Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 05:54 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,157,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyc99 View Post
Thanks Sydney, really helpful post. I take care of myself well and I do work out regularly, I'm tall, well statured, and have big ole blue eyes, however I still do feel like not having hair is something that prevents me from opportunities with a good amount of women, especially since I'm still in my 20's and most men my age still have their hair.

But consensus so far, on this thread and with my friends, is that a toupee is not the right path to go down.
How many women do you need, seriously, Johnny? Instead of playing a numbers game, why don't you focus on one really great woman who finds you sexy and attractive, hair or no hair? Hey, it worked for Prince William, who I think is a stunner, hair, no hair, monarch or no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 10:30 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,003,482 times
Bald is not sexy, walking around looking like a "LIGHT BULB" with eyes-LOL

Old 12-28-2011, 03:00 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,686,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Given what you know about "sexy" and your dating statistics, your expertise on the subject is challenged to say the least. Is there any remote chance that you'll actually learn something in the new year or are you doomed to continue on the same aimless and non fulfilling path you've been on for the last at least four where dating is concerned?

OP - take it from an old broad who's been around the block probably more than you'll ever go in your lifetime - baldness is NOT detrimental and has NOTHING to do with attractiveness except to very superficial people. I'm a woman and have had "bad hair" all my life. Wimpy, whispy, sparse and, in a next life, I would wish for curly locks that I could swing around, pin up or let flow around my shoulders. This life not.

Stymied by it? Never. And likewise I've never been turned off by male baldness. Men wearing toupées or hair pieces? Men combing over their remaining hair to try and disguise their natural loss? AAAArgh!

It's what's between the ears which counts.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:06 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,003,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Given what you know about "sexy" and your dating statistics, your expertise on the subject is challenged to say the least. Is there any remote chance that you'll actually learn something in the new year or are you doomed to continue on the same aimless and non fulfilling path you've been on for the last at least four where dating is concerned?

OP - take it from an old broad who's been around the block probably more than you'll ever go in your lifetime - baldness is NOT detrimental and has NOTHING to do with attractiveness except to very superficial people. I'm a woman and have had "bad hair" all my life. Wimpy, whispy, sparse and, in a next life, I would wish for curly locks that I could swing around, pin up or let flow around my shoulders. This life not.

Stymied by it? Never. And likewise I've never been turned off by male baldness. Men wearing toupées or hair pieces? Men combing over their remaining hair to try and disguise their natural loss? AAAArgh!

It's what's between the ears which counts.

Most women over 40 are not bothered by thinning hair. It's usually the women in their 20's to early 30's

Old 12-28-2011, 07:57 PM

37,596 posts, read 45,972,346 times
Quote:
Before you say toupees are gross and always easily spotted, please first watch Moderator cut: no links

Also fyi many actors that you would not suspect, do wear toupees such as George Clooney, Jeremy Piven, Hugh Laurie, Chuck Norris, John Travolta, Ben Affleck (for a bald spot) and more.

I'm not overly insecure about my hair loss, just been thinking about this for a while and I'd love to get some unbiased opinions so let me know what ya think
Definitely NOT. I think toupees are absurd. And I love the bald look anyway!

Old 12-28-2011, 07:59 PM

37,596 posts, read 45,972,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Bald is ridiculously sexy, if the guy is handsome! Good LORD. You are so living on a different planet.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:07 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,147,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Bald is ridiculously sexy, if the guy is handsome! Good LORD. You are so living on a different planet.
Afraid TVSG and I visit each other's planets on this one. If the guy is handsome, it may be easier to overlook it. "Ridiculously" sexy... Gimme a break!

Old 12-28-2011, 08:11 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,646,900 times
I'd rather real hair. Whatever hair he has. I prefer short hair on most men no matter what but if he's balding no comb over.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:38 PM

4,587 posts, read 4,214,879 times
Quote:
I'd like to repost this link just for people who may not have seen it:

Movie Hair System New Roots Joe's 'Cut-In' Toronto, Ontario Canada newroots@rogers.com 416-631-7857 - YouTube

Just seems to me like the negative stigma when people hear toupee comes from the fact that they immediately thing of what they used to look like.
Wow! I have to admit that the hair piece in the video looks good. No way I would be able to tell it was a toupee.

I wouldn't be against a toupee if it looked that good. A bald head can look good depending on the guy. A comb over, never!

Old 12-28-2011, 08:46 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,147,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet*Tea View Post
I wouldn't be against a toupee if it looked that good.
It looks absolutely great and natural! It shaved 10 to 15 years off him!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships