U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 12:22 AM

3,097 posts, read 4,015,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
what is an angry vagina?D

Its the follow up app to angry birds
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2011, 12:31 AM

4,868 posts, read 7,133,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
are you confusing finding someone attractive to being attracted to them?...you can't be attracted to someone and not want to kiss them (assuming no moral dilemmas etc)
haha, yes you're right, I am confusing the two. That's what I meant.

Old 12-24-2011, 06:32 AM

3,572 posts, read 6,205,802 times
Quote:
haha, yes you're right, I am confusing the two. That's what I meant.
I'll admit I'm a bit confused by this and even moreso because I'm a guy and therefore don't understand the feminine perspective. But it seems like you're saying you can recognize a guy as attractive in a more general sense, but there's no sexual attraction or chemistry. I think what you need to do is figure out what you find sexually attractive. You could do this by thinking about a guy you do want to have sex with and about one of these guys you've been on a date with but weren't necessarily sexually attracted to. What makes the difference? What does the sexually attractive guy have that the other doesn't?

Old 12-24-2011, 06:36 AM

3,876 posts, read 7,243,176 times
It happened to me a few times when I was dating.

No romantic relationships sprung from any of those girls, but I did become great friends with a couple of them.

Old 12-24-2011, 06:54 AM

13,233 posts, read 11,784,350 times
Quote:
..not be sexually attracted to that person? Its kind of an odd feeling when I have a good time on a date, think the guy is attractive but have no desire to kiss him or boink him. This is how I feel hanging with my guy friends, except most of them are not attractive lol. I've never experienced this before and no, I'm not a lez..pervs . I just feel like this is not normal or maybe I jsut don't want to date anymore. anyways, ultimately I'll come to a conclusion myself but my big question is, is this normal? has this happened to anyone? I know its called chemistry..but geeze..this is weird.
When this happens to me, it's because while the guy might be reasonably attractive by society's standards, he's not really MY idea of attractive. It's like, he's not bad looking, but he just doesn't have the qualities that get ME going. For instance, George Clooney and David Beckham are good looking guys, but they aren't my idea of attractive and I've never had naughty thoughts about them. That's just based on their looks alone though. I know when you're actually meeting people that their personality will influence your level of attraction to them.

Old 12-24-2011, 07:26 AM

2,392 posts, read 4,928,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
I'll admit I'm a bit confused by this and even moreso because I'm a guy and therefore don't understand the feminine perspective. But it seems like you're saying you can recognize a guy as attractive in a more general sense, but there's no sexual attraction or chemistry. I think what you need to do is figure out what you find sexually attractive. You could do this by thinking about a guy you do want to have sex with and about one of these guys you've been on a date with but weren't necessarily sexually attracted to. What makes the difference? What does the sexually attractive guy have that the other doesn't?
This. For example she may be going on dates with guys that look as good as George Clooney or David Beckham, but she want to f*ck the Travis Barker type guy. Hey OP, is more about the guy needing to have a certain look to make you all hot or is it that he needs to have a certain personality that gets you going?

This is where I think most guys are different from women. Sure guys have a type that gets them all horny, but most will cut with a woman who looks decent and not necessarily our 'usual' type if she's up for it.

Old 12-24-2011, 07:37 AM

10,996 posts, read 11,145,133 times
Physical attraction has nothing to do with lust. That's just the way things are in the real world.

Old 12-24-2011, 07:41 AM

734 posts, read 1,402,606 times
I had a deep crush on this guy for a year. He was my best friend, confidante, and all that. I thought we belong together, and he was really cute. But I've never fantasized about him.

Old 12-24-2011, 08:23 AM

2,392 posts, read 4,928,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetlilac View Post
I had a deep crush on this guy for a year. He was my best friend, confidante, and all that. I thought we belong together, and he was really cute. But I've never fantasized about him.
Ok. But were you physically attracted to him? That is the questions the OP is trying to answer in her mind.

Old 12-24-2011, 08:30 AM

3,441 posts, read 4,989,368 times
That is the "Friend Zone".
I have had many female friends throughout the years where we were "buds" and there were NO sexual thoughts.

There have been other cases where sex WAS the relationship and spending any real time with her was unthinkable.

My ability to have a friendship with a female has caused many issues with husbands and boyfriends.

Last edited by Trackwatch; 12-24-2011 at 09:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or