Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 07:29 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanceryan View Post
No was told thief fathers were a non issue and all of them never see their kids, well since I've been in pic they all want to play a role but none want to pay child support at rate they shud b paying. Were going to b at our year anneversary and we've yet to have opportunity to be married, spending our first year in court fighting w/ family etc.
I don't usually advocate folks to "throw in the towel" . . . I believe in sticking to commitments. And I have raised stepchildren and spent my own personal resources making sure they were provided for properly - as well as educated well. I believe in blending a family and doing everything possible to make that family stable.

However, the woman you married evidently did not have things in good order w/ each of these children's dads BEFORE you got married.

It sounds like your resources are gonna be depleted for years to come. No telling how many legal battles are on the forefront.

And can you imagine the resentment when the day comes that you would like to have your own children, and you can't afford to do that?

If you are having doubts at this early stage, I would say the chances are very high that you will only have more doubts in the future. The longer you stay, the more indebted you are gonna become and the harder it will be on the children if you leave.

If you were my son, I would tell ya to put a stop to the madness and any legal bills from here out would be to pay for a divorce.

Were you planning to move b/c of a job opportunity? If so, pack up and go - without momma and the kids. She needs to get her life together and take care of those 3 kids she gave birth to WITHOUT depending on man # 4 to pay her way out of the mess she created.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:30 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,780 times
Quote:
Also 1 in 5 women have kids w/ multiple fathers, I signed up for marrying the woman I fell in love w/ and her 3 kids despite where/who/or how many they came from, and sure I learned much of the things I didn't know before we got married but I love her. My concern is at what point is it fair for her or anyone else's to expect me to stay around and flush my life and career down the toilet, because we are supposed to b moving out west, well that was b for I learned all that wed have to petition the courts for permission to leave the state cu
We can't survive in this economy here itz not possible for my career or health
She needs to go after them for child support. This may shut them up if you do it through the legal system.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:35 AM

1,505 posts, read 1,810,145 times
You can go now with little or no legal consequences or stay and deal with 17 more years of baby daddy drama.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:53 AM

4,061 posts, read 9,883,535 times
I purposely did not get divorced so the court had no say in where I moved my kids. Don't ditch them now, those kids probably love you and I hate it when people assume the worst of single moms. Maybe she has just made a string of bad choices....that doesn't make her a user, just perhaps someone who is too easily pushed around.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:56 AM

337 posts, read 663,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I bet she is already knocked up by this guy.
No genius she had her tubes tied after last child however we r planning to have a reversal so we can start our own family and experience the process together

Old 12-26-2011, 08:03 AM

Quote:
No genius she had her tubes tied after last child however we r planning to have a reversal so we can start our own family and experience the process together
And there goes how many thousands of $$$$ . . . this gal must be something really special cause she is sure costing you out the wazoo, lol.

Pack your bags. Head west. Alone.

If you don't want to get a divorce, then tell her that she can join you once she gets the legal stuff figured out w/ the child support and custody issues.

Consider filing separation papers b/f you go.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I don't usually advocate folks to "throw in the towel" . . . I believe in sticking to commitments. And I have raised stepchildren and spent my own personal resources making sure they were provided for properly - as well as educated well. I believe in blending a family and doing everything possible to make that family stable.

However, the woman you married evidently did not have things in good order w/ each of these children's dads BEFORE you got married.

It sounds like your resources are gonna be depleted for years to come. No telling how many legal battles are on the forefront.

And can you imagine the resentment when the day comes that you would like to have your own children, and you can't afford to do that?

If you are having doubts at this early stage, I would say the chances are very high that you will only have more doubts in the future. The longer you stay, the more indebted you are gonna become and the harder it will be on the children if you leave.

If you were my son, I would tell ya to put a stop to the madness and any legal bills from here out would be to pay for a divorce.

Were you planning to move b/c of a job opportunity? If so, pack up and go - without momma and the kids. She needs to get her life together and take care of those 3 kids she gave birth to WITHOUT depending on man # 4 to pay her way out of the mess she created.
I was always planning to move out west, she wants to come w/ so she I and the girls can have a fresh start, but she's already began to negotiate w/ me about pushing the date back, who h I'm firm on if courts don't let u leave I'm leaving. I've already told her I feel she needs to give the youngest over to the dad cause if I'm in pic or not 3 kids no real support and all the drama means its not best environment for kids and the smallest would b better off w/ one parent w/ an income at his disposal to take care of child vs an income divided by 3 to take care of 3

Old 12-26-2011, 08:06 AM

733 posts, read 1,663,660 times
Quote:
Also 1 in 5 women have kids w/ multiple fathers, I signed up for marrying the woman I fell in love w/ and her 3 kids despite where/who/or how many they came from, and sure I learned much of the things I didn't know before we got married but I love her. My concern is at what point is it fair for her or anyone else's to expect me to stay around and flush my life and career down the toilet, because we are supposed to b moving out west, well that was b for I learned all that wed have to petition the courts for permission to leave the state cu
We can't survive in this economy here itz not possible for my career or health
Where did you get your statistics? I probably know a couple of hundreds of women my whole life, some of them messed up, some of them normal, but none of them have kids with multiple fathers. Same goes for the guys I know too...

Old 12-26-2011, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
She needs to go after them for child support. This may shut them up if you do it through the legal system.
Which is exactly what were doing its very expensive though we just dropped $2k+ just to get that dad ordered to pay only $200 mth so it will take a yr to break even on him

Old 12-26-2011, 08:07 AM

Quote:
I was always planning to move out west, she wants to come w/ so she I and the girls can have a fresh start, but she's already began to negotiate w/ me about pushing the date back, who h I'm firm on if courts don't let u leave I'm leaving. I've already told her I feel she needs to give the youngest over to the dad cause if I'm in pic or not 3 kids no real support and all the drama means its not best environment for kids and the smallest would b better off w/ one parent w/ an income at his disposal to take care of child vs an income divided by 3 to take care of 3
Well. Asking her to give up a child is not the best idea, either. She may resent that for the rest of her life.

So - the baby's daddy WANTS custody of this child?

Is she getting child support for the other kids?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships