U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 06:45 PM

11,188 posts, read 9,550,318 times

Advertisements

Datafeed, you are trying to disguise your fear of commitment, by having a lot of pie in the sky expectations of a future mate. You know and we know that a woman who would meet your criteria, would have no interest in your self-absorbed, rigid personality.

Vegas is a good venue for you, because what doesn't happen in Vegas, also stays in Vegas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 07:51 PM

19,081 posts, read 12,327,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
Ah, lose as in the people that correct spelling on an internet MB are either losers or have a screw loose. Is that right?

what are you talking about?. What is your value add here. There is no need for bitter miss walter mittys.
The issue isn't you're problematic spelling. It's your stating that you want an extremely educated woman while blatantly exhibiting that you are uneducated at the HS level, let alone college. It doesn't make sense.

Quote:
LOL, you would be surprised at the people with advanced degrees from elite schools that look like they failed 7th grade grammar.
That's what some like to tell themselves to alleviate whatever insecurities they have.

Quote:
Men are providers and protectors. I take care of my women and am proud to be in a position to do so. What is a man to do, go Dutch? LOL.
You pay women to spend time with you. That's really not about providing and protecting, but prostitution. Another thing to keep in mind when it comes to your desires for highly educated and successful women is that money isn't going to buy you much in that space. That's why you have poor luck with them.

Old 12-14-2011, 11:29 PM

1,844 posts, read 1,151,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
The issue isn't you're problematic spelling. It's your stating that you want an extremely educated woman while blatantly exhibiting that you are uneducated at the HS level, let alone college. It doesn't make sense.

That's what some like to tell themselves to alleviate whatever insecurities they have.

You pay women to spend time with you. That's really not about providing and protecting, but prostitution. Another thing to keep in mind when it comes to your desires for highly educated and successful women is that money isn't going to buy you much in that space. That's why you have poor luck with them.

Mod cut: rude and uncalled for.

Uneducated? Me? LOl. Do not erroneously conflate pedigree with education;they can be synonymous but are not necessarily so.

You are a pristine example of a person that claims to be formally educated...although some embellishment is likely in play...I doubt you went to a top 25 college....but were not blessed with moderate level reading comprehension...or are so blinded by your passion for the negative that you simply don't care.

I will pray for you on both accords

I have dated Ivy League educated women;however, the beautiful ones, admittedly, I have not been successful with. A date here or a date there but those women in NYC and DC have access to tier 1 men. not me, well, was not me before

I am a few classes shy of a MA from a top 5 Euro business school. I have mentioned this before. Please read before littering the internet with cyber garbage.

Mod cut: ditto above.

Last edited by PJSinger; 12-15-2011 at 10:25 AM..

Old 12-14-2011, 11:42 PM

1,844 posts, read 1,151,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Datafeed, you are trying to disguise your fear of commitment, by having a lot of pie in the sky expectations of a future mate. You know and we know that a woman who would meet your criteria, would have no interest in your self-absorbed, rigid personality.

Vegas is a good venue for you, because what doesn't happen in Vegas, also stays in Vegas.

Actually most highly successful aplha men are incredibly self absorbed...they may or may not be rigid....I'd say the bankers are normally very rigid, the quant guys even more so, the white shoe law firm attorneys are a mixed bag.

Most engineers and tech folks make me look like James Bond...lol.

And who says I am rigid? More disinterested and apathetic 75% of the time...but after a few JWs...

I think you have an erroneous impression of me. It's my fault though Think of a 6'2 215 pound dude that works out twice a day, mechanically inclined, kinda quiet, but well traveled and a great raconteur after a few brews. I am physically intimidating to most on the street, but if a lady broke down on the freeway she would have no problem asking me for help and putting her toddler in my arms.

My negs are basically the inability to suffer fools gladly and the disinclination to chase women.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:16 AM

3,490 posts, read 5,125,604 times
I actually think the OP could benefit greatly from appearing on a show like Millionaire Matchmaker, but only if he will actually LISTEN to the advice given to him (something he doesn't appear good at based on his threads on here).

I very much doubt he would meet a long term girlfriend as he is clearly not ready at all for any kind of meaningful relationship with another human being, but if he listens and actually absorbs the advice, he might find himself a step closer to being the kind of person a quality woman might be interested in.

OP, I am not trying to be unkind, but I used to date very wealthy men in the days before I realized a sense of humor & a good work ethic are worth FAR more than $$$'s in the bank. When you suggest that bankers, etc are 'rigid' and that means you somehow fit in with this elite group, you could not be more wrong.

Now to clear things up - I am a decent looking, college educated woman in my 30s. I am not model good looking and my college (in England) is not one of the top rated ones (but still very well respected).
I would absolutely date someone with intelligence who did not have a degree, and while life as the wife of a contractor in war zones holds less than zero appeal to me, provided it was in the past, I would be ok with it.
All that said, I would never date someone like you... unless perhaps you come across significantly better in person than you do here.

You sound like you have an awful lot of very bizarre issues and judgements going on. On one hand you sound extremely arrogant and like you feel you deserve the world on a plate, and on the other you sound weirdly lacking in confidence (who pays for random Internet women to go vacation? Certainly not someone I would associate with!). Then we have all this nonsense about how a woman needs to look and what kind of college she went to, when you nowhere near live up to the same standards. It so.... odd.
Add to all this the fact that you apparently live in some kind of cell with a broken down futon and an Xbox....
Yeah. I wouldn't date you and I don't live up to your expectations of the kind of woman you feel you are entitled to.
Taking beauty out of this, why would ANY reasonably educated woman be interested in the kind of man who won't replace his futon unless it actually breaks even if he does have a lot of money? What's the point?

I bought my first house while I was at university and have climbed the property ladder since then. I like a nice standard of living. And I'm NOT money driven. The only thing you have to offer a woman is cash. So you will be looking at women who ARE money driven, yet you live in a hovel.

This all adds up to the fact that unless you do some serious work on your personality and control issues, you are going to keep going in this circle of failure. You are not giving yourself a chance because you are so busy focusing on what the woman has to bring to the table, that you have forgotten that you bring little to the table yourself apart from a few bucks you got as a settlement. So what? A quality, well educated and beautiful woman doesn't need to settle for someone like you. They can do far, far better.

Go on the show and LISTEN to what you are told. Maybe you'll learn something useful about yourself.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:42 AM

8,573 posts, read 5,876,385 times
Quote:
Please go someplace else. You no longer amuse me.
This says a lot about your general attitude towards people and may be the core issue that makes people so wary of you.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:22 AM

19,081 posts, read 12,327,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
You are not giving yourself a chance because you are so busy focusing on what the woman has to bring to the table, that you have forgotten that you bring little to the table yourself apart from a few bucks you got as a settlement.
Incredibly insightful post.

Old 12-15-2011, 10:06 AM

658 posts, read 655,254 times
I think your "list of requirements" (quotation marks because I believe that love should not be confined by rigid terms and agreements, but that's just me) is fairly reasonable, but your ego is so big it obscures your view of what is important in life and leaves no room for compromise with a fellow alpha. Good luck.

Old 12-15-2011, 10:25 AM

1,236 posts, read 786,833 times
Quote:
Ah, lose as in the people that correct spelling on an internet MB are either losers or have a screw loose. Is that right?

what are you talking about?. What is your value add here. There is no need for bitter miss walter mittys.

LOL, you would be surprised at the people with advanced degrees from elite schools that look like they failed 7th grade grammar.

Men are providers and protectors. I take care of my women and am proud to be in a position to do so. What is a man to do, go Dutch? LOL.

I make sure any lady I am with is seated in the club so she does not have to stand, may rest her feet, and not have drunk dudes hitting on her; and that she has a waiter taking her order if she so desires.

I walk her to a car and take care of her parking--this scores brownie points with the ladies gents.

And prior to the vacation I Google a saloon and make sure she has a visit on my dime prior to boarding the plane. I will also call a car to taker her to the airport so she will not have to bum a ride or pay for parking.

I don't believe a woman should have to come out of pocket for anything when she is with me. I should be a pleasure, not a burden.

That's so bad huh?

The only time I get upset is when I take a date to Olive Garden and they turn their nose up. You may be my little princess but you are not a queen.

You do all that....and then take them to Olive Garden???? Alrighty then

Old 12-15-2011, 03:14 PM

650 posts, read 586,204 times
why would a guy with a million bucks need help getting a woman? I never got that show, wonder how much of it is scripted schtick?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships