Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 03:32 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Mail order brides? Do they offer volume discounts?
To Arabs they do. Want to convert?

Old 12-31-2011, 03:49 PM

3 posts, read 6,409 times
Default you women who are disgusted are probably part of the problem

Hi There,

I was looking at new posts and ran across yours being a stable man just looking for a nice woman to settle down with. First of all You got it right, Western Women are a pain in the butt...... You will never figure out what they want or why. I know I am a woman. I am 55 and pretty much seen it all. I am an exception or at least in my own mind and told to me by my men friends. I have several friends who are women and trust me whoever put the post they dont mature until 30-35 you are so right and even then becareful. I have raised two fine young men, one just turned 30 and one is 26 and I have told them over and over again DO NOT GET MARRIED NUMBER ONE AND IF YOU MUST MARRY 30 AND OVER. I know the womans clock is ticking on kids but if you want it to last wait and the second thing I tell them is NEVER IF YOU CAN HELP IT MARRY A WESTERN WOMAN especially one that has been put up on a pedestal and things she is owed everthing because he daddy and probably mom spoiled her rotten. I have also told them the prettier the more issues they will have so if you can marry someone you really like as a friend and attracted to but someone who is into at least some sports, hikes or does something out doors even if it is an artist or something. You dont have to fish, hunt and hike but I have found women with this back ground are easy to please and they can go from camping to a 5 star resort and love both. Yes my sons tell me all the time they cant afford to take these women out or at least they have to space it out so they will have some money left over. That is wrong on about 100 levels. Also like someone else posted stop worrying about they want believe or not and as screwed up as this is they dont even know and women want a man who acts like he doesnt care that much or is not that attainable. I have even told my boys if you do decide to get married make sure you go to a divorce attorney and get a pre-nup. My sons say but mom I am just starting out I dont have too much. I say do it anyway believe you will be swinging from rooftops with sex before they snag you and once they do NOPE DONE NODDA in the sex dept. I am not saying all but trust me its most. Anyone thinking my sons are losers or dont have a good job WRONG.... Chemical Eng, lives in Dallas, TX, 6'1, blonde hair blue eyes and very sensitive and caring. Also be careful on mail order brides and actually Russia and a few other countries do this but becareful and I dont suggest it or at least make sure you have a pre-nup. Thats my advice and good luck to you.
Di

Old 12-31-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I'm 28 and looking fo a man who doesn't do any drugs, hasn't been in jail, has a job, has no children and preferably (although it's getting near impossible) hasn't been married.
I knew tons of men who met those "specs" when I was 25 to 35 so somehow, I am of the impression that, in reality, you want much more. Nothing wrong with that, but when most guys can't find what they want, either, is it any wonder that they look elsewhere?

BTW, it may depend on where you live, but here, where there are nearly 2 single men for every single woman in the 30 to 35 age group, (and the ratios don't favor men from age 20 to 50) women are very demanding and it is rare, except among the wealthy, to see a guy dating or marrying a woman who is better looking than him.

I know a number of guys who have married Asian women, have met them or seen the pictures, and to be completely honest, they did not marry them for their looks. Women may find this hard to believe but I've only seen one case of this.

Now, wealthy men marrying east European women may be different. They tend to be well to do, so are outside my social circles and are more interested in having a wife and kids who can fit into their upper class lifestyle.

Old 12-31-2011, 04:01 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,797,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
I knew tons of men who met those "specs" when I was 25 to 35 so somehow, I am of the impression that, in reality, you want much more. Nothing wrong with that, but when most guys can't find what they want, either, is it any wonder that they look elsewhere?

BTW, it may depend on where you live, but here, where there are nearly 2 single men for every single woman in the 30 to 35 age group, (and the ratios don't favor men from age 20 to 50) women are very demanding and it is rare, except among the wealthy, to see a guy dating or marrying a woman who is better looking than him.

I know a number of guys who have married Asian women, have met them or seen the pictures, and to be completely honest, they did not marry them for their looks. Women may find this hard to believe but I've only seen one case of this.

Now, wealthy men marrying east European women may be different. They tend to be well to do, so are outside my social circles and are more interested in having a wife and kids who can fit into their upper class lifestyle.
Yes I'm 35 in my age bracket the single men without children easily outnumber the single women without children. That's one reason guys like me have to go for younger women and keep the foreign women option open. It gets very tough for a man once you hit 35. A woman with my same specs would have a date every night of the week. As opposed to me that has no luck at all.

Old 12-31-2011, 04:05 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Yes I'm 35 in my age bracket the single men without children easily outnumber the single women without children. That's one reason guys like me have to go for younger women and keep the foreign women option open. It gets very tough for a man once you hit 35. A woman with my same specs would have a date every night of the week. As opposed to me that has no luck at all.
Why (and how) would there be more single women with kids then men? There are plenty of single men with kids. They might just not have primary custody.

Old 12-31-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Why (and how) would there be more single women with kids then men? There are plenty of single men with kids. They might just not have primary custody.
No. Divorced men are far more likely to get remarried than divorced women with kids.

This is why the number of single women at age 35 is under 20% whereas for men it is over 1/3 and climbing fast.

It's called serial monogamy and this causes this imbalance. The minority of men who are desirable will always get a second, third, fourth and fifth chance - even if their often despicable behavior is common knowledge. Many other men face instant rejection.

Combine this with the fact that single men are forced to relocate to find work and these places always have a very high ratio of single men to single women.

Then on sites like this, we hear predominately from women living in places where there are few jobs and all the single men they know are "inappropriate" for them.

Old 12-31-2011, 04:37 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
No. Divorced men are far more likely to get remarried than divorced women with kids.

This is why the number of single women at age 35 is under 20% whereas for men it is over 1/3 and climbing fast.

It's called serial monogamy and this causes this imbalance. The minority of men who are desirable will always get a second, third, fourth and fifth chance - even if their often despicable behavior is common knowledge. Many other men face instant rejection.
Yea, many of these men are sadly incapable of being alone. I know the stats with men needing to remarry. I didn't think of that. Their second and third marriages tend to end quicker as well. It's depressing to think about. So, I won't! Back to my skim coating.

Old 12-31-2011, 05:02 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,789,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Yea, many of these men are sadly incapable of being alone. I know the stats with men needing to remarry. I didn't think of that. Their second and third marriages tend to end quicker as well. It's depressing to think about. So, I won't! Back to my skim coating.
Well, people in general aren't really meant to be alone. I admit, I hate being alone. I guess part of it is I don't like my own company. I also am a guy who likes being in relationships. The good news is I've worked hard on myself, so hopefully, while more second marriages end in divorce, mine won't if I get remarried. I've done so much self improvement type of work that I should make a great husband.

Old 12-31-2011, 05:22 PM

782 posts, read 1,086,663 times
I have actually read through this entire thread. I find it interesting. Reminds me of two songs. One will place you in a reflective mood, the other is more or less amusing, depending on your viewpoint.

"The Pretender" by Jackson Browne, and,

"Get an Ugly Girl To Marry You" by The Coasters.

Both are on youtube. Lings provided.

The Coasters - Get an ugly girl to marry you - YouTube

Jackson Browne - The Pretender + lyrics - YouTube

....I'm going to be a happy idiot
And struggle for the legal tender
Where the ads take aim and lay their claim
To the heart and the soul of the spender
And believe in whatever may lie
In those things that money can buy
Though true love could have been a contender
Are you there?
Say a prayer for the pretender...

Jackson Browne

Old 12-31-2011, 06:53 PM

121 posts, read 519,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texabama View Post
I have actually read through this entire thread.
Great, can you tell me if the OP responded since his first post?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships