Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 08:05 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudra View Post
Traditional MALE NONSENSE . Not only have I not for even one second used my husband's name, it is the TRADITION FOR US to KEEP OURS! We don't really use the term maiden name because our name is our name ! Some women do, but nobody gets upset- you don't like it when the tradition doesn't suit YOU, huh ?
Huh? I don't think you even know what you are talking about. Who said anything about when tradition doesnt suit me? So you never used your husband's name, good for you, did I say that was wrong? Nope i never did. Just because something is not for me, does that mean I think it is wrong if someone doesnt do the same? No

If that were the case, since you are married to you husband and not engaging in homosexual activities because it isnt for you, does that mean you think anyone who does is wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 08:22 AM

36,494 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Did your first husband pass away?

Btw, this oxymoron is quite hilarious - I divorced "dear husband"! Had he been so dear, you probably wouldn't have divorced him. Or do you use "dh" interchangeably for "dear" and "deadbeat" perhaps...?

LOL. No, well yes he did pass but I went back to that name because we had children together and I prefered to have the same last name as my children over my madian or keeping dh#2's name.

I use dh not necessarily for dear husband, more like robert cranium.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:24 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Of course I would not take hers that does not equate into sexism, that equates into traditionalism. This just happens to be one area that I remain old fashioned. One belief does a sexist not make.. people are too quick to throw around any and all (fill in the blank)ist labels.

Of course not,as it is your personal preference not to take her name. However not marrying a woman over the simple fact she not bow to your archaic views of the universe is sexist.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:32 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Of course not,as it is your personal preference not to take her name. However not marrying a woman over the simple fact she not bow to your archaic views of the universe is sexist.
maybe you need to look up the word sexist and find the definition, then you may use the word, otherwise, you just look like a fool.

I prefer to marry a woman that holds similar views as me, that is not sexist. you can try and twist things all you want, but that does not change what it is.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:33 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
LOL. No, well yes he did pass but I went back to that name because we had children together and I prefered to have the same last name as my children over my madian or keeping dh#2's name.

I use dh not necessarily for dear husband, more like robert cranium.
Well, if he passed, it makes sense to me even if you didn't have children...

Old 12-23-2011, 08:37 AM

313 posts, read 406,611 times
Quote:
wow, talk about prejudiced, are you racist also? Since you are going to make assumptions that rhawkins is sexist, I will make the assumption you are racist.

Should I tell you that your racist views of black people are archaic?

I believe it is wrong for a woman to not take her husbands last name, which is part of the reason I took my husbands last name, so does that mean I am sexist against women also?

Old 12-23-2011, 08:40 AM

956 posts, read 1,766,726 times
Quote:
Thanks, Lucid.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:42 AM

313 posts, read 406,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudra View Post
Thanks, Lucid.
awww.. ignorance can be bliss....

heck I would bet rhawkins is less sexist than your husband on a good day.

1,280 posts, read 6,977,263 times
I added my husband to my life and added his name to mine, no hyphens. Now I have 4 names instead of 3. He would have been totally fine if I'd just left my name the way it was but I wanted to change it.

956 posts, read 1,766,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metye7 View Post
wow, talk about prejudiced, are you racist also? Since you are going to make assumptions that rhawkins is sexist, I will make the assumption you are racist.

Should I tell you that your racist views of black people are archaic?

I believe it is wrong for a woman to not take her husbands last name, which is part of the reason I took my husbands last name, so does that mean I am sexist against women also?
Did you read my post in the previous page about the fact that it is NOT the CUSTOM or LEGAL OBLIGATION for some? Bad enough to have unreasonable MEN but to have to battle OTHER WOMEN ? You are an apologist,fine if you want to take hubby's name. It doesn't make anyone a better wife, just like wearing two crosses doesn't make me a good Christian.And your silly remarks about sexism proof about your reasoning ability. I'm done with this .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships