Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 09:16 AM

649 posts, read 1,132,809 times

Advertisements

You won't be single for long at an airport! I met a cutie from Long Beach at EWR a few years ago, she visited me here in Phoenix a couple times! I am staying with relatives half the time, and in a lower Manhattan hotel the other half for the Christmas week. Can't wait to bump into the Midwestern damsels in distress in the lobby that are confused by the subway system!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 09:21 AM

494 posts, read 1,610,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidArizona View Post
You won't be single for long at an airport! I met a cutie from Long Beach at EWR a few years ago, she visited me here in Phoenix a couple times! I am staying with relatives half the time, and in a lower Manhattan hotel the other half for the Christmas week. Can't wait to bump into the Midwestern damsels in distress in the lobby that are confused by the subway system!

Airport really works for people? I would think any airport relationship means something long distance if they aren't already from the area. Care to elaborate?

Old 12-18-2011, 09:40 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southseeker View Post
Airport really works for people? I would think any airport relationship means something long distance if they aren't already from the area. Care to elaborate?
Flying in general, IF the chemistry is right.

Years ago, I was flying back from New Zealand. It's a thirteen hour flight from Auckland to San Francisco so I wasn't looking forward to it at all. I had boarded the plane and was ready to chill out when this very attractive woman plops down in the seat beside me. Lucky me. Usually, I get to sit by talkative brick salesmen and the ilk.

As it turns out, this girl had been out of the country for a year, and we wound up talking the entire 13 hours back. She was flying on to Nebraska and I was flying further east, but we both had long layovers (8 hours) in San Francisco, so we started making plans to spend a few of it in the city, etc.

We get to the customs line, and she gets led away for special consideration. Never saw her again. That should show you that you never know about the person next to you on an airplane or in a waiting area.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:42 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidArizona View Post
I believe it, lol Perfect opportunity for a love connection
Make sure you get their numbers & have fun

Old 12-18-2011, 09:47 AM

994 posts, read 1,682,000 times
I don't know about this...missing and delayed flights...sweaty people who are pissed off and anxious...just doesn't seem like a good combo to form a relationship. Maybe a fist fight?

Old 12-18-2011, 10:50 AM

2,163 posts, read 4,341,101 times
One of my friends met his wife at an airport. They started talking in the gate area and as it turned out, they were across the aisle from each other on the flight so they could continue to talk. They had a long distance relationship (Los Angeles/Phoenix) until they got married and moved to Hawaii. They've been married about 14 years now.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:32 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,742,163 times
I'm a bit skeptical. In all of my experiences with flying and airports, not once have I ever had anyone, male or female, engage me in conversation. Not a single time. I'll be flying this coming weekend, so I'll see if I break that streak.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:37 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
I'm so drowsy from the Dramamine that you're lucky if you get a nod from me.

[i once took a pill, fell asleep and slept right through takeoff, and the next thing I knew I was at cruising altitude...!]

Old 12-18-2011, 07:10 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
I'm a bit skeptical. In all of my experiences with flying and airports, not once have I ever had anyone, male or female, engage me in conversation. Not a single time. I'll be flying this coming weekend, so I'll see if I break that streak.
Lucky you. I cant get the people seating next to me to shut up, ever. It just seems like i have a "please tell me your life story" sign written on my forehead. And all i want to do is sleep

Old 12-18-2011, 07:14 PM

3,295 posts, read 7,016,713 times
Can't say that I'd enjoy a flight being delayed just for the sake of meeting someone new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships