Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2012, 02:23 PM

188 posts, read 304,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Or maybe they don't need the companionship of a relationship.
I don't believe that. Almost every woman wants companionship. I think that they just feel attracted to a few "special" men and not to others.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:02 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
You make it sound like there are exactly two types of men and that they are very distinctive. This is hardly the case. Some of the best men that I ever knew were a very long way from your second statement and they had little real luck with women.

The fact is that there is a type of guy who not only has the superficial attributes that women want but also gained the necessary experience with them, when quite young, who has a very large edge. It's difficult to put one's finger on exactly what they have but they move with ease from one to another. Women never seem to tire of them, even after they get a paunch and start to go bald.

Women call it "confidence" but I think it is more their ability to smoothly spread the BS. People, in general, love consummate liars and this is often the skill that they have. Bad behavior never sticks to them but women will attribute their tactics to other decent men who would never consider doing such things.
Women like men with a wide experience in life. They like men who can converse on many topics and savvy enough to be able to gear their conversation to the individual. Men without this experience and talent may call it a 'bs' factor, but it isn't, really.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:16 PM

3 posts, read 1,490 times
women just like men who are not wussy easy...

Old 01-21-2012, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcrophage View Post
women just like men who are not wussy easy...
As a matter of fact, people in general prefer others who are at ease with themselves and with their relationship with the outside world.

The qualities that we admire in others are often qualities that we try to develop within ourselves.

It's true, that some women find these attributes in their women friends and are not desperate for a man's companionship, unless just for sex, which may be a modern development, but you know, it seems as though men have had this attitude towards women for a long time, too.

Old 01-21-2012, 08:14 AM

410 posts, read 515,190 times
I've always found that women are the ones that want deep meaningful relationships, but men usually are the ones that are only looking for one thing. I do want relationships with men. I guess I am old fashioned type.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:51 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck

Women call it "confidence" but I think it is more their ability to smoothly spread the BS. People, in general, love consummate liars and this is often the skill that they have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Women like men with a wide experience in life. They like men who can converse on many topics and savvy enough to be able to gear their conversation to the individual. Men without this experience and talent may call it a 'bs' factor, but it isn't, really.
Quite a stretch equating "consummate liars" with Renaissance men. Sure there are women who appreciate such men. Some are single (well a few) but usually it is older married women who really appreciate them.

My observation is that they stay home many more Saturday nights than they go out.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Sattar View Post
I've always found that women are the ones that want deep meaningful relationships, but men usually are the ones that are only looking for one thing. I do want relationships with men. I guess I am old fashioned type.
Just for curiosity, sexual attraction aside, what is it in a relationship with a man that you can't also get in a relationship with a woman?

I know women who are more logical and analytical than most men, who are capable of forming strong friendships. I really don't think there is such a thing as a man's or woman's perspective, outside of sexual matters.

Old 04-26-2014, 05:21 AM

3 posts, read 1,909 times
I think that women should care more about the people in their lives than their goddamn jobs. If a man becomes a workaholic and spends more time away from his wife and children, women usually frown on that kind of selfish, insensitive, inconsiderate behavior. Well, ladies, it works both ways. Even when I'm working my ass off, maybe even dying to provide food on the table, I will still care more about my family and I will make sure they know that. A lot of ladies out there are being petty. They're not showing their men the kind of love, acceptance and understanding that they want. They equate a man asking them to do something as being evil and patriarchal. If you're not going to work with your men, if you don't want to make him happy, you shouldn't be in a relationship.

Take goldengrains last comment for example:

"Just for curiosity, sexual attraction aside, what is it in a relationship with a man that you can't also get in a relationship with a woman?

I know women who are more logical and analytical than most men, who are capable of forming strong friendships. I really don't think there is such a thing as a man's or woman's perspective, outside of sexual matters."

This kind of attitude is not helping relationships between men and women. You can not tell me that men are bad for having their own perspective, even if it's conservative and not very analytical. Ever hear of loving and accepting someone for who they are? If I had your judgmental attitude toward the opposite sex, I would be single for a long time, because I hate seeing tattoos on women. I guess I'm more capable of accepting and loving my partner for their beliefs. I just want the same respect in return.

I want to be with someone who wants to take care of me. And I want to be with someone who will let me take care of her, when I want or when I can. There is nothing wrong with this desire. But, when feminism preaches to women constantly that they can do everything a man can do, that they don't need a man, that men are only after one thing, it's gonna eventually take a toll on relationships. It's part of a man's biological need to be important, doing physical labor or really important work that serves everyone. Not dumb, Mickey Mouse **** like vacuuming. But, you ladies feel like you can order us around, hold us hostage with your *******... and yet, we can't ask you to do something nicely, without you flipping out, declaring us "patriarchal." That's not exactly fair.

Last edited by LukeMM31; 04-26-2014 at 05:48 AM..

Old 04-26-2014, 05:41 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeMM31 View Post
I think that women should care more about the people in their lives than their goddamn jobs. If a man becomes a workaholic and spends more time away from his wife and children, women usually frown on that kind of selfish, insensitive, inconsiderate behavior. Well, ladies, it works both ways. Even when I'm working my ass off, maybe even dying to provide food on the table, I will still care more about my family and I will make sure they know that. A lot of ladies out there are being petty. They're not showing their men the kind of love, acceptance and understanding that they want. They equate a man asking them to do something as being evil and patriarchal. If you're not going to work with your men, if you don't want to make him happy, you shouldn't be in a relationship.
If they're doing such then it may be suited to reevaluate what is being asked of them. It may that they equate what the guy asking them to do something as being evil and patriarchal.

Egh considering that going by statistics gals generally do all/most of the household and childcare duties I imagine that gals already do care more about the people in their lives than their jobs.

Old 04-26-2014, 06:20 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
I don't need man to complete me or make me happy. I would just like experience what all the fuss is about. I think relationships and feelings are really something that happen out of the blue. They are just icing on a cake. Not the whole cake itself.

I used to be bitter towards the whole thing because everytime a potential relationship would come my way. It never got passed a certain phase. Then I got hurt by someone I really liked. Then I threw myself into wanting to get out of the house and find my own way in life. I didn't want anything to do with guys anymore.

It's pretty much the same with a lot of other women as well. Feminism plays a part as well, but I believe it's mainly the women who have had their feelings hurt are the ones who preach about this the most. Dealing with that pain and not doing anything can really mess you:-) up emotionally, so that is another reason why a lot of people try so hard to distract themselves. It's an automatic response to the fear of getting hurt again.

Now that I am a little older my goal is to simply find my own happiness.

Last edited by Auraliea; 04-26-2014 at 06:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships