Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2011, 12:06 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,179,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
I think you made the good choice in looking out for your "mail order" wife in Thailand (could have been the Philippines too), because all the guys who tried Russian and East Europeans girls ended up with BIG problems, on the other hand the guys I know who married Asian women don't seem to have trouble (the worse thing that can happen is that she asks you to send a 100 $ Western Union check each month to help her family back in the country!). Eastern Europeans women on the other hand (save the Poles maybe-Catholic upbringing-?) have no qualms marrying US and West Europens citizens just to get green card or work papers, and then bye bye they leave the guy after having sucked most of his money.
So you're asking her to prostitute herself and - sorry, I absolutely boggle at this.
Nice play on human trafficking/slavery.
In essence, you're buying another human being.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:26 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,298 posts, read 14,102,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
.......There mostly wasn't any matches, but some of those men, I wouldn't want anything to do with and neither would most other women I know. ......
Are you saying that ugly men who are decent individuals but without charming personalities, who don't match up to your high standards or those of other American women, don't deserve to get married?

Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
...... since thais hate anywhere that isn't thailand......
This disqualifies from serious consideration everything else you said. That's simply not true.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:47 AM

2,924 posts, read 5,584,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
This disqualifies from serious consideration everything else you said. That's simply not true.
if you believe that then you clearly have no experience with thailand or thai people. thai's simply prefer living in thailand. why do you think so few live overseas? there's 11 million overseas filipinos, 6 million overseas indonesians, 5 million overseas khmers, 4 million overseas viets, 3 million overseas burmese, and not even 1 million overseas thais.

look at your own country, barely any thai's, and it's the largest destination for emigrants! and most of the thai's who do emigrate are chinese-thai in any case. i mean there's more lao-americans than thai americans, lao is a country of barely 7 million ppl!

there will always be a few exceptions, but for the most part thai's don't want to leave thailand. if the OP wants girls who are desperate to get out of their home country he should go to the philippines.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:53 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,694,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Are you saying that ugly men who are decent individuals but without charming personalities, who don't match up to your high standards or those of other American women, don't deserve to get married?

No, actually what I said was, the men I saw in the documentary I personally wouldn't want anything to do with. If not wanting to deal with a man who has been married 4 or 5 times is a 'high standard' then I guess I fit that bill then. No biggie, to each his own. And the last time I checked men weren't chomping at the bit for women who are "ugly without charming personalities." So don't seem so surprised when women don't want the same. It is my opinion that some of the American men who seek mail order brides do so b/c of their dating failures with American women. I didn't say this makes them wrong or it makes them right....Also, I didn't say anything about them being deserving of marriage, what I said was: I don't care if men marry or date women who are 'mail order brides.' And I don't.

Last edited by Doll Eyes; 12-28-2011 at 01:09 AM..

Old 12-28-2011, 01:07 AM

19,045 posts, read 25,110,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
So you're asking her to prostitute herself and - sorry, I absolutely boggle at this.
Nice play on human trafficking/slavery.
In essence, you're buying another human being.
Very good point. It really highlights how many folk here are reduced to pieces of shyte.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:09 AM

65 posts, read 99,529 times
I didn't think this would garner so many replies and go off on such a tangent lol! A friend of mine who went through the process suggested I sign up on a website and have a look around. I'm planning to contact some of these women before I travel to Thailand and meet them face to face and see if there is any chemistry.

As far as American women go, I'm tired of beating my head up against the wall pretty much since my highschool years (20+ years ago dating myself lol). Now a days if your not Brad Pitt or George Clooney and independently wealthy then most women won't give you the time of day. I've tried everything to being set up or dating websites (most of the time the pictures the women use are years old!) bars, chance meetings at the supermarket I've even joined Churches all with no luck.

Hearing what my friend said about Thai brides I decided to give this a try , what do I have to lose right?

Old 12-28-2011, 01:17 AM

2,924 posts, read 5,584,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtownKeith View Post
Hearing what my friend said about Thai brides I decided to give this a try , what do I have to lose right?
all of your money

go to thailand, have a nice vacation. don't bring anything home with you.

this is the wrong type of forum for this type of thread in any case. plenty of thai forums you can post on.

the women you will attract on those sites will bleed you dry, trust me. don't believe me then run an experiment. create a profile on dateinasia, thailovelinks, etc. talk to the girls. see how many start asking for money before you even meet them. theyre pros man. experts on separating you from your money. i find it amusing when western feminists complain about trafficking and all that, when its guys like you who are the ones getting played. dont think just cuz theyre from a poor country that theyre stupid. they're experts at this stuff. they know a mark when they see one.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:47 AM

65 posts, read 99,529 times
Quote:
all of your money

this is the wrong type of forum for this type of thread in any case. plenty of thai forums you can post on.

the women you will attract on those sites will bleed you dry, trust me. don't believe me then run an experiment. create a profile on dateinasia, thailovelinks, etc. talk to the girls. see how many start asking for money before you even meet them. theyre pros man. experts on separating you from your money. i find it amusing when western feminists complain about trafficking and all that, when its guys like you who are the ones getting played. dont think just cuz theyre from a poor country that theyre stupid. they're experts at this stuff. they know a mark when they see one.
Well I'm gona do my best not to be a human ATM. The girls I"m going to meet won't be the ones your talking about but the ones interested in marriage and settling down.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:10 AM

461 posts, read 780,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtownKeith View Post
I didn't think this would garner so many replies and go off on such a tangent lol! A friend of mine who went through the process suggested I sign up on a website and have a look around. I'm planning to contact some of these women before I travel to Thailand and meet them face to face and see if there is any chemistry.

As far as American women go, I'm tired of beating my head up against the wall pretty much since my highschool years (20+ years ago dating myself lol). Now a days if your not Brad Pitt or George Clooney and independently wealthy then most women won't give you the time of day. I've tried everything to being set up or dating websites (most of the time the pictures the women use are years old!) bars, chance meetings at the supermarket I've even joined Churches all with no luck.

Good riddance. I know plenty of single women who match you looks wise and share the same values but they aren't good enough for you. My cousin just got dumped by her boyfriend who lost a 100lbs. (and still needs to lose another 100) to pursue a much younger, hotter girl. A distant family friend from another country but she rejected him. He threw away a woman who loved him deeply to pursue a fantasy. So stop dissing American women, because there are a lot of wonderful, caring women who would do anything for a nice guy but the fugly old ones measure themselves by who they're with and can't stand to be with someone of their own stature. That is what this is about. You can get a hotter foreign chick to bring to the U.S. and whatever pathetic salary you make is a lot better than what she gets plus she gets a green card.

Old 12-28-2011, 03:56 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,179,866 times
Quote:
all of your money

I just watched this happen to a guy who used to work for me.
For the second time.
His new wife is 20 years his junior, had twins to anchor.

The guys are trying to play the women and get played themselves.
I find it humorous, but trafficking for sex is involved. They are buying another person. And that is wrong on every level.

I love going to Hua Hin to watch young women with western guys. The guys talk and the women pay no attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships