Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 12:53 PM

526 posts, read 955,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurePugx3 View Post
Feminist freedom aside (...as I unchain myself from the oven to sit down for a minute....)
LMAO! That was hilarious.

I honestly I am at a point where I want to be with someone but don't need to. I am divorced so I really don't want to go through the whole marriage thing anytime soon, but it sure gets lonely sometimes.

My girlfriends and I are convinced that it's hard to meet a man when you are highly educated, and financially independent. It seems like if you can take care of yourself, some men don't bother. So maybe some men think that we don't "need" them, and it's true, but a lot of us sure want a good man and would be happy to be in a relashionship with the right one. But I am not going to settle just to be with someone.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:57 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,737,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Don’t let it get to you Pure. By altered and poisoned he means western women have opened their eyes and the rest of the babble is just anger because women now have the freedom to behave as men always have. Its hard for some men to accept that women don’t actually, literally, need a man’s paycheck for survival or happiness now that we can earn our own. Financial independence equates to women don’t have to let men control them.

So we are strained from and actual paying job instead of from trading our 24/7 maid, nanny, cook, nurse, accountant, chauffeur, teacher, sex worker for a roof over our head and food.

And we have a few drinks with our co-workers (like men do) to relieve a little job stress instead of running for the shelter of “mother’s little helper”.

And us old feminists are out “walking our dogs” (more like jogging with our dogs to keep in shape and healthy” instead of picking up our husbands dirty socks and undies and cooking his super while he sits in front of the TV.

Yep. Its worth it.
Such a great post.

From one old feminist to another

Old 12-23-2011, 12:59 PM

36,524 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wittic View Post
yeah, well try finding a WOMAN carpenter, plumber, contractor, repair person of any type! :-) they may not need us in a personal relationship, but they';d soon die without us in general.
Yellow pages. Just because you dont see a lot of women in certain fields dosent mean they cant do the job. In the 60's-what 80's, 90's, you would have a hard time finding a WOMAN doctor, dentist, lawyer, CEO, senator, judge, cop, soldier, etc. Now its common place.

I recently found a WOMAN farrier after 20 yrs. of having only men to choose from.

Old 12-23-2011, 01:12 PM

Contrary to the opinion of some men around here, feminists actually like men quite a lot. When people disparage feminists as men haters I think they are actually referring to radical lesbian feminists rather than us more common, everyday feminists who simply want equality. We don't seek to be rulers of men or anything like that.

But it always sounds so much more dramatic when men are bleating and carrying on about how awful women are. Have you guys ever contemplated it's your inability to choose a decent woman?

Old 12-23-2011, 01:15 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wittic View Post
yeah, well try finding a WOMAN carpenter, plumber, contractor, repair person of any type! :-) they may not need us in a personal relationship, but they';d soon die without us in general.
Look at you trying to feel all validated. Cute.

Old 12-23-2011, 01:27 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,277,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
My girlfriends and I are convinced that it's hard to meet a man when you are highly educated, and financially independent. It seems like if you can take care of yourself, some men don't bother
Add to that how women prefer to be with men who are above their level. What woman would want to be providing for a man? Isn’t it the other way around as you mentioned in another thread? If women have a hard time contributing to dating expenses because that is supposed to be a man’s job, imagine when it comes to marriage. So a woman that has a decent job will obviously not settle for the friendly waiter at her favorite restaurant. Seeing a man settle with a woman who is below his level is normal. Like women have agreed before, men are more simple to please.

Old 12-23-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Add to that how women prefer to be with men who are above their level. What woman would want to be providing for a man? Isn’t it the other way around as you mentioned in another thread? If women have a hard time contributing to dating expenses because that is supposed to be a man’s job, imagine when it comes to marriage. So a woman that has a decent job will obviously not settle for the friendly waiter at her favorite restaurant. Seeing a man settle with a woman who is below his level is normal. Like women have agreed before, men are more simple to please.
How weird. I work with a lot of women in an ED, mostly PAs, RNs and Drs and guess what....many of them married men who don't make as much as them

Your little narrow minded world is obviously different to mine.

Old 12-23-2011, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
How weird. I work with a lot of women in an ED, mostly PAs, RNs and Drs and guess what....many of them married men who don't make as much as them

Your little narrow minded world is obviously different to mine.
I can tell you the same thing about who I work with and how women don't settle for men below their level. I am talking about people in the USA as well. Didn't women in this forum even admitted they are interested in men ABOVE their level or at the very least the same?

Interesting article. It mentiones how barely 20% of marriages have women earning more.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/04/18/wi...en-marry-down/

A man's earning power can determine if the girlfriend will want to marry him or not

http://www.psychologytoday.com/artic...en-marry-money

"According to a report researched at the London School of Economics and published by the Centre for Policy Studies, women are more determined than ever to bag a partner who will improve their financial prospects"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/relations...for-money.html

But just like everything, there are exceptions.

Last edited by onihC; 12-23-2011 at 01:48 PM..

Old 12-23-2011, 01:45 PM

3,920 posts, read 6,833,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
I can tell you the same thing about who I work with and how women don't settle for men below their level. I am talking about people in the USA as well. Didn't women in this forum even admitted they are interested in men ABOVE their level or at the very least the same?

Interesting article. It mentiones how barely 20% of marriages have women earning more.

Will women marry down? | The Daily Caller

I agree with him. Maybe the city of Chicago is just full of a bunch of money grubbing materialistic women? For the most part women marry above their income. You might occasionally have an example of the inverse, but I highly doubt it is even 80/20.

I will also say that there is nothing wrong with that and I dont judge for it. I am just being realistic. Its something that is pretty discriminatory towards men, if the women makes more than society sees him as a failure. Sad but true.

Old 12-23-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post
I agree with him. Maybe the city of Chicago is just full of a bunch of money grubbing materialistic women? For the most part women marry above their income. You might occasionally have an example of the inverse, but I highly doubt it is even 80/20.
Not sure when to say a woman is being a money grubbing materialistic goldigging ho or when she is just simply being a woman, you know, with her needs to be in a relationship where she feels provided, protected, cherished, and so on.

Quote:
I will also say that there is nothing wrong with that and I dont judge for it. I am just being realistic. Its something that is pretty discriminatory towards men, if the women makes more than society sees him as a failure. Sad but true.
It's part of the culture I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships