Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2011, 10:15 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,834,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
So, basically what you are saying is that you are entitled to a good looking woman - right?
Of course!

Average looking women with a little bit of meat on their bones go to the island of misfit toys.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:16 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
This post just stinks jealousy. career and education do not always mean money. Look at teachers. That's a career that doesmt necessary pay well but requires a college degree.

Also, once you get the mail order bride what do you do with her? Parade her around in front of exs as some sort of eff you? Chances are they are going to just whisper to their new boyfriend "yeah he always was a weirdo.doesn't surprise me he had to buy a wife"
I already covered this...the education line is just a mask. It's really about the money. There are lots of guys with degrees that don't make a lot of money or are having a hard time in this economy. The ultra picky single women around 28 and up want a guy with a degree and big money both...whereas some will just look for money and that's it. The degree is a moot point they don't really care about that if the guy still only makes a very modest amount of money.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:20 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I already covered this...the education line is just a mask. It's really about the money. There are lots of guys with degrees that don't make a lot of money or are having a hard time in this economy. The ultra picky single women around 28 and up want a guy with a degree and big money both...whereas some will just look for money and that's it. The degree is a moot point they don't really care about that if the guy still only makes a very modest amount of money.
And when a woman posted she was interested in a guy with money you STILL took exception. She said advancing education "informally" and you go on a tirade that she demands a degree.... it was totally irrational.

I dont' think your problem is lack of degree or big bucks. But I also don't think anything will convince you of that.

Her guy, with the career, money, degree and looks didn't realize it either. A crappy attitude trumps everything else.

Last edited by Mikala43; 12-31-2011 at 10:28 AM..

Old 12-31-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
So, basically what you are saying is that you are entitled to a good looking woman - right?
I said someone not overweight, not a model. I know what you're trying to do, paint me as someone that only cares about looks. That's the usual line women try to throw when they can't win this debate

Old 12-31-2011, 10:25 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
I've only been officially single for a little over 2 years. Much of that time I've been unemployed due to this horrible economy. But when I was working, I dated a woman for about 6 months. She was probably in the 5% or so that have realistic expectations and was very genuine. Part of the problem was it was long distance and she was a rebound for me. Since last October, I haven't done much due to the job situation. So I guess I just can't say for sure, but I do sense that most of what you say is accurate. My ex-wife is a perfect example. 25-30 years ago, the woman would have stuck by the man unless there was abuse, addictions, or adultery involved. Today, this simply isn't so. You get married in front of God and God doesn't condone divorce except in the case of adultery. Do you really think that the over 50% divorce rate in this country is because of cheating? I certainly don't! I'm a loyal, honest, hard working, family-oriented kind of guy. Women say they want these things, but if that were true, I certainly wouldn't be single right now.

Have fun in Thailand! I'm jealous!
I can see where you're in kind of a bad way. Have you tried looking for unemployed women to date?

I know from your posts that you also want a younger woman so an older rich lonely woman is out.

The truth is, not too many women that are already here want to be the one working and paying for everything, not Americans, not Latinas, not Asians. And without a job, you can't afford to go to Thailand and it's not going to be as easy to get one of those green card wives.

I think you just need to concentrate on a job for now and once you're working everything will become more positive.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:26 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,834,212 times
Quote:
I said someone not overweight, not a model. I know what you're trying to do, paint me as someone that only cares about looks. That's the usual line women try to throw when they can't win this debate
I just assumed you were someone who peaked in high school. Now you are bitter because all the hot girls want to date guys who did something with their lives and all you can do is sit around and think everyone else is wrong

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
No - I'm trying to point out to you that you feel that you are entitled to the type of woman that you desire. You talk about women with entitlement issues - but it seems like you are the one with entitlement issues. You think you are good looking, have enough money, have enough brains - therefore women should want to be with you. That is entitlement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Of course!

Average looking women with a little bit of meat on their bones go to the island of misfit toys.
I'm athletic I run, play tennis, do fairly difficult hikes a woman out of shape couldn't keep up with me and our interests probably wouldn't match anyway. Everyone likes someone that is in shape it influences mental health, and sexual health in additional to all around physical health. That's different from the ultra picky checklist older single women have...they want looks and everything on top of that.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:31 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
I'm athletic I run, play tennis, do fairly difficult hikes a woman out of shape couldn't keep up with me and our interests probably wouldn't match anyway. Everyone likes someone that is in shape it influences mental health, and sexual health in additional to all around physical health. That's different from the ultra picky checklist older single women have...they want looks and everything on top of that.
I have a cousin who is 60lbs overweight. I was 115lbs. She could outlast me in aerobics class.

That said, I have no problem with people having the right to date who they are attracted to. But if I found all the men I wanted didn't want me..... I sure as heck wouldn't blame the men. They have the same right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:31 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
How so? I already said I like a lot of American women...I can't help it they don't consider me worthy. I'm just not open to someone with kids and yes looks are important.... I'm athletic and not attracted to overweight women. I'm already 35 what am I supposed to do be alone the rest of my life?
Yes - for you I think looking abroad for a broad is the way to go.

Most American women that are your same age already have kids or have put on a couple pounds, and you and she would just be miserable if you found one. In Thailand, there are young women who don't mind an older American guy and middle class in their minds seems wealthy.

It seems that plenty of these marriages actually work out well enough. I'm sure it's not all bliss, all problem-free.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships