Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 06:30 AM

332 posts, read 528,789 times

Advertisements

Well, it's Christmas Day and people are out trying to enjoy time with their families. There are some people though like myself who feel a little bit lonely, yet it's not something I find bothersome at all.

Christmas is a time of giving and receiving, as well as showing love for one another. In my case, I'm looking to find love.

I currently have an online dating profile at datehookup.com. To go into a little more detail, it's actually my 7th profile on there. When I created my 6th profile 2 weeks ago, I deleted it after only 5 days. 4 days later which would lead to this past Monday morning, I decided to put up my 7th profile and have not deleted it since.

I came with the impression that when I put up my current 7th profile it would be better than my 6th one. The first day, which was last Monday, would produce my best results as I viewed about 28 women, got 5 views of my page, and the one that replied not far from where I live gave me her number so I could text her. As of far, we haven't lost contact yet.

There's also another woman I'm actually speaking to while on Date Hookup itself, and she actually lives in the same city I'm from. Yesterday she messaged me once since she has to work on Christmas, but she took the time to say Merry Christmas, and I replied back to her.

On Date Hookup, you can send winks(but not to everybody), add people to your Friend list(I have 3 friends on my profile so far) or Favorite list so you can keep track of them, but you could also leave them a message which I understand is most important in how it's delivered. Monday was a good day, but since Tuesday I send some winks, friend requests, and messages in which in most of them I put forth some thinking and they either have not read it yet, read it and not replied as of yet, or deleted them. As of this Christmas morning, I viewed about 135 different women and got only 12 views of my page. A bit surprising being that my 6th profile in which I lasted 5 days I've viewed over 160 times and got 18 views.

Before I created my 6th profile, it's been a few months since I've created my 5th. 2012 is almost here, and I'm trying to spend the last 7 days of 2011 preparing to be the best I can be once the new year hits. I go to college, I'm looking for at least a part-time job(I put this 1 local Best Buy store at the top of my list) in which I could hopefully land before March 31st, and I'm planning to take my road test for the 2nd time in March. Those are some of my goals for next year.

I understand that love takes time as well as has it's good and bad. I've had profiles on a couple sites including Match.com(which that profile has been deleted for almost a year) which I signed up for back in September 2006, but I didn't pay for a 6 month premium subscription until late July 2010.

I'm 23, African-American, and a college student, and I'm trying to make myself a better person now and in the future. I also want to find that special person in my life who would lift me up through the good and the bad. Whether or not I have an online dating profile or speak to women in real life, there's one question that I wonder if I've come to realize.

Would I be much more successful if I made a first impression?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2011, 07:37 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,685,048 times
You're doing all you can right now. It is the holiday season and many people are just too busy with family stuff. So hang in there and don't delete! Someone may have checked you out quickly, had to go take care of obligations, and if they come back later to find you, well, you've deleted your profile!

I wish you the best of luck in the new year

Old 12-25-2011, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
You're doing all you can right now. It is the holiday season and many people are just too busy with family stuff. So hang in there and don't delete! Someone may have checked you out quickly, had to go take care of obligations, and if they come back later to find you, well, you've deleted your profile!

I wish you the best of luck in the new year
Thanks a lot Red! Happy holidays and New Years' to you and your family!

Old 12-25-2011, 08:08 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael212 View Post
Well, it's Christmas Day and people are out trying to enjoy time with their families. There are some people though like myself who feel a little bit lonely, yet it's not something I find bothersome at all.

Christmas is a time of giving and receiving, as well as showing love for one another. In my case, I'm looking to find love.

I currently have an online dating profile at datehookup.com. To go into a little more detail, it's actually my 7th profile on there. When I created my 6th profile 2 weeks ago, I deleted it after only 5 days. 4 days later which would lead to this past Monday morning, I decided to put up my 7th profile and have not deleted it since.

I came with the impression that when I put up my current 7th profile it would be better than my 6th one. The first day, which was last Monday, would produce my best results as I viewed about 28 women, got 5 views of my page, and the one that replied not far from where I live gave me her number so I could text her. As of far, we haven't lost contact yet.

There's also another woman I'm actually speaking to while on Date Hookup itself, and she actually lives in the same city I'm from. Yesterday she messaged me once since she has to work on Christmas, but she took the time to say Merry Christmas, and I replied back to her.

On Date Hookup, you can send winks(but not to everybody), add people to your Friend list(I have 3 friends on my profile so far) or Favorite list so you can keep track of them, but you could also leave them a message which I understand is most important in how it's delivered. Monday was a good day, but since Tuesday I send some winks, friend requests, and messages in which in most of them I put forth some thinking and they either have not read it yet, read it and not replied as of yet, or deleted them. As of this Christmas morning, I viewed about 135 different women and got only 12 views of my page. A bit surprising being that my 6th profile in which I lasted 5 days I've viewed over 160 times and got 18 views.

Before I created my 6th profile, it's been a few months since I've created my 5th. 2012 is almost here, and I'm trying to spend the last 7 days of 2011 preparing to be the best I can be once the new year hits. I go to college, I'm looking for at least a part-time job(I put this 1 local Best Buy store at the top of my list) in which I could hopefully land before March 31st, and I'm planning to take my road test for the 2nd time in March. Those are some of my goals for next year.

I understand that love takes time as well as has it's good and bad. I've had profiles on a couple sites including Match.com(which that profile has been deleted for almost a year) which I signed up for back in September 2006, but I didn't pay for a 6 month premium subscription until late July 2010.

I'm 23, African-American, and a college student, and I'm trying to make myself a better person now and in the future. I also want to find that special person in my life who would lift me up through the good and the bad. Whether or not I have an online dating profile or speak to women in real life, there's one question that I wonder if I've come to realize.

Would I be much more successful if I made a first impression?
1) needy
2) clingy
3) feeling "incomplete'
4) unhappy

if you have any issues with 1 through 4, you are not going to be successful in dating. Fix 1-4, then go get them tiger!

Also, it's kind of unhealthy to look for someone to "lift you up". I'd hate to be that poor soul.

YOUR job is to keep yourself happy and lift yourself up. Girls will follow.

Also, don't catch yourself with number 5 either

5) desperate.

And then I created my 500th profile.... why isnt it working?

Dude, you're just 23. Plenty of time left to date and get laid. And "find love", yes that too. RELAX!

Old 12-25-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney1987 View Post
1) needy
2) clingy
3) feeling "incomplete'
4) unhappy

if you have any issues with 1 through 4, you are not going to be successful in dating. Fix 1-4, then go get them tiger!

Also, it's kind of unhealthy to look for someone to "lift you up". I'd hate to be that poor soul.

YOUR job is to keep yourself happy and lift yourself up. Girls will follow.

Also, don't catch yourself with number 5 either

5) desperate.

And then I created my 500th profile.... why isnt it working?

Dude, you're just 23. Plenty of time left to date and get laid. And "find love", yes that too. RELAX!
Surely, I'm not any of those 5 things or want to be. I also plan to keep my Date Hookup profile throughout 2012 knowing it's going to take a long while until I find someone.

Old 12-25-2011, 12:23 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,447,211 times
Look, you are as good as gold. If you are a half decent man who likes educated women, it seems you'd have no trouble finding a real girlfriend in the real world. Check out the statisics on how hard it is for women of your own race to find a partner who has half the potential you have, by simply making it to college.

Show yourself. Get involved in life away from your "profile" and let some of those smart women chase you.

Old 12-25-2011, 12:25 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,306,974 times
son, your only 23.

I'm going to be very real with you right now.

Its good that your in school and all but to make the first impression you've gotta feel good about yourself and what your doing in your life right now. I think it's a good thing for young men to raise their value. I wouldn't be concerned too much with having a relationship at your age, but flings are great. Take the time and travel if you can, if you can't afford to do any international traveling just visit places in your locality or nearby metro areas.

Learn languages, learn about new foods, learn to cook those foods etc.

Making a great impression really has to do with how you feel, no one can validate you at the end of the day but yourself. People who are attention w ho rrr es and approval seekers have a bad aura around them. I would also say to choose who hangs around you in your social circle, that also determines a lot about how you feel about yourself (and where your going in life).

Don't be afraid to actually approach women as well, I've always found dating sites to be very passive. Sure you might get shot down but that's approaching is all about.

Old 12-25-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
son, your only 23.

I'm going to be very real with you right now.

Its good that your in school and all but to make the first impression you've gotta feel good about yourself and what your doing in your life right now. I think it's a good thing for young men to raise their value. I wouldn't be concerned too much with having a relationship at your age, but flings are great. Take the time and travel if you can, if you can't afford to do any international traveling just visit places in your locality or nearby metro areas.

Learn languages, learn about new foods, learn to cook those foods etc.

Making a great impression really has to do with how you feel, no one can validate you at the end of the day but yourself. People who are attention w ho rrr es and approval seekers have a bad aura around them. I would also say to choose who hangs around you in your social circle, that also determines a lot about how you feel about yourself (and where your going in life).

Don't be afraid to actually approach women as well, I've always found dating sites to be very passive. Sure you might get shot down but that's approaching is all about.
I sometimes speak to women while on the bus or at the train station. I do best when I'm at a location in which we're both doing or waiting for something that takes a while before we go about the rest of our day.

I notice women are everywhere around me. I wouldn't mind a fling at all, and I am a virgin even though I'm not just looking for some bacon. I hear a lot of times it's most difficult to speak to a woman while walking along the street.

What would be the best places to find a woman I don't know but willing to get to know me? Wherever I happen to see them, how should I go up and approach them? Yes, with confidence and with respect, but what should I say or do that despite rejection, I could still be successful?

Old 12-25-2011, 03:38 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times
Quote:
What would be the best places to find a woman I don't know but willing to get to know me?
There is no magical place you can go to meet a woman who will be willing to talk to you. You need to look for the person, not a place.

Old 12-25-2011, 04:04 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
There is no magical place you can go to meet a woman who will be willing to talk to you. You need to look for the person, not a place.
Nuh uh, there's a magical place where all the girls are forced to listen to you for a fee, plus dangle there parts for ya!

I've never been in one of those, but that's what I've heard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships