Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 08:22 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
lunch date = friend zone

If you want to bang her, don't take her out to dinner. Hang out with her somewhere, once you've banged her then you can decide if you want to "invest" in something like dinner. She might not be that interesting or worth it to begin with.

You can chill with her out in the day, but stay away from "safe" venues like lunch or coffee. You can't really build any type of sexual atmosphere with these venues. Your basically setting yourself up to be labeled as that nice guy supplying her ego with attention (and getting no @zz).

I'm curious to hear more about the logistics of your situation, that seems to be where your problem is.
I have to say the same women want to hang out with me again and again, and keep investing their time in me, becoz I never try to get into their bed.

You fellas are desperate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 08:24 AM

538 posts, read 1,521,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Okay so I'm asking out this girl on a date when she gets back in town. I'm debating on whether to ask her out to lunch or dinner. Lunch might be easier since blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahbl ahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah

Thoughts?
Wow. You are already thinking about this way too much, only a few words into your post. I recognize it because I used to be a severe over-thinker, too. Well, I still am, but we are talking about you here, not me.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:28 AM

526 posts, read 955,192 times
Lunch = Business
Dinner = Romance

Women like to be taken out for dinner. If transportation is an issue, then go out for a quick drink so that she can get home early and safe. But please, don't take her out for lunch if you want to convey to her that you are really interested. Just a girl's opinion.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:18 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,690,230 times
Thanks for the input all

@Sonata yeah man I do overthink things. I'm considering some other options as well though, I hear picnics and ice skating are both good first dates lol.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:21 AM

1,351 posts, read 2,900,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I have to say the same women want to hang out with me again and again, and keep investing their time in me, becoz I have no chance to get into their bed.

You fellas are desperate
fixed

Old 12-22-2011, 09:31 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
If it's a lunch date, do it on the weekend. That way, if the chemistry is there, you can both leave together and do other things. If you schedule it during the week, there would be the time pressure to get back to the office, etc. etc. She'd be constantly checking her e-mail or responding to text messages.

Personally, I think drinks and dinner is better. Just don't do it at some over-the-top Chez Riche place. That makes it look as if you're trying too hard. Instead, take her to some cool hole in the wall with panache, the kind of place that's more comfortable--but not making it look as if you're just catching up on old times. If it's a little off the beaten track, she'll pick up that you're a man of discernment who doesn't follow the crowd. In a place like that, the waiter would be professional yet engaging, and clicks his heels when you order the wine with authority and élan. The lighting is subdued, but not dim. The crowd is convivial, but not loud. And, above all, make sure you are polite and friendly with the waiter. Treat him like your guide through the evening, not just the servant who brings you the food. He'll be grateful and treat you accordingly. Women pick up on things like that, for how you treat the waiter tells how you'll be treating her in six months.

Then, if things are going well, have something in your back pocket for after dinner. Heck, Washington is filled with cool things to do. Just something different and offbeat, like an after-hours art show or something of that ilk. Then dessert and coffee. Find cool little reasons to extend the evening a little longer without making things a slog. The minute her attention looks like it's beginning to flag, call it a night and make it look like your idea, not hers. And unless she is sticking her tongue in your ear at the end of the night, don't try and coax her into bed. She'll find it refreshing.

Last edited by cpg35223; 12-22-2011 at 09:44 AM..

Old 12-22-2011, 09:44 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,233,514 times
There's nothing wrong with going to lunch. That leaves you with more hours during the day to hang out, especially if you're enjoying each other's company. You can ask her by saying something like, "Thought maybe we can grab some lunch or a bite and maybe hang out a while, walk around the city, go to a museum or something." You have a date for the whole afternoon. And considering your situtations where you live and lack of public transportation, daytime might be better unless you take the cab route. If this is your 1st date with her, I would go the casual way but still let her know you're romantically interested.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:02 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysianEagle View Post
fixed
I don't work that way. Little Antlered Chamataka is not a man ho or a cheap piece of penis. If that thumbs up helped you increase your imaginary self-worth when faced with disproving desperation, I'm glad I could help

Old 12-22-2011, 04:59 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,231,509 times
IMHO, lunch is good, but I wouldn't consider it a real "date". It's a small step up from having a coffee break in the office lounge, but if you're interested in the gal, use the lunch as a good time to ask her out for more. "This has been fun but too short. How about dinner Friday night?"

Old 12-22-2011, 05:09 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Dinner is more expensive if that's an issue as well.

I think a light lunch with a strole through the park or some place warm to talk, it would also convey you are trying to be more than just a friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships