U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 02:09 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,284,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty_Salute View Post
Knight, sounds like you are describing your internet penpal/"girlfriend" you were too afraid to actually meet. How's that "relationship" working out for you?
Sorry, but I no longer discuss that publicly here, as a rule...too much bashing / flaming / etc., earlier when I did so in the past...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 02:11 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,284,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I picked up a book at an airport not long ago: Amazon.com: Mennonite in a Little Black Dress: A Memoir of Going Home (9780805092257): Rhoda Janzen: Books. I believe the author said the Amish broke away from the Mennonites because they weren't conservative enough for them!

Wouldn't you love to have a wife like this? It looks to me as if the dude is wearing some sort of jeans, though... Aren't they of the devil?!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...agaraFalls.jpg
Lol...thx for the link / photo, sierra!

Old 12-28-2011, 02:18 PM

42,843 posts, read 54,857,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Lol...thx for the link / photo, sierra!
Darn! That won't work!

Amish marry Amish - no intermarriage is allowed.

Amish Culture, Beliefs, & Lifestyle - Amish Dress, Amish Technology, Amish Education, Amish Family Life

Old 12-28-2011, 02:20 PM

7,508 posts, read 2,149,558 times
I think those are good qualities, but these personality don't make her appealing at the same time. I would rather focus on her way of thinking. Will these personality build her up or is it just personality that makes her attractive for the sake of it.

Old 12-28-2011, 03:10 PM

6,791 posts, read 3,141,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
At this point, I just want a girlfriend, man. I'll take anybody. Even these San Antonio chicks that are 23 years old & have an 8-year-old kid. Gaaaah.
Lmao, this is comical; I get what you're saying though

Knight there's nothing wrong with your list. I see some posts that are questioning your intentions. I see no problem with your list or intentions. We all have our preferences, and it's not outrageous that you want a softspoken girl, who doesn't like drama, etc.
She's out there Believe it

Old 12-28-2011, 03:11 PM

7,339 posts, read 7,734,926 times
Quote:
Guys: do you find the kinds of girls with these listed personality traits attractive? Unattractive? Also why or why not?

1. Very affectionate, kind, and caring
2. Extremely compassionate and loving
3. Capable of giving total unconditional love, to a serious b/f
4. Forgiving and patient, of your faults and foibles...never or rarely angry with you
5. Soft-spoken, uncritical...if she has a disagreement with you, she is gentle about it
6. Innocent / non-worldly, both generally and also in terms of physical intimacy
7. Shy and/or introverted...but the "nice" kind of shy...
8. Wants a serious and exclusive relationship with you, and hopefully (eventually ultimately in the future) a loving marriage

Girlfriend / wife material? Or would you prefer something else entirely, and if so, what? Thoughts please?

Good luck finding a girl with all those qualities. Im pretty sure they only exist in disney movies.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:03 PM

4,876 posts, read 5,770,809 times
Quote:
Guys: do you find the kinds of girls with these listed personality traits attractive? Unattractive? Also why or why not?

1. Very affectionate, kind, and caring
2. Extremely compassionate and loving
3. Capable of giving total unconditional love, to a serious b/f
4. Forgiving and patient, of your faults and foibles...never or rarely angry with you
5. Soft-spoken, uncritical...if she has a disagreement with you, she is gentle about it
6. Innocent / non-worldly, both generally and also in terms of physical intimacy
7. Shy and/or introverted...but the "nice" kind of shy...
8. Wants a serious and exclusive relationship with you, and hopefully (eventually ultimately in the future) a loving marriage

Girlfriend / wife material? Or would you prefer something else entirely, and if so, what? Thoughts please?

ETA: the main reason I am asking is largely b/c, these are the kinds of things that I personally, as a guy, find to be extremely attractive in women. So just wanted to get some other thoughts / input...

Some of the above seems a little push-over, nicey nice and that can get boring..

5. Is a relationship killer. She better open her mouth and tell you what she thinks, not necessarily cruel-wise but these "keep your mouth shut" types of relationships don't fare as well..

4. Is not realistic. You should not be fighting all day but you are 2 seperate and distinct human beings and not everything is going to be agreed upon 100% of the time.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:26 PM

707 posts, read 1,280,720 times
There are some good qualities there. However, the women I have met who are like that tend to be sort of boring...meaning that they have no real hobbies, activities, or interests beyond the relationship. I can't be with someone whose "hobby" is me. I also don't like a woman who can't stand up for herself when the need arises, and who can't form her own strong opinion on something.

Also, if she is not at all physically attractive, then none of it matters. Sorry.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:24 PM

2,350 posts, read 1,362,385 times
Too old fashioned for me.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:51 PM

56 posts, read 39,643 times
Quote:
Honestly just curious to see what others' likes are.
This kind of thought process comes from someone who is doubting themselves or has become somewhat desperate.
Your reply is no reply at all - what does it matter what anyone else thinks?
Comparing your desires and likes to others is futile and worthless.

Quote:
As far as willingness to change my own likes and preferences, sure I am willing to be flexible. If a girl I was theoretically interested in had some or most of the qualities I outlined in the OP but not all of them, then absolutely, I would be open to giving her a fair shot
Are you really going to change what you like? Really? Would you do that with anything else in your life? Your home, your food choices, your career choices, your favorite color, your taste in music, your fav films, etc., etc?
Your requirements in a GF/spouse are quite important/pivotal and changing or ignoring them is quite likely to get you into trouble or leave you with heartache.

Also, the more you spend time on such thoughts, the less you spend on pursuing your mate with the certainty that you need and which your potential mate will be looking for, subliminally, in you.

I'm not being hard on you - I just want you to see that there's nothing wrong with your likes and preferences and you shouldbn't look to them as reasons for not having someone now who has those qualities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships