Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 04:54 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,451,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Your boyfriend needs to come out of the closet already.

All signs are pointing to him wanting to be with you, and if that's not the case, then he just enjoys you paying for expensive trips.

I think you should call him out and get all this sorted immediately...
Its not that simple and that was one of the issues we had. I know from personal experience that telling yourself you are gay is a huge step and if a person is not ready then there is no forcing it. Plus on top of it his family is homo phobic and I know he is worried he will lose them even though they are rarely if ever there for him now. So even though it is hard I have decided to accept him for who he is and be his friend and deal with the fact he has a gf.

One more thing is I do know he likes it when people do things for him and I went into the relationship knowing that and I am the kind of person who likes doing things for people so it does not bother me at all. To me money is not worth much if you are not having fun with your friends or a bf so I have no problem going out and spending it as you can't take it with you and to be honest and blunt unless I really go all out, I am not super rich, I have more then I can spend in my lifetime so that is not a concern for me.

Last edited by Josseppie; 01-04-2012 at 05:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 07:19 AM

19,693 posts, read 20,218,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Its not that simple and that was one of the issues we had. I know from personal experience that telling yourself you are gay is a huge step and if a person is not ready then there is no forcing it. Plus on top of it his family is homo phobic and I know he is worried he will lose them even though they are rarely if ever there for him now. So even though it is hard I have decided to accept him for who he is and be his friend and deal with the fact he has a gf.

One more thing is I do know he likes it when people do things for him and I went into the relationship knowing that and I am the kind of person who likes doing things for people so it does not bother me at all. To me money is not worth much if you are not having fun with your friends or a bf so I have no problem going out and spending it as you can't take it with you and to be honest and blunt unless I really go all out, I am not super rich, I have more then I can spend in my lifetime so that is not a concern for me.

I get what you're saying, I think you seem pretty honest about the whole situation. I just think it's kind of wrong of him to have this girlfriend, when he wants to be with you...(Obviously, I'm sure you feel the same, lol...)

It would drive me nuts being that girl...he's going to give her some major issues down the road if he doesn't break it off w/ her. I mean, this could be potentially devistating...

Old 01-05-2012, 07:29 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,669,000 times
Quote:
It would drive me nuts being that girl...he's going to give her some major issues down the road if he doesn't break it off w/ her. I mean, this could be potentially devistating...
If the girl doesn't soon "get it" herself then she's either incredibly naive, super daft or doesn't care whether her boyfriend is bisexual or anything else.

To be honest I'm not sure now why the OP even started the thread. He seems like a pretty decent sort but obviously he's going to do exactly what he was doing in the first place and really didn't need any input from anyone else.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:38 AM

2,066 posts, read 4,334,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Someone suggested I start a new thread. I decided it was a good idea so here it is..........

I just finalized dinner plans with my ex and I am meeting him at a local sushi restaurant. I am kind of nervous as I have not hung out with him since July but I think enough time has passed that I am able to be his friend. I just hope the same is true with him.

It will be interesting to see if he still whines like he use to and more importantly if he leads me on. He currently has a gf so if he does try to lead me on it would have a opposite affect. I would not say anything at dinner but will laugh after and feel sorry for him and especially his gf. I mean who would want to date someone if they are actively leading on other guys and girls? I know I would not. To me it would show that he would have no problem cheating on his partner and cause me to be thankful that I am not dating him but only his friend.

When its over I will post how it went...............
No good will come of your meeting.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
You're a little late to the party. There's already been a second dinner date since the OP started the thread!

Old 01-05-2012, 07:49 AM

2,066 posts, read 4,334,970 times
Case in point... he's leaving the new gf for the old one.
And she's falling for it... tisk

Old 01-05-2012, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Case in point... he's leaving the new gf for the old one.
And she's falling for it... tisk
No. The characters in this drama are a homosexual, a bisexual and a current girlfriend of the bisexual unless you're confusing this with a completely different thread ...

Old 01-05-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
I get what you're saying, I think you seem pretty honest about the whole situation. I just think it's kind of wrong of him to have this girlfriend, when he wants to be with you...(Obviously, I'm sure you feel the same, lol...)

I don't necessarily disagree with you but that is not something I can tell him it is something he has to learn on his own. As a friend I can just be there for the process no matter who he dates.

I am having more and more of my friends tell me that these are signs he really wants to be with me. Then last night I got a text from him asking why I called his Gf. I don't have her number and I have never called her and that is what I told him. To be honest I could walk past her on the street and I would not recognize her even though I know of her. I think she is doing this because she feels threatened. Now rather she has good reason or not I am not sure as currently we are just friends. I have not talked to him since but next time I do I want to find out what she said I told her when I supposedly called her because that is just not my style.

Last edited by Josseppie; 01-05-2012 at 02:45 PM..

Old 01-05-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
If the girl doesn't soon "get it" herself then she's either incredibly naive, super daft or doesn't care whether her boyfriend is bisexual or anything else.
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
To be honest I'm not sure now why the OP even started the thread. He seems like a pretty decent sort but obviously he's going to do exactly what he was doing in the first place and really didn't need any input from anyone else.
Thank you for the compliment.

I admit I am stubborn, however, this thread is a continuation of another thread from when I was trying to decode of I should call him or not. So this conversation has helped me set a side my romantic feelings for him and be a friend and while I am still not exactly where I want to be I am in a much better place then I was in even 2 weeks ago when I was not talking to him.

Old 01-05-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
I think overall it has been good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships