U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 03:15 PM

4,868 posts, read 7,144,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I tried the whole "maybe an attraction will develop" thing for a short period in my life. It never did, and I felt like a bi-otch for leading them on.
exactly..it sucks to feel like the beotch. the one time it did happen, it really almost didn't and only happened by a hair of a chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2011, 03:19 PM

27,872 posts, read 17,783,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
exactly..it sucks to feel like the beotch. the one time it did happen, it really almost didn't and only happened by a hair of a chance.
It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

Either your shallow and don't give a guy a chance, or you give him a chance and risk the guy feeling used.

Old 12-24-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

Either your shallow and don't give a guy a chance, or you give him a chance and risk the guy feeling used.
exactly and then you get labeled "too picky" and one friend even said "well...you seem to be very drawn to a certain type" and she based that off of 2 guys I brought around..out of like 20 she never met who were not that "type". oh well.

Old 12-24-2011, 04:23 PM

14,072 posts, read 20,195,290 times
Yes, I'm in the same boat with a very well off older attorney friend of mine. Good looking, in great shape and successful and has expressed numerous times he'd like to show me what a real man is about, lol. But we are too good of friends to mess up the relationship on my end and although I do find him attractive, my vagina doesn't find him attractive

Old 12-24-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Yes, I'm in the same boat with a very well off older attorney friend of mine. Good looking, in great shape and successful and has expressed numerous times he'd like to show me what a real man is about, lol. But we are too good of friends to mess up the relationship on my end and although I do find him attractive, my vagina doesn't find him attractive
he sounds like a dream man! but I know what you mean..its not a fun feeling.

Old 12-24-2011, 05:19 PM

734 posts, read 1,405,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Ok. But were you physically attracted to him? That is the questions the OP is trying to answer in her mind.
Yes, he was easy on the eyes.

Old 12-24-2011, 06:06 PM

3,441 posts, read 4,999,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMoon17 View Post
I think that means you just want the "package" deal which I think is normal because I want that to. I have heard people say that while they might not be physically attracted to someone at first that they grew to become physically attracted to them due to getting to know them.
Sometimes it is the other way around too, you are physically attracted to someone but after getting to know them the thought of spending more than a few minutes together causes your ears to bleed.

Old 12-27-2011, 01:04 AM

541 posts, read 777,731 times
Quote:
..not be sexually attracted to that person? Its kind of an odd feeling when I have a good time on a date, think the guy is attractive but have no desire to kiss him or boink him. This is how I feel hanging with my guy friends, except most of them are not attractive lol. I've never experienced this before and no, I'm not a lez..pervs . I just feel like this is not normal or maybe I jsut don't want to date anymore. anyways, ultimately I'll come to a conclusion myself but my big question is, is this normal? has this happened to anyone? I know its called chemistry..but geeze..this is weird.

Yes, at first for me I was attracted to him but not sexually. But these days thats all I want is: sleep together. Why I dont know. Its weird.

Old 12-27-2011, 01:35 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,711,794 times
Quote:
..not be sexually attracted to that person? Its kind of an odd feeling when I have a good time on a date, think the guy is attractive but have no desire to kiss him or boink him. This is how I feel hanging with my guy friends, except most of them are not attractive lol. I've never experienced this before and no, I'm not a lez..pervs . I just feel like this is not normal or maybe I jsut don't want to date anymore. anyways, ultimately I'll come to a conclusion myself but my big question is, is this normal? has this happened to anyone? I know its called chemistry..but geeze..this is weird.
I think you really need to sit down and figure out for yourself what's missing. It sounds like you don't know, and that's fine, but once you figure it out you're in a better position to decide if he's able to give whatever-it-is to you.

I def wouldn't try to force something, tho, because if you do, you'll always be unhappy with him no matter how great he is in other ways.

Old 12-27-2011, 01:54 AM

22 posts, read 21,911 times
Default Real Happiness

When you're wondering, then don't move, no matter what the physical attraction. Not many of us would pass up a chance to grab a million dollars. Having the right other is worth much more than that. So don't rush until you can't help yourself, and neither can your other wait. Trust your feelings. I didn't trust myself once and the result was worse than prison (I'm guessing on that one ) Now I'm fine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or