awkward, and/or the dinner was off putting.

The women I know want an emotional connection.
That's where personality & enjoying being around him comes in.
The can't get a second date hints at they don't like your personality or enjoy being around you.
Or it could be that the date was unenjoyable so that lacking experience was connected to you therefore you're unenjoyable.
Since you want women to look past your appearance you're going to have to step up in the mental and emotional connection bits.
They want it all. They want to have their cake and eat it too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 10:01 AM

11,768 posts, read 11,979,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by therock2814 View Post
They want it all. They want to have their cake and eat it too.
Average, everyday people are able to have physical, mental and emotional connections with others. Some of you here make it sound like something extraordinary and unattainable. It doesn't have to be.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:50 AM

188 posts, read 304,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Jealousy is SUCH an unattractive quality.
But that is what it is to be human.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:51 AM

11,768 posts, read 11,979,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Freak View Post
But that is what it is to be human.
I meant that comment specifically to TVSG who thinks decent men can't exist because he isn't one.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:54 AM

28,896 posts, read 54,030,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Really...? Do you know this for a fact or are you projecting your opinion?
Well, we had a couple of MrsCPG's single friends over the past weekend and this was a verbatim quote. So I'm pretty sure of what I speak. I mean, when an attractive and successful single woman corners you in the kitchen and says, "CPG, I haven't been on a date in six months. Do you know anyone? And I mean anyone" then that's a pretty strong indicator.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:55 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,024,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, we had a couple of MrsCPG's single friends over the past weekend and this was a verbatim quote. So I'm pretty sure of what I speak. I mean, when an attractive and successful single woman corners you in the kitchen and says, "CPG, I haven't been on a date in six months. Do you know anyone? And I mean anyone" then that's a pretty strong indicator.
I guess it's possible (not that it proves anything about others outside your circle), but I'm pretty sure when they said "anyone" they didn't really mean "whoever"...

Old 12-17-2011, 10:37 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,192,652 times
If women love stable, respectable, men with good jobs why am I still single?

Because that is the bare minimum. You have to have all that AND something else to offer.

Old 12-17-2011, 10:56 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,429,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtownKeith View Post
Im 45 never been married. Work at a good Government job in the IT field but I can't get a second date. Now I'm no Brad Pitt but I think women should look past looks and see me for my stability and what I could potentially bring to a relationship.
What are you talking about during the first date?

[it better not be why Java is better than Flash]

Old 12-17-2011, 11:29 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,858,817 times
OP, you sound a bit self-centered bragging about your immaculate (spelling corrected) apartment and hassle-free life. That, in itself, is a strange thing to say. Are you a perfectionist or perceive women to be drama-filled problem creators? And I haven't heard anyone say "sit on it" since Happy Days was playing new episodes....to top it all off you chose a low quality family restaurant. I am not a materialistic person but you say you are financially stable so try to pick a more fun place to hang out, one more geared towards relaxing rather than filling your stomach-maybe a Mexican place or something that is not a chain. I wouldn't want to date a guy who says "no drama" on his internet profile because they always seem to be the type that either causes the drama or who blames everything on the woman rather than his lack of listening skills. The "no drama" thing came to mind because of other thread where you made it sound like women=hassles.

Old 12-18-2011, 12:34 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,783,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtownKeith View Post
Im 45 never been married. Work at a good Government job in the IT field but I can't get a second date. Now I'm no Brad Pitt but I think women should look past looks and see me for my stability and what I could potentially bring to a relationship.

American women have become extremely picky they want looks and money both. I have a good personality, and the looks, but not the great paying job. Personality is one of the last things women care about so if you have looks and money both you'll get tons of dates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships