Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 12:15 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times

Advertisements

I case you haven't heard about this snowballing of kindness sweeping across the country, I wanted to post about it to hopefully brighten the day of anyone hear who needs some uplifting news

Sometimes you really never know how deeply you've impacted another human being simply by extending to them whatever kindness you are able to offer.

I very kindly offer sincere holiday greetings to everyone here!

NURTURING NEWS from INSPIRATION LINE: YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE TOO:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/16...away-accounts/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 12:23 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Whoever she is, she is an angel.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:35 PM

3,983 posts, read 5,015,433 times
I'm trying not to get teary-eyed while at work...this is a really great thing. It's payday today and I'm inspired to do something similar. I agree with a comment made by one of the Kmart managers that $50 may not seem like a lot, but at the right time for some people, it can feel like a million bucks. That is so true. My heart is full!

Old 12-16-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
I'm trying not to get teary-eyed while at work...this is a really great thing. It's payday today and I'm inspired to do something similar. I agree with a comment made by one of the Kmart managers that $50 may not seem like a lot, but at the right time for some people, it can feel like a million bucks. That is so true. My heart is full!
Me too!!!! Every time I read the article I get teary-eyed again

What can be so little to some can be a fortune to others

Old 12-16-2011, 12:48 PM

483 posts, read 1,559,707 times
I hope this puts an end to myth that money doesn't buy happiness.

It just bought a load of happiness

Old 12-16-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Whoever she is, she is an angel.
But it's more than just one person now! She's inspired many other similar acts at KMarts across the country

Old 12-16-2011, 12:58 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
But it's more than just one person now! She's inspired many other similar acts at KMarts across the country
I'm pretty sure they are all catholic

Old 12-16-2011, 01:00 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,179 times
Quote:
I case you haven't heard about this snowballing of kindness sweeping across the country, I wanted to post about it to hopefully brighten the day of anyone hear who needs some uplifting news

Sometimes you really never know how deeply you've impacted another human being simply by extending to them whatever kindness you are able to offer.

Anonymous Donors Pay Off Kmart Layaway Accounts | Fox News
Thank you for this uplifting news After all the doom and gloom it's such a pleasure to read about people doing kind acts! There is some hope

Old 12-16-2011, 01:04 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:

Anonymous Donors Pay Off Kmart Layaway Accounts | Fox News

It started in my city! I saw it on the local news at the gym today

Old 12-16-2011, 01:05 PM

3,983 posts, read 5,015,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post
I hope this puts an end to myth that money doesn't buy happiness.

It just bought a load of happiness
That's funny...I have heard the saying "money doesn't buy you happiness, it just buys the things that make you happy". Kidding aside, we need money to live in this world and that's just fact. So, if by giving a wee bit when you can to those who need it, well, that's my happiness. It's my way of paying it forward, so to speak.

Last Christmas, my doorbell rang. No one was there and I was there in a snap. I didn't see anyone parked anywhere and there was this box on my front porch. Inside were three gift certificates: AMC movies, Chili's and Target. It was worth well over $200. My husband and I tried to figure out who it was and we're pretty sure it was his sister, but she denied vehemently. I still cried...it truly was the thought and kindness that was so meaningful. How can I NOT give back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships