U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-23-2011, 12:15 PM
 
663 posts, read 843,442 times
Reputation: 940

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by XmadisonX;
I was JUST curious about the reason why he did not make a complaint that was it. I am not interested inhim if i was its 4 months that i let him go i would have contacted him. It was odd that after 4 months this came up. I think anyone would be curious if they left a guy and called his wife in Aug and then got a call in Dec from a detective regarding a police report. NOOOOOOOOO???
Perhaps you haven't contacted him because he told you to not call his cell. Or his wife told you not to. You can safely assume his wife now peruses his cell bill, probably daily, like a hawk waiting to kill its supper.

His recent text to you = booty call attempt #1, probably while he was drunk and gathered enough courage to overlook how his wife will kill him if she notices it on the bill. She will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-23-2011, 05:33 PM
 
47,578 posts, read 55,163,885 times
Reputation: 22053
Quote:
Originally Posted by XmadisonX View Post
I was JUST curious about the reason why he did not make a complaint that was it. I am not interested inhim if i was its 4 months that i let him go i would have contacted him. It was odd that after 4 months this came up. I think anyone would be curious if they left a guy and called his wife in Aug and then got a call in Dec from a detective regarding a police report. NOOOOOOOOO???
Yeah, the reason he didn't make a complaint is his wife does that, he doesn't need to make one.

Sure he would have gone on lying to you but he got caught so he let his wife take care of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2011, 05:43 PM
 
47,578 posts, read 55,163,885 times
Reputation: 22053
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurePugx3 View Post
I agree, no one seemed as though they were being overly harsh with the OP.

I don't think the OP told the wife in order to help her out. I think she did so because she was angry or otherwise upset and wanted to exact some sort of revenge on the guy. Ultimately while hoping the guy was still into her, not his wife. Maybe the wife wants to stick her head in the sand and believe her husband.....easier to "shoot the messenger" than face facts. Maybe the OP wouldn't leave the wife/situation alone after telling her once, who knows. There had to be some reason the cops were called.
I actually believe she may have. Or it was a mixture of motives but she might have thought the wife should know what her husband was pulling. Some people as much as it would hurt them would want to know if their spouse was cheating and may assume others also want to know.

Some people will find out about adultery and see the vows as broken and it's over but for some, finding out about adultery just begins another soap opera episode in their lives, they crave the drama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2011, 05:45 PM
 
Location: southern california
53,432 posts, read 68,342,798 times
Reputation: 45012
very few women date a married man and dont know it. but many date a married man and dont wana know it. the lack of remorse of single women dating married men on CDF is numbing.
it would seem that adultery is now defined as a male defect of character.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2011, 05:48 PM
 
Location: 757 raised and 703 living
21,300 posts, read 29,219,935 times
Reputation: 27086
Honey, just walk away from the situation. Any more thought or action will just further denotate things. Just walk away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2011, 05:48 PM
 
663 posts, read 843,442 times
Reputation: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
very few women date a married man and dont know it. but many date a married man and dont wana know it.
Yep!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2011, 05:52 PM
 
663 posts, read 843,442 times
Reputation: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute;
I actually believe she may have. Or it was a mixture of motives but she might have thought the wife should know what her husband was pulling. Some people as much as it would hurt them would want to know if their spouse was cheating and may assume others also want to know.

Some people will find out about adultery and see the vows as broken and it's over but for some, finding out about adultery just begins another soap opera episode in their lives, they crave the drama.
I get what you're saying but her mention of his text message and wondering if he wanted to communicate with her, it just sounds like she's hopeful he'll come back around. Which I believe she hopes for. As for the wife, it's easier to be angry at/blame the mistress than the husband, especially if they are trying to "work it out."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2011, 08:49 PM
 
95 posts, read 207,591 times
Reputation: 157
I find it strange that you say you're hurt and indignant about the complaint filing (initial post). I'd think you'd be relieved the reaction wasn't worse...
There's probably a lot of tension and hardship between them right now which you are spared from as the outside party. Plus the wife could have gotten much more personal about it all towards you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2011, 08:57 PM
 
139 posts, read 117,104 times
Reputation: 114
I am SCHOCKED since I ended this in August and then Hit ME In The Face Right Before Xmas.... I never contacted him since Aug 25. I never thought he would ever call me or contact me again. That is why this is all odd. I have moved on and I have a right to wonder why on earth would a person wait this long to make a formal complaint and why is he alllllllllll of a sudden contacting me.

But like many of you said an I agree with move on and keep moving fast and do not allow this man back into your life ever.

A friend said maybe he did this to another gal and the gal started calling his home and he figured let me just put the blame on me the initial caller so his wife does not suspect another women is in the picture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2011, 09:23 PM
 
95 posts, read 207,591 times
Reputation: 157
I guess I'm thinking that, on the bright side, things could have gotten a lot more gnarly than the odd timing of a complaint by her. As for your curiosity about the timing, while you exited in Aug, I'm sure the aftermath between the two of them has been ongoing since; so maybe it hit a head and she now took action.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top