Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 04:30 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,722,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Nope, men have the same problem just by virtue of continually chasing after and pining for women who don't want them or aren't decent human beings. They don't even notice the nice girls.
Nope. Chasing after or pining for women who don't want you isn't the same as specifically seeking out and dating someone that does bad things bc those qualities turn you on like nothing else.

And most guys do notice nice women. However, noticing a woman and actually having a shot with her are two different things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 07:02 PM

305 posts, read 476,508 times
This from the chick who married a billionaire. Her priorities are clearly on "nice guy" ...

Old 12-26-2011, 07:50 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jake Oil View Post
This from the chick who married a billionaire. Her priorities are clearly on "nice guy" ...
Yes, that changes the interpretation a bit. She's trying to make sure people don't get the idea that she married him for his billions of dollars, she married him because he was nice....... sure......

Old 12-27-2011, 01:07 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
The term "nice" gets contorted too much, methinks it's time to discover a more suitable term.
Her quote does make sense though.
Somebody was trying to change nice to "good" recently. That will just make good a 4 letter word to women, like nice is.

Basically, the issue is that most women see any man who has difficulty attracting women as automatically unattractive to them, sight unseen. It is an automatic gut response. Such women all want the guys that other women want. It's a competitive, ego driven thing and they don't want to lose status with their girl friends.

Once a guy is labeled "nice" or "good" or whatever word you choose, he is toast. He may as well move. The opposite is also true. Desirable men can be grade A jerks, everyone is aware of it and women will still line up to try to tame them.

Old 12-27-2011, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes, that changes the interpretation a bit. She's trying to make sure people don't get the idea that she married him for his billions of dollars, she married him because he was nice....... sure......
"Nice" men who are desirable, open their wallets wide. A rare breed indeed.

Old 12-27-2011, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
Why would anyone be attracted to anyone who wasn't "nice?" So people actually go after mean, sadistic losers for romance or friends?

Why?
And in related news, today's paper has a front page article telling us that the women's shelters are overflowing this Xmas.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:18 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,196,723 times
I'm 92% sure that was taken out of context.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:01 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,865,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
Mod cut: Orphaned.
I've found that indifference is key. Learned the hard way that "going out of your way for her affection" rarely works unless she wants something from you and reality shows they find guys that do that are creeps. Took a few years to shred that "creep" label since reputation sticks with you because some people can't think beyond with their peers tell them to think.

Truth be told, I'm led to believe many women were conditioned to think men are creeps by various media outlets to scare them to thinking that way (Like rape scare tactics). It's amazing how powerful a tool "fear" can do to a person. They could easily confuse a nice guy as just another guy that wants the goods. Beyond the fact that being nice has been shown as some act of de-masculinity.

The moment I've decided to stop all that white-knighting and kept to myself is when the attention starts. Lots of stares, hidden smiles, even flirting (mainly from married or single mothers) to real bizarre but rare incidents like finding a phone number behind a grocery recipt, facebook requests from those who wouldn't of given me the time of day so long ago, anon phone/text, etc. I just have fun with it for a day and leave it at that. I'm not really rolling in the dough, or have the right physique, and drive an inexpensive car so make that what you will.

It's that mysteriousness I guess, they're trying to figure me out and I keep them guessing. A fun social experiment if it doesn't backfire!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-27-2011 at 08:29 PM..

Old 12-27-2011, 08:06 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
She's trying to make sure people don't get the idea that she married him for his billions of dollars, she married him because he was nice....... sure......

Well she definitely didn't marry him for his looks!

Old 12-27-2011, 08:11 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Well she definitely didn't marry him for his looks!
I don't have a problem with his looks. He's very well-dressed and probably charming. However, THIS is a bit of a problem...

Salma Hayek’s Husband Fathered Two Babies at the Same Time | The Blemish
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships