U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-16-2011, 12:37 PM

19,081 posts, read 11,735,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foulball View Post
A real life & real money example has already been provided. It has been shown that the debt makes sense in her case. -And the girl is not a physician like you keep saying one would have to be. Also, no, I can't provide a news link because there are no news link for jobs like those.
Your numbers do not add up. 200K+ net income is not close to 75k gross. It's no wonder people get themselves into the kind of trouble noted in the OP. What sucks is that I and other tax payers end up having to pay for the stupidity.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:43 PM

42,846 posts, read 52,681,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
What sucks is that I and other tax payers end up having to pay for the stupidity.
Exactly!

Old 12-16-2011, 12:44 PM

5,148 posts, read 5,122,674 times
Quote:
You've looked into doesn't really amount to much. Frankly, you appear to be just guessing and pulling ideas out of the air. That kind of thinking and approach does not land people in 75k jobs as home owners. Especially in 2011. That can be taken to the bank.

Whatever...You don't know what I did and you are just pulling out news blurbs about how everything is so rough and it doesn't fit the stereotypical formula of debt ratio and not thinking about how ratios can be shifted.

So you keep putting people down..and I will keep succeeding.

My debt is nowhere near the ratios as the OP but:

Frank Sinatra, My Way, With Lyrics - YouTube

and that never fell into the perfect picket fences 2.5 plan. Still standing with a better credit report than avg, lower debt than avg and more education than avg. Maybe when I am older and grey you can buy my book on tailoring life to make it the best you can with what you have. LOL

Old 12-16-2011, 12:46 PM

27 posts, read 35,890 times
Quote:
Your numbers do not add up. 200K+ net income is not close to 75k gross. It's no wonder people get themselves into the kind of trouble noted in the OP. What sucks is that I and other tax payers end up having to pay for the stupidity.
Can somebody tell me what she/he is talking about? Sorry, no offense intended.

Braunwyn, you keep on asserting that one has to be a doctor or an Ivy League grad to justify a hugh student loan obligation. I did not concur. I gave an example where someone was not a doctor, nor an Ivy League grad.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:50 PM

5,148 posts, read 5,122,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
You are arguing against people indulging in self-therapy of justifying their own poor financial decisions.

I'm a former banking geek. Though I am not in banking now, I work closely with Finance and will return to banking in the future.

I know how debt works coz I was an insider. You're speaking to the outsiders, those who have been pep-talked and led on a path of credit/debt/borrowing by people who have erected an illusion in front of them.

Unless the education sought is a highly skilled one like doctors, advanced engineering or biotech, 150K+ in student loans is sheer madness.
not in this case dude...already stated my debt is not that high. But ratios are similar when I will be finished to start at worse case scenario but also covered by work experience if that type of income is needed sans major.. But I am also doing what CPG did and working during school. (FT though)

Old 12-16-2011, 12:51 PM

19,023 posts, read 13,468,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
not in this case dude...already stated my debt is not that high. But ratios are similar when I will be finished to start at worse case scenario but also covered by work experience if that type of income is needed sans major.. But I am also doing what CPG did and working during school. (FT though)
I deleted it. Discussing my old job may not be wise There are eyes everywhere You quoted me too fast

As long as your student debt is under 100K, Ops, you're good. Otherwise, you better be studying for a neuro-surgeon.

Glad you're doing good. Let's hope you ride the debt out.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:51 PM

27 posts, read 35,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
What? Is she taking money under the table? Is it being wired to her bank account in the Caymans? Because unless she's not paying payroll taxes at all, your numbers don't compute.
No, no. Nothing like that.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Whatever...You don't know what I did and you are just pulling out news blurbs about how everything is so rough and it doesn't fit the stereotypical formula of debt ratio and not thinking about how ratios can be shifted.

So you keep putting people down..and I will keep succeeding.
What blurbs and don't you work in retail?

Quote:
and that never fell into the perfect picket fences 2.5 plan. Still standing with a better credit report than avg, lower debt than avg and more education than avg. Maybe when I am older and grey you can buy my book on tailoring life to make it the best you can with what you have. LOL
Your book about doing what, exactly? Nothing?

Old 12-16-2011, 12:55 PM

19,023 posts, read 13,468,554 times
Quote:
Foul, let's just say you misrepresented numbers and that lady is indeed managing it well.

If what you say is true, then the only explanation is that your numbers are incorrect. Coz, mathematically, they don't make sense.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Can somebody tell me what she/he is talking about? Sorry, no offense intended.

Braunwyn, you keep on asserting that one has to be a doctor or an Ivy League grad to justify a hugh student loan obligation. I did not concur. I gave an example where someone was not a doctor, nor an Ivy League grad.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Foul, let's just say you misrepresented numbers and that lady is indeed managing it well.

If what you say is true, then the only explanation is that your numbers are incorrect. Coz, mathematically, they don't make sense.
Foul, you are confusing yourself. Be clear, your friend is not saving and investing 110k/yr. She is not paying 40k/yr in student loans. She is not living on $60k/yr.....on a salary of 75k/yr.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships