Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 06:15 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times

Advertisements

I'm a quality time chick, according to the assessment. What about y'all?

The 5 Love Languages | The 5 Love Languages®

• Words of Affirmation

Actions don’t always speak louder than words. If this is your love language, unsolicited compliments mean the world to you. Hearing the words, “I love you,” are important—hearing the reasons behind that love sends your spirits skyward. Insults can leave you shattered and are not easily forgotten.
  • Quality Time

In the vernacular of Quality Time, nothing says, “I love you,” like full, undivided attention. Being there for this type of person is critical, but really being there—with the TV off, fork and knife down, and all chores and tasks on standby—makes your significant other feel truly special and loved. Distractions, postponed dates, or the failure to listen can be especially hurtful.
  • Receiving Gifts

Don’t mistake this love language for materialism; the receiver of gifts thrives on the love, thoughtfulness, and effort behind the gift. If you speak this language, the perfect gift or gesture shows that you are known, you are cared for, and you are prized above whatever was sacrificed to bring the gift to you. A missed birthday, anniversary, or a hasty, thoughtless gift would be disastrous—so would the absence of everyday gestures.
  • Acts of Service

Can vacuuming the floors really be an expression of love? Absolutely! Anything you do to ease the burden of responsibilities weighing on an “Acts of Service” person will speak volumes. The words he or she most want to hear: “Let me do that for you.” Laziness, broken commitments, and making more work for them tell speakers of this language their feelings don’t matter.
  • Physical Touch

This language isn’t all about the bedroom. A person whose primary language is Physical Touch is, not surprisingly, very touchy. Hugs, pats on the back, holding hands, and thoughtful touches on the arm, shoulder, or face—they can all be ways to show excitement, concern, care, and love. Physical presence and accessibility are crucial, while neglect or abuse can be unforgivable and destructive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 06:23 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
I'm a polyglot!

Old 12-23-2011, 06:30 AM

519 posts, read 1,049,713 times
Amazing, I was just thinking about this today.

I am 100% touch and my husband is 50% touch and 50% acts of service.

I am 0% recieving gifts - amazingly - yes 0. I HATE getting presents, I prefer to choose my own possesions.

Old 12-23-2011, 06:33 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TumbleBug View Post
I am 0% recieving gifts - amazingly - yes 0. I HATE getting presents, I prefer to choose my own possesions.
Well, I'm a PITA as far as gifts go, too, in a sense that I don't usually like them, but it's the gesture that counts.

Old 12-23-2011, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I'm a polyglot!
I guess I am too, but quality time ranked highest with physical touch coming in a close second. Words of affirmation ranked last.

Old 12-23-2011, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Amazing, I was just thinking about this today.

I am 100% touch and my husband is 50% touch and 50% acts of service.

I love the idea that someone took the time to buy something for me. But it's not a big deal for me.

Old 12-23-2011, 06:47 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,685,596 times
2 and 5 for me. I like the touchy/feely stuff. I don't need presents, just someone who is actually listening to me and knows I'm there.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:48 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,471,479 times
We do all but the giving gifts, and do so a lot. We do give gifts but it's usually small stuff, and while it's definitely appreciated, it's not important to either of us.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:59 AM

519 posts, read 1,049,713 times
I feel I should clarify - I love to give gifts, but if you want me to feel loved ***hug me, kiss me, hold my hand.
Don't buy me something - it leaves me cold.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:01 AM

Quote:
I feel I should clarify - I love to give gifts, but if you want me to feel loved ***hug me, kiss me, hold my hand.
Don't buy me something - it leaves me cold.
Makes sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships