Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 09:13 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,470,434 times

Advertisements

The REALITY is that we DO train our partners! It's a two-way street, though. Through compromise or adapting or adjusting to each other to make living together easier, we train each other to make it work. This is often unconscious, but it can also be conscious. Training can be a good thing - it depends on the motivation and the result.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 09:15 AM

220 posts, read 376,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
The REALITY is that we DO train our partners! It's a two-way street, though. Through compromise or adapting or adjusting to each other to make living together easier, we train each other to make it work. This is often unconscious, but it can also be conscious. Training can be a good thing - it depends on the motivation and the result.
...said Pavlov.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:53 AM

26 posts, read 21,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Come on boys, how do you do it ?

LOL: "Train" your wife. You mean like you "train" a dog?

Damn, if my wife heard me use that term in regards to attmepting to instill certain habits or changes in her I'd be sleepin' on the couch for a week.
Oh, I just realized from your Screen Name that you're most likely female. That explains it: no married male--with the exception of some braindead alligator wrestling, NASCAR watching rednecks, would ever even dream about trying to train our wives. We long ago put away such childish notions. LOL. Like it or not guys, most of us are the ones who get trained.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:05 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,470,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBanson View Post
...said Pavlov.
LOL I may be the one who drools when she walks into the room, but I also "trained" her to dress sexily for me, compared to how she used to dress. Everything we've "trained" each other to do has been a win-win scenario and there's nothing devious about it.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:42 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,925,052 times
Failing to give positive reinforcment was my failure.

for this stupidity there is no excuse.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:05 AM

994 posts, read 1,681,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moddestmike View Post
So I guess there is still a large portion of the male population that consider women cattle. "Train you're wife"? You don't own her to begin with, that is unless you endorse some perverse religious doctrine or slavery.

Never been into gender roles, let alone the idea of owning and "training" my wife. 2012 and I still have to listen to this retardation, and sadly; be generalized by most females as one of these screwed up "men".
Well a cowbell IS cheaper then a diamond ring.....just saying

Old 12-27-2011, 02:32 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,197,786 times
Go back to the 20s.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:48 PM

1,006 posts, read 735,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
A woman started this thread btw.

Gonna cry about her also?
Call it what you want but individuals who subscribe to this sort of ideology deserve one another. It's a problem for me when this way of thinking permeates society on a large scale.

"Training" your partner means that they become predictable and boring. The key is to find someone that constantly adds to your life, what fun is he/she if you know exactly how they'll behave at every moment.

Men grow tired of their wives and their neediness, women are disappointed when their husbands grow tired of them along with the constant demands of the husband......all because you've "trained" them to be this way.

Maybe I'm just crazy but I'd much rather be with someone not in need of training. Not looking for a pet.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:00 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,141,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacq63 View Post
OP, not specifically for wives but I'm sure you can adapt it.

The Story of O (1975) - IMDb

Thanks for the most hilarious thread title I've seen in a long time. Just so, so......funny.
I watched that on Netflix last night, if you're looking for retro soft core this is it.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:01 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper_Guy View Post
LOL: "Train" your wife. You mean like you "train" a dog?

Damn, if my wife heard me use that term in regards to attmepting to instill certain habits or changes in her I'd be sleepin' on the couch for a week.
Oh, I just realized from your Screen Name that you're most likely female. That explains it: no married male--with the exception of some braindead alligator wrestling, NASCAR watching rednecks, would ever even dream about trying to train our wives. We long ago put away such childish notions. LOL. Like it or not guys, most of us are the ones who get trained.
I have never slept on the couch.

I do believe you can train your wife in the sense of setting the example.

I also believe you can say things like, "Do I smell coffee?" When she says, "No, there is no coffee on."

~wait for it~

HER: "Would you like me to brew some coffee for you?"

ME: "If it's no trouble that would be nice."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships