Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 02:54 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
I guess you are unable to define "disrespectful" too.
Maybe she didn't cater to your every whim?
Maybe she didn't treat you like her master?

If you are unable to say what she needed to do to be "better" how could she ever achieve it?
She seems to have batter victim symptoms, of which willing to change whatever to please you.

Seems YOU were the problem in this relationship.

She is MUCH better without you and the sooner she forgets about you the better.

Just a question, did you just decide to comment on my thread without even reading the original post? Your questions have absolutely nothing to do with my question. What would it accomplish if I told you the entire back story to my relationship? It wouldn't get you or me anywhere.

I didn't go into detail about what she did because it is irrelevant to everything I asked, and frankly, I just don't want to talk about it.

I'm not even complaining about her in my thread, I only said that I gave her enough opportunities, and this breakup was the final straw and I don't want anything more to do with it, even if she does decide to "change" now.

Please refrain from making ridiculous comments about me without any idea of why I decided to break up. I HIGHLY doubt anybody that remembers any of the posts I made while I was in the relationship would refer to her as the victim.

If you are so interested, feel free to read my old threads and get an idea. I am single now, and do not plan to talk about the problems of a relationship I'm not in.

Last edited by intelfan11315; 12-28-2011 at 03:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 07:56 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,212,031 times
Quote:

If you are unable to say what she needed to do to be "better" how could she ever achieve it?
She seems to have batter victim symptoms, of which willing to change whatever to please you.

Did you read the same thread??!?!!?!?!

LOL

Old 12-28-2011, 08:45 AM

32 posts, read 79,231 times
Okay, i think two things: firstly, please do not ignore her. and secondly do not tell her that...how was it in that reply to you...do not tell her that you notice that she is trying to change and her attempts are paying off (because THIS will give her hope).

I suggest you sit down with her and tell her that you just dont have the feelings anymore. Not particularly because of this or that, not because it was something she did, but just because its life and in life, sometimes it happens, feelings come and feelings go, and you wont feel the same again, does not matter what she does and tries to change in herself. Also please dont lie to her that you have someone else now (and do not say it even if you do: it will only hurt her). just talk to her, explain. hopefully it will give her some closure of some sort.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:01 AM

538 posts, read 1,522,022 times
Quote:

LOL wut?

Trackwatch, whoever you are, don't let your personal issues take over someone else's thread!

OP, you did a good job. No one can truly change in a short month. Don't take her back.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:03 AM

538 posts, read 1,522,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashaROL View Post
Okay, i think two things: firstly, please do not ignore her. and secondly do not tell her that...how was it in that reply to you...do not tell her that you notice that she is trying to change and her attempts are paying off (because THIS will give her hope).

I suggest you sit down with her and tell her that you just dont have the feelings anymore. Not particularly because of this or that, not because it was something she did, but just because its life and in life, sometimes it happens, feelings come and feelings go, and you wont feel the same again, does not matter what she does and tries to change in herself. Also please dont lie to her that you have someone else now (and do not say it even if you do: it will only hurt her). just talk to her, explain. hopefully it will give her some closure of some sort.
What? The OP owes her nothing. He already gave her a million chances. It's over. It's done. OP should feel free to move on and is certainly not obligated to talk to her again.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:09 AM

32 posts, read 79,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonata36 View Post
What? The OP owes her nothing. He already gave her a million chances. It's over. It's done. OP should feel free to move on and is certainly not obligated to talk to her again.
this is not about giving chances. And OF COURSE he does not owe her anything! I thought the question was: how to stop her from being persistent.
Well that might do it. Thats all I was saying! Sometime all a girl (a broken-hearted girl) needs is a closure. A proper goodbye. That sorta thing.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:13 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,314 times
Quote:

BUrgler sounds like your ex tracked you down to cd...lol. WTF is the only thought that came to mind after reading this post. lol

Old 12-28-2011, 09:18 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashaROL View Post

He would be lying if he said this. Clearly he cares about her ( which is not the same as love ) and not all women would accept this speech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonata36 View Post
I'm with you.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:23 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
BUrgler sounds like your ex tracked you down to cd...lol. WTF is the only thought that came to mind after reading this post. lol
I thought the same thing. Haha

Old 12-28-2011, 10:54 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
LOL! Oddly enough, I thought it was her or one of her friends too!

Thanks everybody for the advice, I'm going to kind of try to use all of it. I will do my best! She has already been asking about 7 times today alone :S I feel horrible!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships