Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 09:00 AM

845 posts, read 1,349,308 times

Advertisements

After I moved back to my home town, I started to develope this hatred towards people. One at the top of the list is my brother's wife. For some reason, I can't talk to her without wanting to tell her off. Even though she got me a job for the time being and she has helped to watch my daughter, I can't help but think of her badly.

It's getting worse, too. After being at work yesterday, I really wanted to rifle-off some horrendous things to people. Just on impulse. I can't take jokes, killing them with kindness has left my system, I haven't smiled for anything in over a month. I'm a ticking time-bomb with two seconds left on the timer, and that one person who sets it off will be in a vortex of swirling hate and anger.

I'm sure you guys will say the obvious line, "You need to get into some therapy", or "You need to see a counselor." Really, I just want people to understand but it seems like the universe is working against me. No matter how hard I try, no matter the effort, things are not working in my favor. I want to see my friends I had worked with, and yet things don't work out to be able to.

Right now I'm just miserable and I guess I want people to either see that, or be miserable with me. I thought this new potential job will make things better, but no amount of money can make it better.

Old 12-20-2011, 09:21 AM

733 posts, read 1,663,883 times
Can you narrow down what is it about this person that makes you hate her? Do you hate your life in general or just the people in it?

Old 12-20-2011, 09:35 AM

494 posts, read 1,610,118 times
Have you given any thought to maybe you regret moving back to your hometown, and your hatred towards everybody around you is a symptom of that?

This is something I see a lot actually. A lot of people get homesick and wish to move back to where they were grew up, but then they realize they were happier where they were after actually moving back there. Does this sound like you?

Old 12-20-2011, 01:16 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
What is the source of this hatred? Sounds like you are miserable over something. Having to move back?

Old 12-20-2011, 01:25 PM

399 posts, read 854,887 times
I think most people have times where they may "hate everyone" and I think it resonates from other factors. First of all if it continues you do have to see a doctor and maybe a small amount of medication will help you. Not everyone is the same as you so the things they do and the way they do them may aggravate you but people are usually able to understand that and dismiss these feelings as nothing, or that it's just a bad day. You may have something physical going on and if not I would suggest that times are tough and emotion runs high with lots of people. I bet you are very nice when you are happy. Just try to stay positive. The person you finally decide to scream at may have just lost someone or found out they have an awful disease. So try to get to a point where you can manage. Get your life in order, that usually helps. And as we old timers usually say "Don't sweat the small stuff". Good Luck and find a way to get out some of that stress.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:25 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitopcat View Post
After I moved back to my home town, I started to develope this hatred towards people. One at the top of the list is my brother's wife. For some reason, I can't talk to her without wanting to tell her off. Even though she got me a job for the time being and she has helped to watch my daughter, I can't help but think of her badly.

It's getting worse, too. After being at work yesterday, I really wanted to rifle-off some horrendous things to people. Just on impulse. I can't take jokes, killing them with kindness has left my system, I haven't smiled for anything in over a month. I'm a ticking time-bomb with two seconds left on the timer, and that one person who sets it off will be in a vortex of swirling hate and anger.

I'm sure you guys will say the obvious line, "You need to get into some therapy", or "You need to see a counselor." Really, I just want people to understand but it seems like the universe is working against me. No matter how hard I try, no matter the effort, things are not working in my favor. I want to see my friends I had worked with, and yet things don't work out to be able to.

Right now I'm just miserable and I guess I want people to either see that, or be miserable with me. I thought this new potential job will make things better, but no amount of money can make it better.
I know the feeling, I do! I feel the same way. Time for a little self-reflection here. Like others said about the source of your true frustrations and being honest with yourself about all of them.

I had to move back to my hometown too after I finally thought I got out. I hate my hometown and nearly everybody in it. To stay there would be shooting myself in the foot in the new career I'm about to embark on.

I hate my job. I hate my coworkers. Most of my family irritates me. Of course add to all that the fact that nothing, nada, zilch in my life has gone the way I planned positively and yes I've got some problems.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:26 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,899,573 times
Medication can actually help you by making the people around you much more tolerable

Old 12-20-2011, 01:38 PM

513 posts, read 897,371 times
grow up, it is not their fault you moved back. from what you say, she is actually trying to help you not to harm you. if you don't like the city or the people there, move. it may take a while to find a decent job, so start searching and don't move until you land one.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:41 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:

YOU are the only common denominator here.

The universe is not conspiring against you and other people aren't purposely trying to upset you.

Let your misery motivate you to do the work on yourself and your attitude that is required here. DIG DEEP and beat this thing.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:42 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:

Most of the time people just want to be heard or acknowledged, IMHO. Seems to me, one of the major issues is you don't get to say what you really feel to the person and instead it just sits and festers inside thus causing extreme anger/hatred. you are likely going to lash out a someone who isn't even the root cause of your anger. I understand how you feel though, I also dislike most people but it's for a totally different reason/circumstance then what I think is going on with you. I think you should express yourself to the correct people. Get it out of your system!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships