Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 11:46 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,746,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrevenge View Post
Why do you think only a woman with no experience in life can love someone?
Never meant to imply that...all women are capable of loving and being loved back in return..the list of qualities I listed that I found desirable, were each meant to be construed as independent factors, of one another.

Quote:
You do know that those who are 'innocent' will feel in time that they haven't experienced enough when they are unhappy with you (but won't say anything about to you since they don't want to be confrontational and upset you) but will explore other options without you knowing it. I had a friend who did that who married early (19) and felt she didn't know enough about the world with an ultra religious husband that had the same criteria as you but she went around behind his back. He never knew because she maintained the 'perfect wife' persona.
An interesting point of view...thanks for your comments...

Quote:
Knight, what you want is a Stepford wife but the thing is, a woman is a human being, just like you. So, she should have experiences and come to the conclusion of how she wants to live her life on her own and not because she doesn't know any better.
What do you define exactly, as "Stepford wife"? I have seen the movie, but it was admittedly some years ago that I cannot really recall the stereotype that well...

Quote:
And, there is no such thing as unconditional love or never having an argument or her going off on you if she gets mad-not all the time but the occasional natural expression of emotion. This is a real live human being you're dealing with and not a robot.
I never said I wanted a robot...plus, robots are incapable of emotion, correct? (And "love" is an emotion, yes?)

Quote:
I'm guessing your relationship issues surround the fact that you can't deal with real live humans and expect women to act in a controlled, unnatural way.
When did I say I couldn't deal with real live humans? I deal with them, on a daily basis...no problems, so far...

Quote:
Your post is all about finding a woman you can control which is not love at all.
I never said I wanted to "control", anyone...not sure where exactly that is coming from...

Quote:
What are you so worried about? That she may not like something about you and you may have to address it? Get real Knight. Because she will when she grows up and then you'll have to deal with a thinking human being with a brain who will call you out on your passive aggressive crap.
Hmm...with all kind respect intended here, I think perhaps you are making assumptions here about my motives that are incomplete, and/or half-truths...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
Total unconditional love? Never or rarely angry with you? Unwordly? Uncritical? Knight, it sounds like you're looking for some sort of subserviant child-bride from a poverty-stricken corner of the world.
How so? After all, aren't there women out there, who are shyer or more introverted, more soft-spoken, and less-confrontational? Granted, I know that they may certainly be the exception rather than the rule, but I would still assume that kind of female temperament and personality traits, is out there statistically to at least a certain degree?

Old 12-28-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
funny thing is, on paper what you describe sounds perfect...but in reality is the complete opposite of perfect, this type of girl would smother and annoy most men and they would become bored in not too much time.
Lol...as a guy, I could definitely never become bored or annoyed, with the kind of female personality described above!

Quote:
What if she 'steps out of line' and is no longer one of these (1-8) how would you deal with that? Because that's the reality, no person is perfect and its unlikely to find all these (1-8) in any one person IMO..have you met such a girl?
Perfection is certainly not expected...a girl with some or most the cited 8 factors would be totally amazing, to me personally. If she is no longer one of the 1-8, I can handle that...I understand that ppl can change, over time...and I would not attempt to stifle or otherwise hinder her...

Quote:
What is your definition of unconditional love btw?
Unconditional love, I would define the capacity to love someone, no matter what...and under normal circumstances, the capacity for unlimited forgiveness (something like intentionally committing murder, adultery, etc. is obviously a different story altogether though). Similar to a parent's love for a child, but in this case, rather than a parental relationship, I am referring to a spousal or serious romantic relationship, with unconditional love.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben242000 View Post
It sounds like you want someone you can control and run over.
Sorry, but simply not true...I have no desire to control anyone, at all...

IMO, the power and authority in a relationship should be equally shared, between both romantic partners...

Old 12-28-2011, 12:14 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,118,175 times
Actually, my first thought was a Stepford Wife as well. A Stepford Wife agrees with everything you say. Your opinions are her opinions. She does all the cooking and cleaning with a smile on her face. She laughs at all your jokes. She takes care of everything. Basically - all she lives for is making her husband happy and she has no needs of her own. She also has no personality of her own. To some men, this would be ideal.

Personally, my husband loves me because I challenge him, I make him laugh, I'm spunky, etc. I don't think he'd have fallen in love with me if I were what you are describing - but everyone has different tastes.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Actually, my first thought was a Stepford Wife as well. A Stepford Wife agrees with everything you say. Your opinions are her opinions. She does all the cooking and cleaning with a smile on her face. She laughs at all your jokes. She takes care of everything. Basically - all she lives for is making her husband happy and she has no needs of her own. She also has no personality of her own. To some men, this would be ideal.

Personally, my husband loves me because I challenge him, I make him laugh, I'm spunky, etc. I don't think he'd have fallen in love with me if I were what you are describing - but everyone has different tastes.
Thanks for your thoughts and comments, my friend Not to worry though...I am not looking for a Stepford wife! (Or at least, I honestly don't think I am? ) A couple reasons why: I am more than happy to help out, 50-50, with any household chores...I would also gladly cook and do her laundry for her, if I needed to on occasion or if she was busy; i.e., for example taking graduate level studies, etc. Also she would definitely be welcome to disagree with me, if she wanted to...I have no hang-ups on that at all (Although admittedly, a "gentler", "kinder" disagreement style would be nicer than a highly-vocal verbal argument, lol )

Also many thx for kindly providing the definition of "Stepford wife", btw!

Old 12-28-2011, 12:47 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,047,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
How so? After all, aren't there women out there, who are shyer or more introverted, more soft-spoken, and less-confrontational? Granted, I know that they may certainly be the exception rather than the rule, but I would still assume that kind of female temperament and personality traits, is out there statistically to at least a certain degree?
Knight, why don't you visit the Amish, dear? I don't know if they marry outsiders, though...

Old 12-28-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Knight, why don't you visit the Amish, dear? I don't know if they marry outsiders, though...
Certainly an intriguing hypothetical idea sierra...thanks for the suggestion!

Old 12-28-2011, 12:57 PM

8 posts, read 7,350 times
Knight, sounds like you are describing your internet penpal/"girlfriend" you were too afraid to actually meet. How's that "relationship" working out for you?

Old 12-28-2011, 01:03 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,047,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Certainly an intriguing hypothetical idea sierra...thanks for the suggestion!
I picked up a book at an airport not long ago: Amazon.com: Mennonite in a Little Black Dress: A Memoir of Going Home (9780805092257): Rhoda Janzen: Books. I believe the author said the Amish broke away from the Mennonites because they weren't conservative enough for them!

Wouldn't you love to have a wife like this? It looks to me as if the dude is wearing some sort of jeans, though... Aren't they of the devil?!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...agaraFalls.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships