Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 03:19 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,677,285 times

Advertisements

Belly button rings don't really do anything for me one way or the other. They're so common that I don't even notice them. And I don't mind tattoos, though I can't say I've ever seen a woman, no matter how attractive, whom I didn't think would look better without them. But it simply depends on the woman and the tattoos. However, I've never seen a tramp stamp that I found attractive. In fact, that's one spot for a tattoo that I find specifically unattractive, and I'm not even sure why. Maybe because I think that's a really sexy area on a woman's body, and the tattoo visually interrupts the nice curves there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 03:23 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,759,955 times
I have my bellybutton pierced and have never heard any complaints. Usually when guys find out they just say "Huh, I didn't know you had a piercing. You don't seem like the type."

It is my suspicion that the "type" is trashy teenage girl, but I don't mind breaking the stereotype. I think it draws attention to a cute part of my body, is easily hidden, and when I no longer want it I will just take it out.

Old 12-20-2011, 03:26 PM

990 posts, read 2,542,607 times
Tattoos...Piercings...

If I want to date Popeye...I'll hang out on the docks.

Old 12-20-2011, 03:41 PM

10,165 posts, read 20,708,050 times
I think belly button rings are cute. The way I look at the tramp stamp thing, I think most girls who rushed out to get them when they were all the rage, probably regret it now. I don't hold it against them, we've all done things in our youth that we wouldn't do today. Some just took it to another level. Look at all the dudes who got barbed wire tattoo's going around their arms around that time. I'd bet anything that half the people walking around with tattoo's who got them in their teens or 20's and are now 35 and older wish they didn't have them.

I once went to basic training with a guy who had a crude tattoo a friend did for him in his garage while drunk, it was a sloppily written four letter word beginning with "f", needless to say he regretted that one. It didn't make him a bad guy or any less of a person, it was just a poor judgment call on his part. The difference between he and I is, I didn't have any permanent evidence on display of some of my less than brilliant life choices.

Old 12-20-2011, 03:48 PM

217 posts, read 429,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I think belly button rings are cute. The way I look at the tramp stamp thing, I think most girls who rushed out to get them when they were all the rage, probably regret it now. I don't hold it against them, we've all done things in our youth that we wouldn't do today. Some just took it to another level. Look at all the dudes who got barbed wire tattoo's going around their arms around that time. I'd bet anything that half the people walking around with tattoo's who got them in their teens or 20's and are now 35 and older wish they didn't have them.

I once went to basic training with a guy who had a crude tattoo a friend did for him in his garage while drunk, it was a sloppily written four letter word beginning with "f", needless to say he regretted that one. It didn't make him a bad guy or any less of a person, it was just a poor judgment call on his part. The difference between he and I is, I didn't have any permanent evidence on display of some of my less than brilliant life choices.
I hate saying this, but I do tend to think people that would make decisions based on what is trendy and all in the "rage" probably aren't the kind of people I would want in my life anyway. People that tend to make stupid decisions like that, probably make more stupid decisions as well. Trouble is, that seems to be a lot of people LOL.

Old 12-20-2011, 03:53 PM

538 posts, read 1,517,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMoon17 View Post
Men, do you find them sexy on a woman provided she has a nice body
Totally gross on ALL bodies.

Old 12-20-2011, 03:54 PM

538 posts, read 1,517,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
Nobody ever knows I have a piercing until we sleep together.
Except for the 50+ times a day your tummy shows and you just don't realize it.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:22 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,377,389 times
I have 3 tattoos. I don't think men mind them as long as they are tastefully done. I have one of my ankle, upper left side of back and arm. But I have seen some women with them on their neck and head. That's not cute or sexy.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:34 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,389,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonata36 View Post
Except for the 50+ times a day your tummy shows and you just don't realize it.
ya..exactly..

I'm only 5'4..do you not see how long tops are these days? they're all really long on me and cover everything, so like I said, nobody even knows I have one until I sleep with that person...get over yourself.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:43 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,360,867 times
Tramp stamp is unattractive but informational. It either says: "I'm a lesbian (or would like to be one)" or, "I'll do it with you bent over the sink in the restroom." Once you figure out which it is, the rest is easy.

Body piercings are informational too. They say: "I have really, really low self esteem." While low self esteem is usually a good thing in a date, the level of low self esteem that is reflected by such things as lip and nose piercings is just too much for a normal man to want to cope with. Three earring holes, OK. You can make her have sex while the TV is on and she won't mind. But a lip and an eyebrow or worse and she will be cutting herself in the bathroom if you don't come home some night.

I say, ask when she got the tramp stamp. If she was in college at Vassar, get away quickly. If she was a bar maid at a Mexican restaurant with a live music when she got it, stop at the drugstore on the way to dinner with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships