Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 10:39 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Unless you have a tracking device on him, no you don't. Also, knowing where he is isn't the same as knowing what he's doing.
Totally agree!

Heck when I was a teen I'd tell my mom "I'm at Robin's house" meanwhile I was over my boyfriends house. Sure, she "knew" where I was 24/7...she knew what I told her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 10:40 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,484,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
Anyone that dates a married man or woman gets what they deserve. There are billions of single people out there. Cast your net in their direction. And stop complaining when the drama descends on YOU, since you stupidly got involved in this mess in the first place!

And Kitty:

You mean "morality."
Well. If you cheat on the wrong lady it COULD mean "mortality!"

Old 12-22-2011, 02:14 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
I think it's much more likely that the husband is deluding her.

Accepted, she may be in denial a little, but if the guy's a serial philanderer, they can often be extremely charming and totally persuasive
I would guess she's only deluding herself.

Some women (and men) refuse to see the obvious even when they're hit over the head with it.

To some people, just the fact that someone else was having sex with their spouse just makes the spouse all that much more desireable to them.

I think it's a mental illness. I suspect the wife loves the drama, she has beat out yet another woman preying upon her man. She feels like a winner again.

Old 12-22-2011, 02:18 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Am I missing something here? Did she not clearly indicate that she was NOT aware that he was a married man?
And you think she could not have seen any signs? One obvious sign, he doesn't bring the girlfriend to meet his parents, or his friends, and no one where he works can know about her. He doesn't answer the phone at times when he should be able to answer them if he were single.

I can see how someone might have a couple dates with a married person but by then they should be catching on.

Old 12-22-2011, 02:43 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,357,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And you think she could not have seen any signs? One obvious sign, he doesn't bring the girlfriend to meet his parents, or his friends, and no one where he works can know about her. He doesn't answer the phone at times when he should be able to answer them if he were single.

I can see how someone might have a couple dates with a married person but by then they should be catching on.
smh..not everyone has the ability to detect these "signs." And frankly these situations happen more frequently than we care to know about. I mean the reaction of the cheat's wife should tell you how convincing he is wrt to these sort of acts.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:39 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
First-time poster with lots of drama. Hmmmm.
I don't know why this always surprises you when it's actually quite natural. The person has never posted on a forum, has no ties to the people, and absolutely doesn't care what they think about her/him. It's actually quite logical. I'd be way more surprised if regulars post this sort of drama. Do you really expect me, for instance, to tell you if I were having an affair with a married man...?

Old 12-22-2011, 09:52 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,810,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I don't know why this always surprises you when it's actually quite natural. The person has never posted on a forum, has no ties to the people, and absolutely doesn't care what they think about her/him. It's actually quite logical. I'd be way more surprised if regulars post this sort of drama. Do you really expect me, for instance, to tell you if I were having an affair with a married man...?

There was at least one one other post by the OP: What Can I Expect If I Visit A Pyschologist / Ph.D

Old 12-23-2011, 12:28 AM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Good post

I don't understand all the venom towards the OP
. Her boyfriend lied to her so she informed his wife about his cheating behavior. The wife may be in denial but at least the OP was honest with her.
What venom? I don't think anyone has responded in that way. And the whole point of her post, and what most people are responding to, is the fact that she is wondering why the wife reported her call to the police, and not the man...as if that means he still wants to be with her or something. It's very much gradeschool naivete...THAT is the the point being made. Nothing venomous about that.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:31 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,472,832 times
Dating married men?

Don't.

Old 12-23-2011, 04:47 AM

663 posts, read 1,081,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom;
What venom? I don't think anyone has responded in that way. And the whole point of her post, and what most people are responding to, is the fact that she is wondering why the wife reported her call to the police, and not the man...as if that means he still wants to be with her or something. It's very much gradeschool naivete...THAT is the the point being made. Nothing venomous about that.
I agree, no one seemed as though they were being overly harsh with the OP.

I don't think the OP told the wife in order to help her out. I think she did so because she was angry or otherwise upset and wanted to exact some sort of revenge on the guy. Ultimately while hoping the guy was still into her, not his wife. Maybe the wife wants to stick her head in the sand and believe her husband.....easier to "shoot the messenger" than face facts. Maybe the OP wouldn't leave the wife/situation alone after telling her once, who knows. There had to be some reason the cops were called.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships