Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 10:30 PM

1,397 posts, read 4,845,089 times

Advertisements

I hope you guys won't laugh at my question, but I find it very serious. First of all, do you ever think that you are having too much sex? I want and can have sex any time of the day, but my husband says that I am not "normal" - that my sex drive is not normal when I want it EVERY day. He always teases me about it, and now I started thinking that something is wrong with me because I want it so much...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2007, 10:34 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,601,320 times
Oh Lastra - my girl, i'm just getting ready to go to bed and I decided to read one more post. I'm so glad I did. I can't wait to get up tommorow and see all your responses - your gonna be popular!! You go girl and I'll rep you one when I get my powers back!!

Old 08-29-2007, 10:41 PM

1,225 posts, read 2,785,750 times
If every woman is like you Lastra, I think there wouldn't be any bored husbands out there...I can wish right..lol..DOnt think something is wrong with you. Seems that ur hubby just doesnt have that mch of a high sex drive as u do.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:49 PM

Thanks JoeandFamily and mjb68. Actually I am taking a sex education class with my husband ( in college ) and there is going to be a whole chapter about sex drive. So I hope that the "professor" says that there is "nothing wrong with me" so I can prove it to my husband.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:52 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,601,320 times
I don't think you need the class honey, there is nothing wrong with you Probably nothing wrong with him either, just has a lower sex drive than most men.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:53 PM

1,225 posts, read 2,785,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastra View Post
Thanks JoeandFamily and mjb68. Actually I am taking a sex education class with my husband ( in college ) and there is going to be a whole chapter about sex drive. So I hope that the "professor" says that there is "nothing wrong with me" so I can prove it to my husband.
Good luck with the class and your hubby..but im sure u both know what u need to know about taking that class

Old 08-29-2007, 10:56 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
OMG. There is something wrong with you.

Just kidding. Of course there's nothing wrong with wanting nay-nay once a day. Or once a week. Or twice a month. Or doubling up on weekends but going the week without. EVERYBODY'S sexual style is different.

What's really more wrong here, is feeling you need your professor to confirm this. What do you feel that would do for your relationship? Will your boyfriend say, "Oh, I didn't realize that," and suddenly start having sex with you every day? I'm asking this honestly, not snottily. Because what you have here is a difference in sex drive and just as there's nothing wrong with yours...there's nothing wrong with his, either.

Now if there were a sudden change in his sex drive, or yours, *that* could indicate a problem, but pointing out that he's the one that's wrong isn't going to help matters. Trust me, saying "I asked all these people on a message board and they agreed that you just have a low sex drive...and then I asked my professor and he totally agreed" is going to be the LAST thing that will turn him on. Telling him he's not as sexy as you are and that other people also feel he's not a stud, is the last thing that's going to get a tent pitched down there.

I say all this not to be mean but to point out that if there is a serious difference in sex drive between two people it can be a problem in the relationship. Can you meet *each other* halfway? See if he feels sexy a little more often, but not every day? This is something that really can cause a rift between two people, eventually. Because the one with the "lesser drive" is bound to feel inferior eventually...and feeling inferior, in my experience and observation, just has never encouraged men in the sexual arena. Instead, they turn off and turn away. Don't let that happen to you...don't ask your professor...talk to *him* about it, and not in an "you're not enough for me" kind of way. Well...I'm sure you're not, but you know what I mean. If you address this now, early on, with tact, things can work out for you. Good luck to both of you!

Old 08-29-2007, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post

What's really more wrong here, is feeling you need your professor to confirm this. What do you feel that would do for your relationship? Will your boyfriend say, "Oh, I didn't realize that," and suddenly start having sex with you every day? I'm asking this honestly, not snottily. Because what you have here is a difference in sex drive and just as there's nothing wrong with yours...there's nothing wrong with his, either.
I know you're not trying to be mean. Well, my husband thinks that having sex EVERY day is not so healthy, and by the time he is 30 he'll have a prosthetic hip. He is joking about that one ( the hip thing ). Although some of his friends were telling him that too much sex can have negative results on your heart, as well as too little. So he always wanted to ask someone in "medical" field is that true or not. Being that our professor is actually a doctor...Maybe that will answer that question.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:05 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
LOL--it's healthy. Don't allow anyone to make you feel bad about yourself.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:23 AM

219 posts, read 717,874 times
1. You are not weird. There is nothing wrong with wanting to have sex with your husband everyday.

2. No, having sex everyday won't have some negative impact on his cardiac health. It's actually most likely helping prevent prostate cancer for him - I could reference some literature if needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships