Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 01:38 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,838,057 times

Advertisements

I have heard of POF.

Do they have to be attractive?
If not that's your site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 02:46 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
if you're putting this much thought into getting laid..why don't you just get a girlfriend? you'll get laid all the time then!
That's no guarantee.

Old 12-19-2011, 06:45 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,724,143 times
Quote:
if you're putting this much thought into getting laid..why don't you just get a girlfriend? you'll get laid all the time then!
Mir my dear, you're too funny. If it was that easy I suspect that the OP would have done it already.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:15 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,409,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Mir my dear, you're too funny. If it was that easy I suspect that the OP would have done it already.
well I know its not easy but you'd be amazed how far a man would go for a girl he only wants sex from. I've experienced it! and I've thought "wow..he's pursuing me that hard only to go away around a month or 2 after the sex starts?".. I think "Might as well have pursued the relationship."

Old 12-19-2011, 08:38 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,724,143 times
Quote:
well I know its not easy but you'd be amazed how far a man would go for a girl he only wants sex from.
Baby girl, I'm a man and I've been there and done that. It's still not all that easy bc most women want more than just sex. Some will offer up sex knowing that's all that the guy wants hoping that he'll see how wonderful she is and at that point she'll be on the inside.

Quote:
I've experienced it! and I've thought "wow..he's pursuing me that hard only to go away around a month or 2 after the sex starts?".. I think "Might as well have pursued the relationship."
But you still say "might have" pursued the relationship. It would have still required the guy to go through certain motions in order to get you without any guarantee that he would have landed you.

I think that our OP doesn't want to jump through all of the hoops required and still not land someone. Some guys wants a sure shot and not a "maybe", "might", "i don't know", "it depends" situation.

Old 12-19-2011, 01:45 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,409,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Baby girl, I'm a man and I've been there and done that. It's still not all that easy bc most women want more than just sex. Some will offer up sex knowing that's all that the guy wants hoping that he'll see how wonderful she is and at that point she'll be on the inside.

But you still say "might have" pursued the relationship. It would have still required the guy to go through certain motions in order to get you without any guarantee that he would have landed you.

I think that our OP doesn't want to jump through all of the hoops required and still not land someone. Some guys wants a sure shot and not a "maybe", "might", "i don't know", "it depends" situation.
wait, you mean to tell me you've never jumped through hoops just to get laid?

I never said "might have" I said "might as well have"..because they were doing all the work of pursuing a relationship, but not taking it to a relationship, if that makes sense.

and yes, very few women want just sex, which is why it would be easier for the OP to just get a girlfriend.

Old 12-21-2011, 05:04 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,838,057 times
The women on the sites still might want a quick fling but also want a relationship down the line.
From my experience,when I was on the sites experimenting I would talk to the guys for a certain amount of time before proceeding,usually about a week.
Speaking as a woman,men are serious liars. They looked nothing like the pics.
Some were downright gross and disgusting.

Then again,the op may have to lower her standards too.
There were times I meet the men in person and ran away,without telling them why I did it.

Old 12-21-2011, 05:59 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,704 times
There are a whole lot of sites that offer dating services, though, not as many as there were a year ago. At one point, a couple of hundred of them were for sale on ebay for as little as a hundred dollars. (no joke) Today, the ones that survive also are tied in with some other portion of the industry. If the sites were any good, far more of them would be successful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships