Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 07:47 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,300,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
tattoos, tramp stamps etc....are fine for a fast roll in the hay.....but 50 years from now. they're gonna look considerably different.
In 50 years your face, and other parts are going to look considerably different. What's your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock1729 View Post

They are informational, just not about her. The meanings you assign to piercings and tramp stamps say nothing about her, but speak volumes about you.
+1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 07:56 PM

1,775 posts, read 3,784,458 times
Gross. Dont have either and never will. A guy I dated was happy I never had one since it made me seem more "virginal" somehow. I dont understand why anyone would permanently want to mark their skin with tattoos. Just buy art if you like pictures!

Old 12-20-2011, 08:03 PM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
I dont understand why anyone would permanently want to mark their skin with tattoos. Just buy art if you like pictures!
Obviously you wouldn't understand because you're not an artist. DERP.

(lol for the record, i do not possess a tramp stamp nor a belly button ring)

Old 12-20-2011, 08:11 PM

1,775 posts, read 3,784,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Obviously you wouldn't understand because you're not an artist. DERP.

(lol for the record, i do not possess a tramp stamp nor a belly button ring)
What does being an artist have anything to do with it? are you saying that artists all have tattoos and belly buttons? Thats funny because my friend has an MFA in Art and Art History - she has none of that sillyness on her body. Theres a difference between APPRECIATING art for art's sake, and going to the greater length of covering your body with one that can't be removed unless you like pain...

So no, I dont understand and that doesnt bother me because I choose not to..

Old 12-20-2011, 08:13 PM

217 posts, read 431,261 times
Quote:
They are informational, just not about her. The meanings you assign to piercings and tramp stamps (personally, I prefer the term "bumper stickers", but suit yourself) say nothing about her, but speak volumes about you.
I tend to think the same thing. Look I feel horrible about putting labels on people, but his thoughts are fairly similar to mine. Would I say this in person to someone with tramp stamps or belly button rings? No of course not. If they asked me what I thought about them I would be honest though. I'm sure people see me and would say that I am conservative and uptight because I dress very professionally and don't have a "fun" look. I realize people all judge each other whether we like to admit it or not. I never was PC which isn't "okay" to many people so sorry if what I am saying comes off as offensive.

To me, it just looks trashy to do that to your body and very teenager like or sorority girl (I don't care how you try to pull it off either...), but hey most guys find that look sexy so these girls with these fashion statements get their pick of the litter! To each his own. If having a tramp stamp and a belly button ring makes you happy and feel confident, wear it girl!

I will admit on a personal level that I would never let my daughter (if I had a daughter) get any piercing other than a hole in her ear if she was underage, and I also wouldn't take her to get thong underwear or bikinis that aren't age appropriate. I wouldn't be the cool mom.

Old 12-20-2011, 08:31 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,205,599 times
Quote:
They are informational, just not about her. The meanings you assign to piercings and tramp stamps (personally, I prefer the term "bumper stickers", but suit yourself) say nothing about her, but speak volumes about you.
and 1. Something I'm starting to realize as I get older is that so many people assume that the only reason others do what they do is to please everyone else. Not very open minded at all.

Old 12-20-2011, 08:44 PM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
Thats funny because my friend has an MFA in Art and Art History - she has none of that sillyness on her body.

Having a degree in art history doesn't make your friend an artist either.

Old 12-20-2011, 08:50 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,450,640 times
tramp stamps are hot but I wouldn't want to date a girl with one.

Old 12-20-2011, 10:27 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,804,334 times
Are they also on Food Stamps?

Old 12-20-2011, 10:38 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Bellybutton piercing is completely normal, tramp stamp is a no-go, small tattoo is no big deal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships